Allen Iverson

Options

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    iverson was a athletic freak of nature!!....to bad he wasted it!!
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    AI was killing ? ....for a few year span he was pound 4 pound the best player in the league

real talk...

one of the best sg's ive ever seen...
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Iverson was definately the best SG from 2000 to like about 2 years till TMac was goin in .....he took 2003 from Ivo then TMac gradually fell off while Kobe steady maintaining his level of play and lasted up until now ....while all them other ? couldnt keep up....damn shame Ivo embarrassed himself like that his last cpl years....hes a legend
  • DubbGotti614
    DubbGotti614 Members Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I respect A.I. to the fullest he was that ? . I remember Eric Snow recently saying that A.I. does'nt want to be a ring chaser and I respect even more for that. Im tired of seeing old players past their prime jumping from team to team (shaq) tryna win
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

no he didnt
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    i remember back in the day at the schoolyard, ? stayed imitatin that crossover......

LOL, yeah I know. I was one of them. As a kid I wanted to ball just like AI and Penny.
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yroholla wrote: »
    Iverson was definately the best SG from 2000 to like about 2 years till TMac was goin in .....he took 2003 from Ivo then TMac gradually fell off while Kobe steady maintaining his level of play and lasted up until now ....while all them other ? couldnt keep up....damn shame Ivo embarrassed himself like that his last cpl years....hes a legend

lol you really hate Kobe huh???
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options

lol @ a 1st ballot HOF "wasting" his talents.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    radaman wrote: »

Believe it or not AI was one of the top SG in 2000 and 2001 argueable better than kobe then....kobe was shining but more people like AI more
  • radaman
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Believe it or not AI was one of the top SG in 2000 and 2001 argueable better than kobe then....kobe was shining but more people like AI more

but dude said he was the best from 00-08.... nah, he didnt rule for that long.... and I aint even on Kobe's nuts like that nh
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That didnt make him better.. but thats a true statement "street.... .cred"
  • yroholla
    edited August 2010
    Options

I dont actually.....Im a big fan of his...just call it how i see it
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    but dude said he was the best from 00-08.... nah, he didnt rule for that long.... and I aint even on Kobe's nuts like that nh
    lol I think he said only from 2000-2002 then he mentioned t-mac
    That didnt make him better.. but thats a true statement "street.... .cred"

Not saying that was reason that made him better but AI had to do more work than kobe back then
  • Conscious212
    Conscious212 Members Posts: 813 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

Not saying that was reason that made him better but AI had to do more work than kobe back then

That's true. When you consider the size differentiation (of A.I & Kobe) what he did was extremely impressive. AI in the early 200-02, was unstoppable, I would say AI was better in that time period because he had to be the messiah like player, all the time, kobe had a great team.
  • yroholla
    edited August 2010
    Options

i said from 2000 to like 2 years in till TMac took over, that would be in the 2002-2003 range....clearly you misunderstood
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A.I. fatal flaw was that he couldnt coexist with anyone.. he would have been a much more effective player if he wasn't so bullish
  • radaman
    edited August 2010
    Options

my bad, I misinterpreted what he said
  • radaman
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i said from 2000 to like 2 years in till TMac took over, that would be in the 2002-2003 range....clearly you misunderstood

yeah, I thought you were saying that AI was the best SG from 2000 up until like 2 years ago.... my fault....
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    A.I. fatal flaw was that he couldnt coexist with anyone.. he would have been a much more effective player if he wasn't so bullish

To an extend, I agree with this! The other part was improving his skills!!
  • yroholla
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Funny how Kobe and LeBron fans cry they didn't have real help.....yet Iverson was a "ballhog" lol. Iverson never had his "Pippen" or "Gasol" in his prime......
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Funny how Kobe and LeBron fans cry they didn't have real help.....yet Iverson was a "ballhog" lol. Iverson never had his "Pippen" or "Gasol" in his prime......
    Yo real talk iverson was a ballhog. Idont know how old you are or if you reember.. or if your a product of the and1 generation but he was.. i already know what your rebuttal is going to be but go ahead.. he as a great player no doubt but wasnt a number 1.. and every team he left got better for it.. he kinda hampered the progress of players on his team in phi toward the end of his stay there.. and well.. he had a ready made team in Denver.. he should still be playing there.. but again they got better once he left
  • yroholla
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yo real talk iverson was a ballhog. Idont know how old you are or if you reember.. or if your a product of the and1 generation but he was.. i already know what your rebuttal is going to be but go ahead.. he as a great player no doubt but wasnt a number 1.. and every team he left got better for it.. he kinda hampered the progress of players on his team in phi toward the end of his stay there.. and well.. he had a ready made team in Denver.. he should still be playing there.. but again they got better once he left

fact remains that he never had his "Pippen" or "Gasol"....Denver was meant to be nice but its not fair to Iverson considering he played alongside another well known one dimensional player and hot head Carmelo Anthony....not to mention the chucker of all chuckers JR Smith.....just a lack of cohesion regardless cause it aint like Denver got exponentially nicer with Billups....they still cant get to the WCFs so whats Billups really doing?? Not to mention this guy Melo puttin hits out on ? and tryna cover it up to create controversy just to get off the Nuggets....George Karl cant handle those types thats where you have to credit Larry Browns skills...
  • Miami6
    Miami6 Confirm Email Posts: 1,290
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If he smart he would go over seas and sit on top of the world and win a championship

a greek club that is in last place offered him 2.5 million salary for one year...then they said if he leads them to a championship....there will be other incentives in the contract.....

i dont see an nba playoff team in febuary 2011 offer AI a contract........ someone will try to call rasheed wallace back from retirement..but i just dont see anyone offering iverson anything....
  • radaman
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Miami6 wrote: »
    a greek club that is in last place offered him 2.5 million salary for one year...then they said if he leads them to a championship....there will be other incentives in the contract.....

i dont see an nba playoff team in febuary 2011 offer AI a contract........ someone will try to call rasheed wallace back from retirement..but i just dont see anyone offering iverson anything....

whats up john? what u been up to ? ?
  • Miami6
    Miami6 Confirm Email Posts: 1,290
    edited August 2010
    Options
    whats up john? what u been up to ? ?

i dont know where this is going but this is not john2009