Money or My Soul

TrueGodHS
TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in Roc Tha Mic
They say that life's a ? , but there's something about death/ she's the only thing I seek, help separate me from this flesh/ supreme intellect/ it seems that I've obtained a higher knowledge of life, where my dreams intersect/ then my means interject/ I aint here to kick no dumb ? or brotherly bars/ ? I need cash, not no big chains or luxury cars/ fighters for freedom, is that we suddenly are/ I sought wisdom through the NOI, scriptures of Muhammad/ but couldn't speak to Allah, or paint a picture full of promise/ hello, good morning, you may be seated/ at least for the time being, then you may get greeted/ by some Christians wanting blood for the murder of Jesus/ or some atheists who think that praising ? is egregious/ ? , am I alive, please check my pulse/ they spoke of oil spills and wells, ? check the gulf/ it's just tar and some magna, ? check the coast/ they screaming welcome to hell, you need someone to check the coats?/ I learned the lessons, while they stopping to scramble/ here to graffiti the white house with bullets, I've been watching with vandals/ still clutching onto pistols, keep the glock and the handle/ the devil is everywhere, even in Proctor and Gamble/ what up.... back at it, dismantle your plans faster/ you tried to keep up, but ? done ran past ya/ planes in the sky, most of them will land after/ they get the signal on where to drop the bombs from Grand Masters/ ? watch closely, I'm trying to stay sharp/ satellites that bring afterlife, I'm watching out for HAARP/ ? asked me about personal ? / said ? the Masons, what's going on with your life, dawg are you working and ? ?/ naw, I'm struggling, dealing with irreversible ? / I spoke to ? , but he wasn't up on no merciful ? / he said beware, you know that it's evil lurking and ? / are you a conspiracy theorist, naw dawg, I'm certain of ? / told him, I just want some money, nice house, I think that's practical/ I just a wife, a couple kids, I think that's rational/ you see those getting blessed, think the Lord is always passing you/ can't sleep at night, because you think somebody's after you/ then you realize that your pride is trying to battle you/ here to be a man, but every little thing just rattles you/ I lost my first child, then I lost my mind/ it won't even go away, it always cross my mind/ it's like the ? is just a nightmare that wouldn't end/ so I watch her stomach and just wonder what coulda been/ I had a second of reflection/ and I thought, that we'll work through this setback, and I'll be her protection/ now it's just the getback, the come up, and progression/ play Dominic Cobb, and switch a dream at its Inception/ but that's life, no way to change perception/ though at times I tend to think I'm on the brink of such perfection/ then I'm struck by reality/ ? technicalities/ I'm walking through the City of ? / with no vests, no guns, no pity for squads/ I dare a ? bust a shot at me/ or try to make a mockery/ I done been through hell and back, but now it aint no stopping me/ full blown pessismist/ trying to be optimistic, though I can't stop to kick it, with the ? that I'm repping with/ this ? belongs to True ? , whether HS or I'm solo/ with the name written right across the bible as the logo/ this is me, this is he, I guess you need to be advised/ that I'm caught within this spell, where plans aren't easily devised/ but I aint here to live forever, so if I was to even die/ I'll go out aiming at lasers at the all seeing eye/ muthafuckas

Comments

• major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    freemason post
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Read rules 3-4 of the RTM Rules thread before I'm forced to close this.
  • Tha Killa
    edited September 2010
    I'ma let that slide this time, but the next time you drop links, your feed'll have to be better than that. I'm tryin' to encourage people to critique each other's ? and help each other get better. "Props bruh" ain't really good enough.
  • Aquafinafloe
    Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
    edited September 2010
    ayo that was fucki filthy baby on some real ? mayne ? wat errybody else is sayin about the rules an ish i loved that off tops!!! you come off like a very very intelligent open minded person whom is aware of everything however you dont fall for everything i can tell that u actualy been there and done it you havent turnd into one of those "i hate ? freaks" that shows that you have a very loyal persona about yourself and you know what is real...your lyrical grammer was not to off the wall tryna be all smart and ish it was jsut perfect for the concept it is realy important for people to understand what you are trying to relay in your message and u made it suteable for ppl that dont know big fancy words yet versatile enough for big word people to respect..i would keep on writtin sweety and if u ever want to do a collab then hit me up in a pam! i wouldnt mind doin one wit you...game reconize game and a boss reconize a boss ;)
  • TrueGodHS
    edited September 2010
    ayo that was fucki filthy baby on some real ? mayne ? wat errybody else is sayin about the rules an ish i loved that off tops!!! you come off like a very very intelligent open minded person whom is aware of everything however you dont fall for everything i can tell that u actualy been there and done it you havent turnd into one of those "i hate ? freaks" that shows that you have a very loyal persona about yourself and you know what is real...your lyrical grammer was not to off the wall tryna be all smart and ish it was jsut perfect for the concept it is realy important for people to understand what you are trying to relay in your message and u made it suteable for ppl that dont know big fancy words yet versatile enough for big word people to respect..i would keep on writtin sweety and if u ever want to do a collab then hit me up in a pam! i wouldnt mind doin one wit you...game reconize game and a boss reconize a boss ;)

THanks for the props
  • Deeluxe
    Deeluxe Members Posts: 12
    edited September 2010
    I am open minded when it comes to music, hell we all should be. I also feel like I am very smart, and have a great use and understanding of words in general. I really pay attention to songs or raps that make me have to research to learn what the hell you are talking about. Big props on that. Also the writing was done so that i could find the flow by reading it, i feel as if I have an understanding of how it would sound. I havent went to your soundclick or other pages and heard what you and HS sound like which I assume is the group. But just based off this written i hope you sound as good as it is written. My ipod is short on real talent and am always looking for new playlists. Nice work
  • Deeluxe
    Deeluxe Members Posts: 12
    edited September 2010
    Oh ? i dont know if swearing is allowed but the 3rd eye freestyle is sic man. Much respect and journey is dope too. Man step up your production as far as recording and mixing, you should be out already fam.
  • Legend24
    Legend24 Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Nicely done man... you on that real ? , which I like. You're a solid writer and for the most part, it flowed well but the rhyme schemes and complexity of the bars were a bit simple.

This was one of the lines that stood out to me:
    ? , am I alive, please check my pulse/ they spoke of oil spills and wells, ? check the gulf/ it's just tar and some magna, ? check the coast/ they screaming welcome to hell, you need someone to check the coats?

Keep it up.
  • TrueGodHS
    edited September 2010
    Damn I appreciate all the props my brothers and sisters... I would love if people could spread the word on the music for real man, its tough getting out there to represent that real ?
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    great verse. kinda reminds me of somethin i've written before. i wanna hear how that'd sound over a beat. dope lyrics though keep it up.
  • Tha Killa
    edited September 2010
    TrueGodHS wrote: »
    Damn I appreciate all the props my brothers and sisters... I would love if people could spread the word on the music for real man, its tough getting out there to represent that real ?

I'll give you feed in a minute, but you're gonna need to start givin' better feedback before I start lockin' your ? . I don't mean to be a ? , but that "I ? wit' this bruh" ? ain't what's hot in '10.
  • TrueGodHS
    edited September 2010
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    I'll give you feed in a minute, but you're gonna need to start givin' better feedback before I start lockin' your ? . I don't mean to be a ? , but that "I ? wit' this bruh" ? ain't what's hot in '10.

I hear you man, but I take time out of my day to read a ? ? and most of the time, my feedback is simple.. ? want two or three paragraphs. I read it, I like it, I give simple props.... I dont really dissect ? verses too heavily unless they my own
  • OGMoneyFOE
    OGMoneyFOE Members Posts: 21
    edited October 2010
    I like it mayne. I reminds me of my song "Chasin' a dream" just with more vocabulary. Real nice drop I just wish U would've set up the structure a let better so it would be easyer to read.