Is Tampa Bay the worst sports city?

13»

Comments

• allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Atlanta has to be top three in the worst sport cities in America.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    In the South, if it ain't SEC Football, people ain't checking for them.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Baseball isnt big here in Tampa. No matter if the team is winning or not, if people arent intrested in the sport then thier not gonna fill the stands. Thats just how it is. Its a catch 22, because if the stands did start to fill up now that they are winning then people would call us fairweather fans.

And for those of us who do like baseball, you guys really dont realize the hassle it is to get to the Trop. I live an hour to an hour and 15 mins away when there is no traffic. Now imagine me trying to get off work at 5 and make it there in gridlocked traffic. And when I say traffic standstill I mean it. It can take you a good 20 mins jsut to go less than a mile in the I-4, i-75 junction. Not to mention for the older people who enjoy baseball our metro transit system really ? sucks.

Now football on the other hand is a very big deal here. We grew up on football. I would say as far as fan passion concerning football in Florida were only second to maybe Texas. The Bucs constantly sell out games. All high schools here sell out games. USF sells out games.

And basketball is actually getting bigger as far as fans go here in central Florida. We constantly have a presence at Magic games even tho its an hour in the other direction.

Cosign everything she just said.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Kansas City is up there

yeah

arent yall atleast about to get the 2012 all star game??