Who's The Bigger Legend...Bret Hart or The Undertaker?

Options
2pacnbiggie
2pacnbiggie Members Posts: 263 ✭✭
edited December 2010 in Off The Turn Buckle
now maybe around 98-2000 i would have easily said Bret but as i was watchin the 900th raw and was thinkin about the old bret vs taker classics it got me wondering who do most people feel is the bigger legend...

Bret did his things, formed the new hart foundation, wrestled without injurying anybody a world wide attraction, people would almost call him the michael jackson of wwe lol... fought with a lot of bigger guys aand successfully defended his title (diesel, yoko etc) and im probably a bigger bret fan....but Takers resume is f**kin undeniable....and hes still wrestling puting on dope matches (hbk vs taker 1 and 2 at wrestlemania)....STILL undefeated at Wrestlemania a feat that nobody else has done and much more classic feuds and its shaping up to be another legendary feud with kane again

but i just wanted to hear what other people think whos the bigger legend as of right now

Comments

• Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    while bret is my personal fav, I'd have to say 'taker- he's still active and his streak is still unbroken
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Character wise its the undertaker but actually wrestling its bret.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Undertaker........
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • TdotGoHARD87
    TdotGoHARD87 Members Posts: 782 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    bret was one of my favs growin up, but taker is a g in the game. maybe if bret's career didnt get cut short the convo would be different
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i think bret was a better wrestler but takers been doing it longer and always seems relevant in wwe. im taking the deadman
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options

this......
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    this......

basically...
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • DUWD
    DUWD Members Posts: 6
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The Hitman! Found a great recent interview with him to http://video.msg.com/Home/Bret-Hitman-Hart-Interview-9-24
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Taker is my personal favourite, but I would say Brett as he did it without a gimmick.
  • destro1
    destro1 Members Posts: 622 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I;m going with the Undertaker as he has more variety in his ring work....plus hart punches suck
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    taker, he still puttin on...
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I hate the way the WWE uses Bret Hart nowadays.
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i hate the way the wwe uses bret hart nowadays.

your not the only one
  • TaylorGang™
    TaylorGang™ Members Posts: 88
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • eljay7i
    eljay7i Members Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

Agreed 100%
  • jbeezy205
    jbeezy205 Members Posts: 41
    edited December 2010
    Options
    taker by far cuz bret hart had/has very little charisma and each one of undertaker's gimmicks were entertaining
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Taker has arguably the best wrestling gimmick of all time, but Bret Hart has the GOAT ring skills

you can (very credibly) argue that Flair ring skills are nicer than Bret's, but Ric always had a set formula for all his matches. Bret could adapt to anyone's style. That's why he was being real when he said he could've given Hogan his GOAT title match.
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited December 2010
    Options
    swiffness! wrote: »
    taker has arguably the best wrestling gimmick of all time, but bret hart has the goat ring skills

you can (very credibly) argue that flair ring skills are nicer than bret's, but ric always had a set formula for all his matches. Bret could adapt to anyone's style. That's why he was being real when he said he could've given hogan his goat title match.

this..........
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    People actually think Bret was the better 'wrestler' than Taker???

Did Bret walk across the top rope like a circus freak (7 foot circus freak)
    Did Bret ever dive over the top rope with no hands like a circus freak (7 foot circus freak)
    the Sharpshooter is a classic move, but I can name about 10 other wrestlers who use it
    I can't think of anyone who busted out with anything close to the "Hell's Gate" submission

they keep pushin Taker to the limits and he gets injured every other week... but he comes bacc
    u can call the Deadman ? a gimmic but if you really think about it, its not far from the truth
    when the WWE knoccs Taker down he always sits right bacc up........

I always thought Bret was slow and boring compared to wrestlers like Owen and Shawn Michaels
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    People actually think Bret was the better 'wrestler' than Taker???

Did Bret walk across the top rope like a circus freak (7 foot circus freak)
    Did Bret ever dive over the top rope with no hands like a circus freak (7 foot circus freak)
    the Sharpshooter is a classic move, but I can name about 10 other wrestlers who use it
    I can't think of anyone who busted out with anything close to the "Hell's Gate" submission

they keep pushin Taker to the limits and he gets injured every other week... but he comes bacc
    u can call the Deadman ? a gimmic but if you really think about it, its not far from the truth
    when the WWE knoccs Taker down he always sits right bacc up........

I always thought Bret was slow and boring compared to wrestlers like Owen and Shawn Michaels

man how u gonna argue about Biggie v. Pac when you never listened to Ready to Die? go watch that man's ***** matches w/ Bulldog, Owen, & Stone Cold and then talk to me

smh @ you actin like other wrestlers don't use the ? Tombstone Piledriver. Sharpshooter is a classic move because its nostalgic to people who remember the great Bret Hart's masterpieces, ? .

wrestling's all about gimmicks and Taker's got the church bell and the lights dropping. That ish is GOAT as far as ring entrances
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So cuz Bret wasn't a better athete he wasnt technically the best wrestler you have ever seen during the WWF era? This is b4 96 when we got spoiled with Benoit Eddie, Malenko, Jericho, Kanyon, Saturn, Rey, Ultimo Dragon and so on in WCW, there was Bret applying basically the same technical proficiency basically inventing the wheel so to speak, and while he did have great matches with Owen and HBk who were underrated he also carried Piper at WM 9 I believe, VIRGIL of all people, great matches with Bulldog esp for the IC belt in 92 in England, Great matches with Mr. perfect (so you forgo thow Bret applied the sharpshooter from teh ground facing down on the mat?), The Mountie (ya who he?), Stone cold at that WM 13, carried Taker Yoko and even Papa Shango.. oh ya carried Ric Flair when he beat Flair for the title i believe and Flair wasnt even that great technically to be honest, in fact minus the mic skills Flair was severly overrated and oversold waaay too much, but hey thats why dumb southerners loved Flair in the first place. ? he even had a great "story" versus Nash whenNash "felt" bad for Bret allowing Bret to get the slick small package victory after dominating bret for almost the whole match. Just being the realest dude on here.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    man how u gonna argue about Biggie v. Pac when you never listened to Ready to Die? go watch that man's ***** matches w/ Bulldog, Owen, & Stone Cold and then talk to me

smh @ you actin like other wrestlers don't use the ? Tombstone Piledriver. Sharpshooter is a classic move because its nostalgic to people who remember the great Bret Hart's masterpieces, ? .

wrestling's all about gimmicks and Taker's got the church bell and the lights dropping. That ish is GOAT as far as ring entrances

I've seen most of Brets matches
    I never mentioned the tombstone, alot of wrestlers use the tombstone piledriver but its not Takers ONLY finisher
    damn near every wrestler has used the sharpshooter or spike piledriver
    I'm not tryin to take anything from Bret... I'm jus sayin that I chose Taker