R U truly a christian or hypocrite?

Options

Comments

• KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    You didn't answer the question. How violent, if people followed thou shalt not ? ?

how you gonna say "thou shalt not ? " and then two chapters later go "okay, go murder ALL of these people and take their land"

splain it to me
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    They didnt televise the event, but Jesus did come back earlier this year. (how you think the saints won the superbowl?)

But after he looked around and talked to a few Christians he said "? this ? ".

And got back on his horse and rode back into heaven.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    how you gonna say "thou shalt not ? " and then two chapters later go "okay, go murder ALL of these people and take their land"

splain it to me

I said 10 commandments...not any other chapter or verses. So what would the world be like?
  • Aquafinafloe
    Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
    edited August 2010
    Options
    to sit and argue religion is a complete wast of energy breath and time...satan is real just as much as ? is...this is very very pointless to all bielievers...
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    ^^^ thats my problem with you all right there. YOu excuse everything with, "Im not perfect, ? knows my heart, we all fall short."

Dog if you really believed in Heaven and Hell you would NEVER fall short of ? . If you truly believed there was a place you were going to go that burned with fire and brimstone for eternity you wouldnt even be online right now. YOu would have your BIble cracked open trying to make sure even owning a CPU wasnt a sin. You'd be so eager to get into heaven you wouldnt do ? else but worship ? , eat, ? , sleep, wake up and worship again.

Why are you on the IC? What that gotta do with getting into heaven? Why you got an apartment? What that gottaa do with getting into heaven? I mean Du if you REALLY BELIEVED then why you doing unnecessary ? ? If I REALLY thought that there was a place called hell where I would be tortured for eternity for my sins you think I'd sin?
    HELL NAH...

Christians are hypocrites because even they dont take the religion seriously. SO why should I? Hell even yall treat ? like ? ...if u aint scared of him I aint either.

Drax, the problem with that line of thinking is the belief that when someone becomes a christian they cease to be a human, and can no longer be held to the same standards as regular people...and that's just unrealistic....it's not natural, and it's not how people are...no matter what their faith and religion standing is..unless that person was that way naturally no religion is going to make them a perfect beliver even if they're extremely dedicated to their reliion....the strongest follower on this planet whomever he may be has imperfections in his or her life, they have doubts in themselves, and they constantly gorw and pray every day....not because of any reason other than they are just human...

no change in someones personality is over night, and nothing is complete..as long as we're on this planet we're improving...

and i strongly agree with you, the people you see everyday that claim to be christians are more than likely at the very bottom of that developement....you're not going to see the sort of dedication that you seem to expect tosee from all christians...

i know for a fact that anyone who looks at me and see how much i curse, and drink, and all the other things i do are not going to see a perfect christian in me..

but ig u look hard enough u will see growth...it may not be major, but it is contant, and whenever i notice the growth in myself, i make a very strong effort to give thanks...i pray that one day i can be that perfect chrisitian, but i know it's going to take time, because the desire to still sin is there, and i currently lack the full dedication to completely absatin from sinnin...

it's not a cop-out to say those things....it's a reality of who i am and where i'm at in life...

i don't smoke cigarettes and weed no more.....and it's genuinly not in me to do that anymore...everynow n then i get an urge..but i can see ive changed from a person who used to do that every day...

i show a lot more patience in making life changing decisions....i used to just do things completely on a whim...and it's not because i don't have the urge to not want to jump at oppertunites anymore.. i just feel that it wouldserve my purposes better to strategize things more and abide my time...

i don't hang out in the streets as much....and as much as i like taking to my friends when i get the chance.... i jsut don't feel that's my place anymore

al in out it's a maturiy and a growth....and to me that's what being a chrisitan is partly about, growing and maturing....and remebereing where u came from

i cannot say i'm perfect, nor will i attempt to say i am perfect, but i feel i am better now than i was 2 years ago....

what you're asking for is too far of an extreme that's quite near impossible
  • Dupac
    edited September 2010
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    needless to say

you know he made this thread for you right?

yea i knew that... dude hates me cuz i like picking with him...
  • Dupac
    edited September 2010
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    (Ya I've said it before) I just hate when Christians use their beliefs as an excuse to justify the f#cked up things they do in life. I have someone in my life who has told me "? has forgiven me when will you" My thought to that is "you must have a ? up ? and ? is not as forgiving as you would like to think look around, and you will pay for what you've done"'.

it's true a lt of ppl attempt to use their beliefs as a crutch or a guilt trip, but a better way to counter that would be to simply tell them to pray for you that u find it in your heart to forgive them.. forgiveness is a very very very very difficult thing to do.. true forgiveness that is.. i have a few ppl in my life that i have yet to truly forgive..

i think i can be social and plesant with them, but i know how i feel and i know in my heart i'm still holding on to some things....so that's what i'm trying to work on within myself right now....
  • Thanuyoka
    Thanuyoka Members Posts: 102
    edited September 2010
    Options
    McGeeAKey wrote: »
    i hear alot of people claimin they christian,but they go out and sleep around with everybody,judge people too much,gossip about folks on what they heard,etc...

And ? has a verse for what i just said.

If you truly are a man/woman of faith,why do the things you see doesnt come out in a positive way?

im not here to judge just to see where people head is at
    u never met a dude who thought he was ill but was really lame?
    never met a chick who swore she was bad as hell?
    someone who thought they were smart, funny, athletic etc.
    people try to be things they arent all the time.
  • Dupac
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Thanuyoka wrote: »
    u never met a dude who thought he was ill but was really lame?
    never met a chick who swore she was bad as hell?
    someone who thought they were smart, funny, athletic etc.
    people try to be things they arent all the time.

EXACTLY.. it's human nature, many ppl often improperly broadcast what they truly are....
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    McGeeAKey wrote: »
    i hear alot of people claimin they christian,but they go out and sleep around with everybody,judge people too much,gossip about folks on what they heard,etc...

And ? has a verse for what i just said.

If you truly are a man/woman of faith,why do the things you see doesnt come out in a positive way?

im not here to judge just to see where people head is at

It is as such because being a christian is a way not a thing. And doing the way of christian is a lot harder than merely assuming a title.
  • Dupac
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i also like to use the cop analogy...

all cops are not ? cops....

however, because so many people have strong memories with ? cops, and the damaging impact a ? cop can cause on a person....

many ppl hate all cops, and they reasonably know that not all cops are ? and abuse their authority...but just to be safe....they feel it's best to not give any cop the benefit of the doubt...
  • About$
    About$ Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    My momma call me a "BackSliding" Christian... idk what this is.. but sounds just wrong coming from your momma! But she stay in ATL so she only knows 1/3rd of the ? I'm into!
  • Dupac
    edited September 2010
    Options
    there's tons upon tons upon tons of things wrong with the church and it's members.. there's always some drama going on, there are a lotta ppl there that if u let them will completely suck you away from why ur SUPPOSED to be there..

it jsut takes a strong dedicated mind to be able to really stay completely focused on ur goal for being there....

to get better...to see growth...to work our your soul and salvation....and those things are never wholey complete
  • Dupac
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    It amazes me how many Christians have never fully read the bible. They just been feed verses and slogans.

Faith means not wanting to know what is true.

how does that amaze you when most people don't read at all to begin with....??

why do you feel every single person who steps in a church is instantly 100% dedicated to their faith, when evidence clearly shows that they're not 100% about anything in thier lives?

a large majority of people come to church in seek of guidance or spiritual repair.....the fact that this amazes you amazes me...

it's like people outside the church have more expectations for those in the church than the people themselves

i think you're guilty of putting christians on a pedastal of higher expectations that you don't require anyone else in the world to have.....

your definition of faith is very off.....

in order to not want to know what is true, someone has to first what is true to begin with, and beleive that it's the truth...

how can someone not want to beleive in something that they aren't even aware of??
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    it's true a lt of ppl attempt to use their beliefs as a crutch or a guilt trip, but a better way to counter that would be to simply tell them to pray for you that u find it in your heart to forgive them.. forgiveness is a very very very very difficult thing to do.. true forgiveness that is.. i have a few ppl in my life that i have yet to truly forgive..

i think i can be social and plesant with them, but i know how i feel and i know in my heart i'm still holding on to some things....so that's what i'm trying to work on within myself right now....

This is the thing Du I don't consider myself a Christian and if I did why would I pray for someone who has caused me so much emotional pain. Even if I said that wouldn't I be wrong for lying? Besides I believe that people have to pay for there wrong doings and that is were I'll get my redemption.
  • Dupac
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This is the thing Du I don't consider myself a Christian and if I did why would I pray for someone who has caused me so much emotional pain. Even if I said that wouldn't I be wrong for lying? Besides I believe that people have to pay for there wrong doings and that is were I'll get my redemption.

i can understand that, and i'm not sure what it would take for you to move past that, because i don't know if u even want to move past that.....the whole thing about forgivness is that you have to first want to forgive a person, and if u have no desire to want to forgive them, then the healing can't really begin...

the whole thing is basically you're not ofrgiving a person for them, you're doing it for you, and your soul, for you to be able to let go of that hurt and pain...that's why it's so hard, cuz you're trying to let go of thhe pain they caused you....it really has little to do with making them feel anybetter.. this is something that starts on the inside...

and the reason i said have them pray for you is because if they truly believe in the power of prayer, regardless if ur a christian or not, them praying for you would still be beneficial to the entire situation..if they place you in their prayers, and they truly believe thier prayers will be answered...things change in that relationship..even if subtely...but again...it's a tough situation....and i truly hope and pray that u get through it....

i tihnk i know the situation ur talking about too from past posts...and i could only imagine going through that myself
  • About$
    About$ Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ok.. just read up... I'm def the Prodigal Son.

No real fam out here & I find myself questioning ? 's word... because it was written by man, I can't take it for 100% truth. i'm sorry lord. :(
  • Dupac
    edited September 2010
    Options
    About$ wrote: »
    ok.. just read up... I'm def the Prodigal Son.

No real fam out here & I find myself questioning ? 's word... because it was written by man, I can't take it for 100% truth. i'm sorry lord. :(

i was like that for a GOOD WHILE....still working on it...nuffin happens over night...so i mean it only goes as far as you want it to
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    i can understand that, and i'm not sure what it would take for you to move past that, because i don't know if u even want to move past that.....the whole thing about forgivness is that you have to first want to forgive a person, and if u have no desire to want to forgive them, then the healing can't really begin...

the whole thing is basically you're not ofrgiving a person for them, you're doing it for you, and your soul, for you to be able to let go of that hurt and pain...that's why it's so hard, cuz you're trying to let go of thhe pain they caused you....it really has little to do with making them feel anybetter.. this is something that starts on the inside...

and the reason i said have them pray for you is because if they truly believe in the power of prayer, regardless if ur a christian or not, them praying for you would still be beneficial to the entire situation..if they place you in their prayers, and they truly believe thier prayers will be answered...things change in that relationship..even if subtely...but again...it's a tough situation....and i truly hope and pray that u get through it....

i tihnk i know the situation ur talking about too from past posts...and i could only imagine going through that myself

Props Du and like I tell people that tell me what you have just told me Thank you.
  • Dupac
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Props Du and like I tell people that tell me what you have just told me Thank you.

no prob, but that' one of my bigges crtiques and complaints about the church, a lotta folk in church have no idea how to really try to help anyone or talk to people...they try to guilt trip people, and talk down to people, and just throw scriptures and bible stories and think that helps...

it really doesn't....

a huge problem with a lotta older folk, in a church and folk in church i general is they either never really lived "in the world" or they forgot what it was like to "live in the world"

you can't prepare someone for the enemy if you don't even let them now what the enemey looks like,..and u cant help someone with a problem if you don't even understand what the true problem is...

some folk get so caught up in saying
    "oh the devil jsut trying to kepe you down, you have to look the devil in the eye and sa devil you're a liar!!"

what does this devil look like??how did it come into your life??what has it done sine it's been there?? how do i stop it in the future??

the answeres to those questions aren't directly in any scriptures.. becaus the person you're trying to help isn't in those scriputres....the "devils" in each person's life are unique to that particular person, and to have any sucess at helping them you have to adress them for what they are and call them by their name....

i'll never argue with anyone that there are no wrong doings in the church....

but i will argue with ppl all day when they refuse or neglect to adress the real problems behind their issues with the church and it's people....

that's always been a pet peeve of mines...

i like adressing problems at it's core..not just on the surface
  • Dupac
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It amazes me cause under the Christian (or most religions) banner people judge and condem and condone. How can you be for something and not know what that something is yet make it the foundation of your jugdement?
    How can you fully believe in hearsay?
    The bible says no man is without sin. So Man interpret, translate and invented the bible without sin?
    I don't put Christians on a pedestal, I make my opinions based off the pedestal they choose to sit upon.
    judgemental people are judgemental people because that's who they are.. not because of their religious beliefs... you can't take a negative characterstic of a person and project it on their religion just because it's conveneient....

thats who they are...let them be a victim of thier own devices

the fact of the matter is that there are quite a few people who don't even know why they are christians in the first place...they either do it cuz they were born into it, or it's convinient to their purposes...there's not much education prior to thier decision...

i personally have been a christian all my life, and i can tell you that my education in the bible and in my faith has just begain recently in the past year or so... and i have a long way to go....

i've just began to start learning what it means to even be a christain, and i can honestly tell anyone i am still an infant in even barely grasping the entire concept...

but what i can say about one some of my learnings is that it a lot of the people you seem to be describing lack humility.....

and that alone is enough to lead me to believe they have a lot of growth to do with themselves as well....
  • Dupac
    edited September 2010
    Options
    1st off don't argue with me by making some good points ? !

2nd shut up

3rd lol
    lol, real talk...the reason why i will argue these things is beacuase of a wednesday night a few months back at my church....we have bible study those nights..and our pastor wanted us to do something different..and gave us a scripture to meditate over for like 30 mins, and wanted everyone to give a testimony of what that scripture meant to them personally....

and i sat there, read over it (don't aske me what scripture it is, cuz i forgot..i got it written down somewhere too) and when it finally came to me....i began talking and, and just got mad emotiaonal outta no where...
    basicaly the scripture was saying that when one begins to start following the the word, a change will come...

and my testimony was that i've already began to see that change in myself, and it's been overwhelming me....i started off about how i've been in the church my whole life... but i was just sitting there....never had i heard a sermon that really did anything for me, never had i've been to a service that really impacted my decisions outside my church, but i was always there every sunday, and when i finally decided to stop going when i was about 21-22....i didn't feel like i was missing out on anything at all...

but when i came back, and started reading more, and started learning more, and strarted trying to alter my lifestyle more....i felt it...i felt a real change, sermons started making sense....i started becoming excited abotu doing things in the church instead of a chore.. and things that i used to enjoy in my life that i knew were wrong, jsut don't do it for me no more.....

there was a time when i sat in church and felt like a stranger to everyone int here like i didn't belong, at those times in my life i felt more comfortable sitting out on the corner, or hangign out somewhere with a bunch of ? getting high, shooting dice n what not.. i felt liek that's where i belonged....

yet now it's almost the complete opposite...i went outside one saturday to hang around the way, and i felt like such a cornball.. i felt like i didn't belong out there no more, ifelt like i just stood out for no reason....basically my testimony was that while i'm still very young i the word, and i know i have a very very long road ahead of me... i can tell anyone who cares to listen that when u really start to make chnages in your life...and try to start aplying the word in more and more parts of it.....you do see a change and that change is real.....it may not bee 100% and right away... but when it's there... it's no denying it.. it's real....
  • FastTimes
    FastTimes Members Posts: 20
    edited September 2010
    Options
    IDK what i am. believe in a higher supernatural and that's it.
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I, like most, are hyprocits. Whose really following the word to a T these days? Most people use the word to best suit the situation their in. We get mad when so called real church folk talk down to us, and try to ram the gospel down our throats. We act like them thinking their better than us is their flaw cuz they are not to judge. Not accepting the fact that they are doing ? 's work, and we are being led astray by false teachers that have conditioned us to believing the way we have accepted are of ? 's but truly they are wicked ways.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think im big meech larry hoova