Tech N9ne Says Lil Wayne Collabo Is In The Works, Thankful For Shoutout

Bcotton5
Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Reason
http://vibe.com/posts/tech-n9ne-says-lil-wayne-already-works-his-people-have-been-contacting-us

Earlier this month, Lil Wayne granted his first in-jail interview to Hot 97's DJ Funkmaster Flex in New York City. Wayne, who is roughly two months away from being released from Rikers Island prison spoke to the DJ live on air answering a variety of questions including what artists he would like to record with once he’s released.

To much surprise, Kansas City emcee Tech N9ne was at the top of that list alongside André 3000. Tech, who has released 10 albums and sold over a million copies independently was just as shocked as the rest of the world when he heard the news.

“I’m still surprised by what Wayne said—we’ve never meet him, so for him to acknowledge me was a shock," Tech N9ne told VIBE. "You think people of a certain stature don’t know about you. I just wonder what songs he listens to.”

Currently, N9ne is gearing up to head out on a nationwide tour with West Coast acts E-40, Jay Rock, Glasses Malone and his own Strange Music camp. However, he says that the wheels have already been put in motion to get the unlikely collaboration rolling.

“His people have been contacting us already, so I’m anxious to see what he sends me. I’m hearing his camp is all ready to send over some music,” Tech added. “And I’ll be in New York soon so hopefully I can visit him before he gets out.”

Remaining optimistic and humbled about the once in lifetime shout-out, the underground legend has high hopes for the potential outcome from working with such a high profile artist, “I just want to thank Wayne for even mentioning me. I’ve been following his career since he started. Just watching him evolve—he was always clever with the rhymes. My own quest was always to get my music out to everybody in world and working with Wayne is truly a way to get it out there.” —Mikey Fresh

Comments