edited September 2010
    Options
    Matw > aeom
    rtd > lad
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    False, show me one Pac song where a crowd of 60,000 people rapped it word for word like people did for "Mo Money, Mo Problems"?. LOL @ 90's crackbabies. Most of the people that grew up on LAD and AEOM are 70's and 80's babies. People trying to downplay the popularity of LAD, it was #1 on the charts longer than AEOM and it's singles did better on the charts and it was certified Diamond 1st. I know facts hurt but the truth is the truth:

60,000 People: "B.I.G. P-O-P-P-A no info for D.E.A."

pac never lived long enough to rock a crowd that size....and i'm sure if Pac lived long enough to do sell out tours all the crowd would rap along with his ?

here is a 60,000 crowd rockin Dear Mamma

if that ? was alive i'd be rappin along with Picture Me Rollin...

lol ? if Jay has played some upbeat song from Pac i.e how do u want it, ? wud be rappin...? played Hail maryy, the most weird song Pac recorded...instead of the songs from his biggest selling album
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    False, show me one Pac song where a crowd of 60,000 people rapped it word for word like people did for "Mo Money, Mo Problems"?. LOL @ 90's crackbabies. Most of the people that grew up on LAD and AEOM are 70's and 80's babies. People trying to downplay the popularity of LAD, it was #1 on the charts longer than AEOM and it's singles did better on the charts and it was certified Diamond 1st. I know facts hurt but the truth is the truth:

of course they screaming for biggie thats in NEW YORK ?
    check this then this is in boston (EAST COAST) Pac got a bigger reaction then biggie.
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Pac will always get the bigger reaction he is more popular...some of these young kids dont even heard Biggy album in 2010...

LAD is a classic but it did not age well....
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Pac will always get the bigger reaction he is more popular...some of these young kids dont even heard Biggy album in 2010...

LAD is a classic but it did not age well....

Pac is just popular in America he has a ? load of world wide fans.
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Life After Death by far. That album was damn near perfect and versatile as hell, show that Biggie got range. AEOM's disk one for the most part was ruined by singles oversaturated by tv and radio to the point I can't even listen to them no more. Disk 2 was average at best.
  • thecomebacklegend
    thecomebacklegend Members Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • kholla
    kholla Members Posts: 4
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Everyone is sleeping on Somebody gotta die...
    It is by far the deepest song on both albums. He wrote it at a time when everyone was begging him to go at PAC.
    It's a song set up easily to be about revenge and the get back but by the time it's over, it shows you that revenge isn't always what you think it is.
    That's a huge message in an industry where backing down is frowned upon.

From the start....
    He throws a shout out to Salt and Snoop disguised in clever word play.
    But the best moment for me is when you thinking about the format of the song.
    Here is big telling a story and in the story a character starts to tell a story to another character. This character is interrupted by some one and returns to telling the story.
    That complexity is something Pac could never handle in his rhymes. The ability to keep both stories clear and isolated takes a wordsmith, something Pac was not not matter how deep his lyrics and real his image was.

I also liked the premonition in the story where BIG goes...

See ? like you do ten year bids//
    Miss the ? they want and murder innocent kids//

Then...
    I screamed his name out. The 3/5ths nothing shorter...
    The ? turned around holding his daughter.

Shame on yah'll for missing all this. It makes me wonder what else you all missed.
    Go back and listen to that album. I know you still haven't heard all of it.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LOL @ ? still debating this ? on The Reason
  • qncymrtn
    qncymrtn Members Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Life After Death cause in my view, Biggie was more skillful throughout his double disc than Pac. Biggie took more chances by not limiting himself to one style. "All Eyes On Me" is a westcoast style album, that's it. You can't say the same for "LAD" which has styles from every single region including Westcoast, South and Midwest along with the East. "Life After Death" was also the better produced album. Biggie had Rza (Of Wu Tang), DJ Premier (Of Gangstarr), Kay Gee (Of Naughty By Nature) Easy Mo Bee, Havoc (Of Mobb Deep), Buckwild (of D.I.T.C), Chucky Thompson, Clark Kent, And the Hitmen (D.Dot, Stevie J, Diddy, Nashiem Mavrick and Carlos Brody). Where as "All Eyes On Me" was mostly produced by 2 people, Johnny J and Daz. Biggie had better callabos from Jay Z, Bone Thugs, Lil Kim, Too Short, The Lox, Ma$e and Puffy. As Well as RnB artist 112, R. Kelly, Faith and Carl Thomas. "AEOM" had Outlaws, Method Man and Redman, Dogg Pound, Dr. Dre, Snoop, E-40, Big Syke, Rappin 4 tay, V-bo, Napolian and singing from Roger Troutman, George Clinton, Nate Dogg, Danny Boy, Storm, Kci and JoJo, and Jewells. Pac's album was too callabo heavy and made the album feel more like a compliation.

Where "Life After Death" truely succeeds is Biggie was extremely versitle on the album. Storytelling, Club Tracks, Deep/Emotional/Spirital Tracks, ? Street Tracks, Beef tracks, RnB Tracks, Westcoast tracks, Midwest Tracks, Southern Tracks. I believe "All Eyes On Me" has the bangers no doubt but "LAD" had slightly more which is why it's replay value is very strong till this day. Also Lyrically and flow wise, Biggie shinned better. Again Both 5 Mics for sure but Biggie did it better, his album was more thoughtout and cohesive since it took 1 yr 1/2 to create it. It wasn't just something that was thrown together in the studio. Biggie's team treated the album like an Epic Motion Picture so each song really shines through. On the 24 track LP, the only songs that were average were "Another" but that was for the girls and they love that song as well as "Nasty Boy" another track for the ladies. "Playa Hater" was a joke so it can't be taken seriously. The Rest of the LP is damn near flawless. Pac had way to many callabos, Biggie gave you more solo songs.

I honestly cannot believe no one argued with you about this. Like for real this isn't a disrespectful argument because you made some valid points but really nobody. I know i'm late but I just saw this so just bear with me. Now the first thing I wanna say is the little Biggie had southern tracks on there, where? which song(s) I don't see them or hear them I'm from the south and still living in it and everyday i've got to hear it old and new so please tell me where you got the south from. Next with the midwest he didn't have tracks he had a track that's it so you can't say it had a midwest feel cuz in that case i'd go yo Pac had an eastcoast feel bcuz of I got my mind made up it's one track out 20 some songs no sir. Now you said biggie had a very versatile album I have to agree but so did All Eyez On Me this what you said it had Club Tracks: All About You, California Love; Deep/Emotional/Spiritual: This is 2Pac's domain this is his home nobody and I mean NOBODY has ever been better at this in the rap game Life Goes On, Only ? Can Judge Me, I Ain't Mad At Cha; ? : Ambtionz Az A Ridah, 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted, Tradin War Stories, Can't C Me, All Eyez On Me; Beef(really): Heartz Of Men, Holla At Me, When We Ride; R&B: you may not consider them as but I do How Do You Want It, Thug Passion, Ratha Be Ya ? , Run Tha Streetz; Storytelling: this is where you win because this is Biggie's domain he got it on telling a story can't nobody ? with him but Wonda Why They Call U ? is him telling a story no it is not as good as Somebody Got To Die but he had a track on there telling a story

Now with the whole oh he took his time and made it this and that, you say he threw something together it certainly was his best seller now to me when you throw something together you get stuff like Nastradamus(not dissing Nas) and alot of this southern ? I gotta hear and when you just rushing to get it out your flow sucks really but out of all the songs on AEOM none of 2Pac's lyrics sucked none of what 2Pac said idc about anybody else you don't believe me go back listen to all of what 2Pac says and tell me that line was garbage. You are the first person i've ever heard say this but you said it felt like a collabo, I mean yes he did have way more features than LAD just on one CD compared to his 2 discs but that was that man trying to show love and appreciation for his new family i'm with y'all so get on a track with me, that covers the Deathrow people now the Outlawz you know he was trying to help them out and give them exposure, E-40 they were friends before Deathrow idk some of the other ppl but i'm not counting any of the singers so yeah he had but that was just i'm out of jail I got this new album coming we cool hop on it with me. but honestly speaking i don't know why people have AEOM and LAD go head to head it was just like how Nas tried to go mainstream it was just something that was asked of him if you wanna have something go head to head put Makaveli on the table that album was 2Pac not a let's party kinda thing that to me would be a better argument because that album was versatile and you can't say it wasn't at all everything you said LAD had Makaveli had not the different sounds part of it but that Deep, party, beef, storytelling all of it and then it was done in 7 days and the lyrics was done in 3 ? make that idk how so make that ask people that. Once again srry for the lateness but I mean nobody challenged you, who does that
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I see pac stays winnin
  • qncymrtn
    qncymrtn Members Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    Options

No ? but you seem like you would present me a challenge with this debating some people know of Biggie but don't know him can't fully defend him but here's my argument and chill with that 90's ? babies that's me lol

Let's just with that AEOM & LAD came out on Jan 1st of the year they came out, you said certified diamond 1st that's 10 million copies and it got the certification 00, it came out 97 that's 97,98,99,00 that's 4 years to get to 10 million. AEOM came out in 96 it was certified 9x platinum, that's 9 million copies, in 98 that's 96,97,98 that's 3 years to get to 9 million. So where Biggie had an extra year to get his diamond status 2Pac was cut short one year to make it. Now I can't live in the what if world because idk if he woulda made diamond status if it would have that extra year but with how popular that album is I don't doubt it. Now if you wanna say well they didn't come out on the 1st find their dates and you will see that Biggie still had more time. And I mean damn that's so close and find out how many each has sold to this date. I mean this doesn't mean anything but when I bought AEOM it was $22.99 LAD was $17.99 now they both are classics so you would think they would be in the same price area

oh and I forgot you said show you a crowd of 60,000 people rapping one of his songs word for word, well I can't do that, I really don't know if a video like that exists, but what I can do is tell you at a Mobb Deep concert in NEW YORK at the height of the East Coast/West Coast beef fans were screaming out Makaveli. Look it up
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'll take LAD. Both are classics but I find myself skipping more songs on AEOM than LAD.
  • 404slim
    404slim Members Posts: 62
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I gotta go with LAD on this one. And I am a bigger Pac fan than I am Biggie, but I listened to both of them. Dudes still trying to make another LAD. That album was really the blueprint to this music today. Cats these days just don't balance the party and street sides of their album. Somebody gotta die, Ten ? Commandments was street hits, Mo money, ? you tonight, were pop hits. You could really let LAD play all the way thru without skipping a track. I couldn't do that with AEOM. If you really look at it ? have stolen biggie whole lyrical content and concepts from that album. Just ask Ross
  • GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Bad comparison. All Eyes On Me was that ? and it blew that out of the water. Ready To Die versus Makivelle(sp?) is a better one.