Ayo All Hip-Hop Is Dead Cosigners Aka Nas Disciples I Got A Few Questions

Options
MrJR
MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Reason
1.Did you thought Hip Hop was dead before Nas said it?
2.Do you still think Hip Hop is dead?If not did Nas save it?
3.If Nas didn't save it who did?

01160.jpg
How could you say hip hop is dead?You mean to tell me the underground rappers you like wasn't putting out good ? either.Your type of Hip Hop might of been dead but to every other person who listen to other ? it wasn't.

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You're like a 'Disciple' making multiple threads about dude... LOL
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hip Hop Is Dead....Underground Pretty Much Dead Too With A Few Exceptions
  • MrJR
    edited August 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    You're like a 'Disciple' making multiple threads about dude... LOL

Lmao i dont want No beef just honest answers
  • MrJR
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hip Hop Is Dead....Underground Pretty Much Dead Too With A Few Exceptions

Who all you listen to from underground
  • onepunch
    onepunch Banned Users Posts: 2,420
    edited August 2010
    Options
    IMO, NAs wass refering to HIP HOP being dead as far as on a mainstream level...HIP HOP will always live in the underground, but their was a time when you could turn on 106 & Park and Busta Rhymes, Rakim, Nas, Wu, AZ, etc would have videos in heavcy rotation, not just the pop rap garbage being forced upon us today....
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yo son go work on ya pick n roll defense you use to score 30 but give up 30 lol
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i like to think mainstream hip hop still dead, in order to sell you must do lame records with topics that have been made a million times.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well, names weren't called... but feelings were caught *shrug*
  • Aquafinafloe
    Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i dont think its over..i tihnk people are just into a seriouse fab right now i also feel that the older ppl need to star realy supporting thier older artist instead of feeding into this nonsense going around....true our generation has not realy experienced what it was back in the day but it is still a possibility that can happen...it just takes a lil patience and understanding of these kids...my music has an old swagg to it and the kids love it!
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nas wasn't the first one to say that ? . And that album did nothin to make it better, aside from the conversations that the title sparked. But the whole "so and so killed hip hop" thing is stupid. Hip Hop is a culture, and a way of life. It's more than just music. But, I would say that respect for the artform of rap was on a decline for a minute.
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I couldn't get pass the 3rd word in the 1st sentence... real talk

aye lil ? learn some english comprehension skills b4 you talk down
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    HipHop goes in cycles. Hiphop isnt dead but the 80s and 90s are. Its an inevitability that hiphop will die for everyone eventually, at least listening to new material. Its just the nature of the genre. I'll be listening to the hiphop I grew up on for the rest of my life but eventually the new stuff will have an expiration date for me. Luckily I can still find some relatively new artists that ill support but to be honest I think ill be done with NEW hiphop music in about 5-6 yrs.
  • MrJR
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Brian B. wrote: »
    I couldn't get pass the 3rd word in the 1st sentence... real talk

aye lil ? learn some english comprehension skills b4 you talk down

Who's talking?
  • Brian B.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Miles HIGH wrote: »
    Nas wasn't the first one to say that ? . And that album did nothin to make it better, aside from the conversations that the title sparked. But the whole "so and so killed hip hop" thing is stupid. Hip Hop is a culture, and a way of life. It's more than just music. But, I would say that respect for the artform of rap was on a decline for a minute.

"where were you the day hip-hop died, is it too early too mourn, is it too late to ride"
    & I cant forget Killa ? from the Ville
  • Brian B.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    "did you thought.."

i still cant get pass this ? .. tooo funny
  • Aquafinafloe
    Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Chalee_Boi wrote: »

Here we go...lol Start at 1:00

that little boy would get slapped with one of my used tampons...real talk
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    seriously though...hip hop isnt dead its approaching an all time low to me....if you look at things from a commercial stand point check out these record sales of late...in the past maybe 3 years you probably had may 10 platinum cd's compare that to 10 years ago and its a huge difference.. I dont care how much people blame bootlegging that ? wouldnt make that big of a difference people arent into this ? like they used to be. in the 90's yo mtv raps was on every day besides the weekend i think and mtv jams played hip hop as well now if you watch tv all you have is like 2 shows playing the same ? ...now imo talent is at a low also but that would be subjective
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm about to close this thread soon, you're real obsessed right now. I didn't think hip hop was dead before Nas said it, nor did Nas really save it. If people actually listened to the album, he spoke on issues as to what possibly caused it's demise, such as the over saturation of the music itself, wack rappers getting more shine than talented rappers. However this got mis interpreted as a shot at southern rappers and cats like Luda and Jeezy caught feelings, but in the end it made people step up their games. Nas brought up the names of older forgotten rappers and gave us a history lesson on how hip hop began, and yes he told us who killed it and the answer is Nas himself and everybody else involved within the genre.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    onepunch wrote: »
    IMO, NAs wass refering to HIP HOP being dead as far as on a mainstream level...HIP HOP will always live in the underground, but their was a time when you could turn on 106 & Park and Busta Rhymes, Rakim, Nas, Wu, AZ, etc would have videos in heavcy rotation, not just the pop rap garbage being forced upon us today....

you a ? lie, ?
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    As far as mainstream I think it is dead. I could come home back in the day and watch a full episode of rap city. Not that every video was hot but most of it was. There is no balance. The radio plays the same 10 songs every hour and I'm not exaggerating.
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hopefully i'll get to say this before the lock.

But I think both the "Hip Hop is Dead", and "Best Rapper Alive" claims,
    effected the game more positively , then negatively.
  • rosskemp
    rosskemp Members Posts: 206
    edited August 2010
    Options
    you a ? lie, ?

they did, u see some utube vids with the mtv logo in the corner

• BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    rosskemp wrote: »

that's mtv
    nas, rakim and the wutang was not in no heavy rotation on 106 and park
    and really the only video busta had on there that was poppin like that was touch it
    which was some pop ?
  • Deckster
    Deckster Members Posts: 735 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    rosskemp wrote: »

mtv and 106 and 106 and park are way diff. ive recently seen semi underground dudes like big krit and currensy music videos on mtv, that ? would never happin on 106.....106 always been mainstream
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pass The Courvoisier, Give It To Me with Mariah Carey. He had some joints in heavy rotation on 106 and park.