Allen Iverson

Comments

• Miami6
    Miami6 Confirm Email Posts: 1,290
    edited September 2010

? stepped over tyronn lue like Lue a piece of trash

hahahh.. the backstory was before the week leading up to the finals..lue was dressing up like iverson in practice...he had on the sleeve..had corn rows..and was imitating iversons speed in practice so that laker players could learn how toguard him.

I am and always will be a laker fan...but deep down..i wanted iverson to WIN this series just so that he could have stuck it to david stern ...too bad they didnt have enough...
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    John2009 wrote: »
    hahahh.. the backstory was before the week leading up to the finals..lue was dressing up like iverson in practice...he had on the sleeve..had corn rows..and was imitating iversons speed in practice so that laker players could learn how toguard him.

I am and always will be a laker fan...but deep down..i wanted iverson to WIN this series just so that he could have stuck it to david stern ...too bad they didnt have enough...

come on now john
  • vageneral08
    edited September 2010
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
  • Miami6
    edited September 2010
    matt- wrote: »
    come on now john

what?!?! i cant be a laker fan.....cmon now....and STOP calling me john
  • Darius
    edited September 2010
    john2009 wrote: »
    what?!?! i cant be a laker fan.....cmon now....and STOP calling me john

a laker fan who was rooting for the other team to win a playoff series?
  • Miami6
    edited September 2010
    a laker fan who was rooting for the other team to win a playoff series?

because i wanted Iverson to stick it to david stern.... (i didnt care if lakers lost) ... i wanted him to WIN b/c david is racist and got all these dress codes and ? ..he changed the nba b/c of AI
  • Darius
    edited September 2010
    john2009 wrote: »
    because i wanted Iverson to stick it to david stern.... (i didnt care if lakers lost) ... i wanted him to WIN b/c david is racist and got all these dress codes and ? ..he changed the nba b/c of AI

dumb logic tho
  • Miami6
    edited September 2010
    dumb logic tho

to u..but to me..it made sense...... i know it pained david sterns ass to see iverson receive his MVP award in a T-shirt, jeans and corn rows.....
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Miami6 wrote: »

So it's Racist cuz he wants "Professionals" to Dress like "Professionals" and not dress like they are about to appear in a Young Jeezy Video??

they're Millionaires , dress like you got money, i Cant stand David Stern either but thats one of the best Moves he did make.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    So it's Racist cuz he wants "Professionals" to Dress like "Professionals" and not dress like they are about to appear in a Young Jeezy Video??

they're Millionaires , dress like you got money, i Cant stand David Stern either but thats one of the best Moves he did make.

? what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010

who gives about what they wear???
  • vageneral08
    edited September 2010
    That dress code was ? ass move that david stern did.....let them dress how they want to dress it aint hurting nobody that's some private school type ? ....dress code smh
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited September 2010
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    who gives about what they wear???

Cuz you representing a League ..and your organization, why is it a issue to wear a suit just to show up to the stadium?...

Gotta grow up some point and time, cant be in ya Late 20's and pushing 30 still trying to dress like that.... if that how they wanna dress away from the stadium then cool it aint nobody else business, but you get paid like a professional so act like one....

Nobody but NBA was ? about a Dress Code because they wanna dress like clowns 24/7 ......
  • MR.CJ
    edited September 2010
    that dress code was ? ass move that david stern did.....let them dress how they want to dress it aint hurting nobody that's some private school type ? ....dress code smh

i agree. ? that ? .
  • vageneral08
    edited September 2010
    Cuz you representing a League ..and your organization, why is it a issue to wear a suit just to show up to the stadium?...

Gotta grow up some point and time, cant be in ya Late 20's and pushing 30 still trying to dress like that.... if that how they wanna dress away from the stadium then cool it aint nobody else business, but you get paid like a professional so act like one....

Nobody but NBA was ? about a Dress Code because they wanna dress like clowns 24/7 ......

not everybody in the league wore baggy clothes or fitted caps and sneakers....what's so non professional if someone wears a polo shirt and a pair of levi's? David Stern just doing what he wants to do
  • MR.CJ
    edited September 2010
    not everybody in the league wore baggy clothes or fitted caps and sneakers....what's so non professional if someone wears a polo shirt and a pair of levi's? David Stern just doing what he wants to do

co-sign......
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited September 2010

it wasn't about just that, thats when the league started to get a bad rap "League Full of Thugs" ...it wasn't just about the clothes,

i blame the media for a good bit of that image being portrayed but thats when the league started to get a lot of heat about "Thugs" ... Stern was just trying to clean up the image some

besides that i think Stern is Lame as Hell and seems like he does a bunch of sneaky ? ..
  • MR.CJ
    edited September 2010
    it wasn't about just that, thats when the league started to get a bad rap "league full of thugs" ...it wasn't just about the clothes,

i blame the media for a good bit of that image being portrayed but thats when the league started to get a lot of heat about "thugs" ... Stern was just trying to clean up the image some

besides that i think stern is lame as hell and seems like he does a bunch of sneaky ? ..

was that the same year when the whole thing in detroit happen?
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited September 2010
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Not exactly sure.

but the whole thing was trying to clean up the NBA image a bit because media and papers started labeling it as a bunch of Thugs....

Thats Part of the Media, When you Have One Fight in Basketball they'll label them all thugs, but if theres a fight in Baseball and Hockey it will be on ESPN Highlights for one day, laughed about and moved on.
  • MR.CJ
    edited September 2010
    Not exactly sure.

but the whole thing was trying to clean up the NBA image a bit because media and papers started labeling it as a bunch of Thugs....

Thats Part of the Media, When you Have One Fight in Basketball they'll label them all thugs, but if theres a fight in Baseball and Hockey it will be on ESPN Highlights for one day, laughed about and moved on.

its because thats a white person sport.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    MR.CJ wrote: »

it was the yr. after
  • Miami6
    edited September 2010

some of AI dunks......not bad at all...the dunk on camby was very nice....................