Why do so many of the new NY rappers have the Jadakiss and Fab disease?

Options
13»

Comments

• Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    I cant co sign this Hunger For More was better than Kiss The Game Goodbye and it's better than Padded Room too. But Padded Room had some deep tracks as well as some dope concept songs. Budden is a punchline rapper that def knows how to switch it up and actually make songs.

Am i the only one who wasnt impressed by hunger for more. i mean i thought it was ok. but not in the same league as other laudable g-unit releases like the documentary, straight out of cashville, or get rich?
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    another usuncl3tom thread trying to sound like he know what the ? he talking about by throwing ? under the bus. HOW IN THE ? CAN YOU CALL SOMEBODY OUT ON THEIR CONTENT AND JAY Z OLD ASS BEEN TALKING ABOUT THE SAME DRUG STORIES SINCE 1996? International Hov still talking about fiends and base GTFOH oreo. mods close this hate thread. step ya posts up house nigg.er
  • down2earth
    down2earth Members Posts: 953 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Good thread, although I don't think it's limited to just Jada and Fab. First off, all this drug kingpin talk is so ? played out it's ridiculous. That's one of the reasons that Nas is the GOAT in my eyes, because he spits about knowledge and elevation moreso then ? , busting his gat, moving weight, and being a don/? . All these NY dudes (and people from other regions too) talking about they moved all this weight, when the average person should know that they are bullshitting and trying to sound hard.

The guys that did move some weight are either in jail, getting out, or only moved a small amount and are crafting ducktales (jeezy/waka/TI/banks/yayo anyone?) . Second, a lot of NY cats want to spit a hot punchline every bar (Jada and Fab) and it just messes up the flow of the song. I don't need to say "wow ? wtf did he just say" after every bar, that ? is stupid and dudes look like asshats when they try so hard to do that on their songs.

Fab and Jada are too extremely dope artists, who ? features, but can't give you a solid album on their brightest day. Fab follows a formula on EVERY album and it sounds like ass (except for a few cuts) and Jada does the same thing except he inserts a few more gangsta songs in the mix. But it isn't just NY cats, they just started that ? off....most rappers now are doing that....hence why the rap game is so ? watered down and devoid of talent.
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    blackbloc wrote: »
    in ny ? want to be impressed by every line , they could care less about your flow. other region if you have e a hot 4 bars and good beat and a nice flow ok hook you other 28 bar can be ? but your be straight . that style has gotten many ny ? plat and has a bunch of mixtape artist from ny with more money then signed and up coming artist. ? . ? that style put nicki on , now everyone is on her ? .

And there we have it. /thread