At lunch today

Options
dc's teflondon
dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
me and the guys were talking and i said that i could last 1 round with mayweather and gina cerrano if i trained for 6 months...are there athletes you feel you could take or last with in their respective sport

Comments

• Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    me and the guys were talking and i said that i could last 1 round with mayweather and gina cerrano if i trained for 6 months...are there athletes you feel you could take or last with in their respective sport

Come on famo... mayweather.

Start over, pick somebody else.

That or you're already in hella shape now.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    im assuming u would be clinching the entire round....
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    bruh, mayweather?
  • MR.CJ
    edited August 2010
    Options
  • dc's teflondon
    edited August 2010
    Options

if you going to attempt something like that you have to go at a p4p guy...i would have head gear on too...i probably would run the entire round but my pride would get in the way and i'll try to land some punches
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not this ? again....
  • dc's teflondon
    edited August 2010
    Options

what about gina cerrano
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think you could, keep your hands up and try to initiate the offense. Mayweather does alot of running around the ring to tire you out first. I'm sure you could get to round two if you keep them hands up and keep him movin around. ? in here actin like Maywether is on Tyson status just step in the ring throwing punches all the time.
  • MR.CJ
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think you could, keep your hands up and try to initiate the offense. Mayweather does alot of running around the ring to tire you out first. I'm sure you could get to round two if you keep them hands up and keep him movin around. ? in here actin like Maywether is on Tyson status just step in the ring throwing punches all the time.

u think its that easy? smh
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited August 2010
    Options

Thats against Boxers with skills and folks who been fighting their whole life, im pretty sure If Mayweather was fighting someone who just randomly picked up the gloves and only been taking it serious for 6 months he would put the beats on the dude

Mayweather when he wants to can flat out drag your ass (nh) , he put a lesson on shane mosely and mayweather didnt run around the ring he brought the offense, and lets not get started on that ass beating he put on Arturo Gatti

nah hell nah , he not tyson, but ? can get ugly

and throwing punches the whole time is not going to do anything but get his ass rocked against a counter puncher
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If you want to get knocked out.. listen to him
  • kentuckywildcat
    kentuckywildcat Members Posts: 9,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah,you might can last 1 round or 2 with Floyd....but after that it's over..... I know I smoke to much weed and need to get my Wind... I be looking at the Corner Man to throw in the Towel.

Hopefully he won't do me like Rocky did Apollo and Throw it in too late!...lol
  • dc's teflondon
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i also told them that i think i can beat 90% of the WNBA players
  • MR.CJ
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thats against Boxers with skills and folks who been fighting their whole life, im pretty sure If Mayweather was fighting someone who just randomly picked up the gloves and only been taking it serious for 6 months he would put the beats on the dude

Mayweather when he wants to can flat out drag your ass (nh) , he put a lesson on shane mosely and mayweather didnt run around the ring he brought the offense, and lets not get started on that ass beating he put on Arturo Gatti

nah hell nah , he not tyson, but ? can get ugly

and throwing punches the whole time is not going to do anything but get his ass rocked against a counter puncher

read the bolded.
  • dc's teflondon
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i don't doubt floyd would kick my ass...all i said was that i could last 1 round...that doesn't mean i'm engaging the ? ...i can run and hold and the entire; but i think i could be gina though
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol i know of a guy convinced he could give pacquiao a decent fight because of the size difference nh
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i don't doubt floyd would kick my ass...all i said was that i could last 1 round...that doesn't mean i'm engaging the ? ...i can run and hold and the entire; but i think i could be gina though

Well if you hold you can be hit.. and you have to be able to move skillfully or else he can cut you off.. which he would probably do anyway..
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited August 2010
    Options

U Dont Need to Train 6 Months for that.
  • dc's teflondon
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well if you hold you can be hit.. and you have to be able to move skillfully or else he can cut you off.. which he would probably do anyway..

dudes at work sent me a video of floyd pummeling brusselles saying that would be me
  • dc's teflondon
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i can last a round with ali and frazier right now
  • la2lv
    la2lv Members Posts: 121
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i can last a round with ali and frazier right now

i've seen ali on the heavy bag recently, and even with the shakes, he's sending you home disappointed
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    When I said step into the ring throwin punches all the time in reference to what Tyson did.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? i could've punished james toney
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    Options
    When I said step into the ring throwin punches all the time in reference to what Tyson did.

true.. my bad
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    smh ? ...that would be the all time worse pro's vs joe's episode

I mean real ? I feel as if I can be a great base stealer in the majors.....to this day I don't understand how you can have a sport full of non athletic ppl....if 75% of the ppl in the majors were actual athletes, the sport would actually be exciting to watch

There is no reason why these catchers aren't getting tested more. Pitchers should be scared to throw a off speed pitches with players on base. There should constantly be bush league, hit and run plays.