2Pac's "All Eyez On Me" or Biggie's "Life After Death"

Options

Comments

• thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Wonda Why They Call U ?

is the realiest song, that ? still has meaning today....? broke it down why we call ? ? ...

and he dropped it in such a dope meaningful way
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I do have one question? Why are people saying "Life After Death" had more filler and should of been a single disc when it had less songs and less callabos than "All Eyes On Me"? Big album has the least filler out of any double album in rap history. It's also the shortest when it comes to song count and callbos.

AEOM - 132:10 (2 hours,12 minutes, 10 seconds)
    LAD - 109:12 (1 Hour, 49 Minutes, 12 seconds)
  • Bayish
    Bayish Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    AEOM all day. Like homie said theres always gonna be a coast biasd. I'm a West Coast ? til the casket drops! And that AEOM was just a summer album on the Westside that can't be touched! Biggie's album was dope though.
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Wonda Why They Call U ?

is the realiest song, that ? still has meaning today....? broke it down why we call ? ? ...

and he dropped it in such a dope meaningful way

yea thats a powerful song.I like how he ends it with an address to Ms Tucker lmao
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I do have one question? Why are people saying "Life After Death" had more filler and should of been a single disc when it had less songs and less callabos than "All Eyes On Me"? Big album has the least filler out of any double album in rap history. It's also the shortest when it comes to song count and callbos.

AEOM - 132:10 (2 hours,12 minutes, 10 seconds)
    LAD - 109:12 (1 Hour, 49 Minutes, 12 seconds)

what are your thoughts on the makaveli album?
  • Beast_Side
    Beast_Side Members Posts: 779
    edited September 2010
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »

this is why ?

Your comebacks are wack, ass eyes.

You probably listen to this ? the morning for motivation, don't you ass eyes?

• tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    A E O M all ? day. the undisputed best double album in rap history. LAD 2 albums cant ? with 1 of the AEOM tapes. u dudes are 90s crackbabies yall dont know the real impact this album had. AEOM was a certified hood classic. ? dont know the words to LAD but ? (real ? ) can quote AEOM word for word.
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Beast_Side wrote: »
    Your comebacks are wack, ass eyes.

You probably listen to this ? the morning for motivation, don't you ass eyes?

No but i got to listen to this song everyday
  • rapmastermind
    edited September 2010
    Options
    what are your thoughts on the makaveli album?

I personally think it's a Classic even though I've debated with people that said it was 4-4.5 Mics at best. I understand if someone doesn't feel it's a Classic but to me Pac is the only solo rapper with 3 Back To Back Classics. I loved the album mostly cause "Hail Mary" was so damn ill as well as "Live and Die in L.A. and Me and My Girlfriend". Yes both "Bomb 1st and Against all Odds" was hard to hear from someone who liked pretty much all the rappers he was dissin, lol. But Pac got at them. For most artist who make albums quick it doesn't work out well but for Pac it seems he was at his creative best when he worked on LP's very quickly. But Yes, I loved the album.

You won't really ever hear me say anything negative about Pac's 1st 5 LP's (Thug Life Also). His releases after death were mostly hit or miss though. Another thing I like about "Makaveli" is Pac did the opposite of "All Eyes On Me" in style and only had like 1 or 2 mainstream singles. My only negative like "AEOM" was it was still too callabo heavy. But it was also short and sweet with only 12 tracks. The album cover trips me out cause Pac is treated like the Jesus of Hip Hop so I guess it's fitting that was his last album cover cause he felt he was being crucified during his career. Also he had some serious ? to call out the Illuminati the way he did (? -Illuminati). So that album overall gets props from me.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    A E O M all ? day. the undisputed best double album in rap history. LAD 2 albums cant ? with 1 of the AEOM tapes. u dudes are 90s crackbabies yall dont know the real impact this album had. AEOM was a certified hood classic. ? dont know the words to LAD but ? (real ? ) can quote AEOM word for word.

Lol ? know the words and can quote aeom more then let's say "what's going on" by Marvin doesn't make it better.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm going lad it's more complete to me. You hvae to be a tupac dickrider if you can getthrough all 27 songs straight on aeom. Aeom has it's moments but I just don't dig the filler on the second disk. Lad has filler but not as much
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited September 2010
    Options
    gak7 wrote: »
    why do people still continue to make pac vs biggie polls when biggie keeps getting destroyed ?

face it..tupac destroys biggie in ever single way...

Explain to me how 2pac destroys big in every way
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    All eyez on Me.
  • jjswipe
    jjswipe Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    All eyez on me without a doubt. Life after death was bangin' too, but it's not close in my eye.
  • bankrupt baller
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I personally think it's a Classic even though I've debated with people that said it was 4-4.5 Mics at best. I understand if someone doesn't feel it's a Classic but to me Pac is the only solo rapper with 3 Back To Back Classics. I loved the album mostly cause "Hail Mary" was so damn ill as well as "Live and Die in L.A. and Me and My Girlfriend". Yes both "Bomb 1st and Against all Odds" was hard to hear from someone who liked pretty much all the rappers he was dissin, lol. But Pac got at them. For most artist who make albums quick it doesn't work out well but for Pac it seems he was at his creative best when he worked on LP's very quickly. But Yes, I loved the album.

You won't really ever hear me say anything negative about Pac's 1st 5 LP's (Thug Life Also). His releases after death were mostly hit or miss though. Another thing I like about "Makaveli" is Pac did the opposite of "All Eyes On Me" in style and only had like 1 or 2 mainstream singles. My only negative like "AEOM" was it was still too callabo heavy. But it was also short and sweet with only 12 tracks. The album cover trips me out cause Pac is treated like the Jesus of Hip Hop so I guess it's fitting that was his last album cover cause he felt he was being crucified during his career. Also he had some serious ? to call out the Illuminati the way he did (? -Illuminati). So that album overall gets props from me.

i always just though you hated pac,but know i see you dont and you just like biggie better.......respect!
  • bankrupt baller
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm going lad it's more complete to me. You hvae to be a tupac dickrider if you can getthrough all 27 songs straight on aeom. Aeom has it's moments but I just don't dig the filler on the second disk. Lad has filler but not as much

what fillers on the second disc? the second disc is ill to me........the only song that isnt good on both disc's is "whats ya phone #" and we all know that song is not targeting YOU or ME.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited September 2010
    Options
    what fillers on the second disc? the second disc is ill to me........the only song that isnt good on both disc's is "whats ya phone #" and we all know that song is not targeting YOU or ME.

If you forced yourself to like these cool. But I can't listen to this. Repetitive subject matter,
    Shorty wanna be a thug
    Holla at me
    when we ride
    what's yo phone #
    run the streets
    all eyez on me
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    jjswipe wrote: »
    All eyez on me without a doubt. Life after death was bangin' too, but it's not close in my eye.

Co-sign this one here

All Eyez On Me..
  • thesynthesis
    edited September 2010
    Options
    If you forced yourself to like these cool. But I can't listen to this. Repetitive subject matter,
    Shorty wanna be a thug
    Holla at me
    when we ride
    what's yo phone #
    run the streets
    all eyez on me

i used to bump Holla At Me 20 times ina row, that song went hard...

i cant ? with wats ya phone number though....that ? aint for me...

all dem other songs u listed got constant reply ...All Eyes On Me is on my ipod and the Run the Streetz with the GUY sample goes hard...Shorty Wannabe a Thug is some real ass ? ....the beat is dope as hell...kanyes version was wack

AEOM is a summer banger...if u living in rainy old NY den it not for u...
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Um... Ny is hot during the summer, it's like 100 degrees right now. But that's not the point
    I can't ? with AEOM, for the most part. It's a classic for what it represent, not for the actual content.

If you want classic PAC

Me Against The World is the cd
    i used to bump Holla At Me 20 times ina row, that song went hard...

i cant ? with wats ya phone number though....that ? aint for me...

all dem other songs u listed got constant reply ...All Eyes On Me is on my ipod and the Run the Streetz with the GUY sample goes hard...Shorty Wannabe a Thug is some real ass ? ....the beat is dope as hell...kanyes version was wack

AEOM is a summer banger...if u living in rainy old NY den it not for u...
  • rapmastermind
    edited September 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »

False, show me one Pac song where a crowd of 60,000 people rapped it word for word like people did for "Mo Money, Mo Problems"?. LOL @ 90's crackbabies. Most of the people that grew up on LAD and AEOM are 70's and 80's babies. People trying to downplay the popularity of LAD, it was #1 on the charts longer than AEOM and it's singles did better on the charts and it was certified Diamond 1st. I know facts hurt but the truth is the truth:

60,000 People: "B.I.G. P-O-P-P-A no info for D.E.A."
  • bankrupt baller
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Shorty wanna be a thug
    Holla at me
    when we ride
    what's yo phone #
    run the streets
    all eyez on me

lol at forcing myself......all eyez on me is ill as ? .......holla at me aired out big syke and was ill as ? .....shorty wanna be a thug is ill.......like i said everything on the album is good except a song that is not meant for you unless you have a ?
  • rapmastermind
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    wheres the both option
  • thesynthesis
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Um... Ny is hot during the summer, it's like 100 degrees right now. But that's not the point
    I can't ? with AEOM, for the most part. It's a classic for what it represent, not for the actual content.

If you want classic PAC

Me Against The World is the cd

with respect MATHW wasnt westcoasty like AEOM

which tells me you down with wescoast hip hop as much as ny hip hop

so you will not understand the summer vive of the album....MATW is a classic, but has a darker vibe...