Official legion of doom mixtape thread

Options

Comments

• GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm down.. feeling inspired again... Hit me with brainiac...

Grundy I tried to send you a PM but I'm not sure it went thru... at any rate... since most cats in the forum don't know or remember me, here a sample of what I've been up to lately

http://www.divshare.com/download/12745802-f3e

Peace

-Aone
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    here's how the roster is lookin' so far:
    me (solomon grundy),
    gorilla grodd (drematic),
    brainiac (swiffness),
    captain cold (money mob),
    sinestro (prime minister),
    riddler (southern gent)

stilll open are.....
    bizarro
    toyman
    black mantis
    also, here's a few more DC villians that I think would fit into the concept......
    Darkseid
    Doomsday
    Prof. Zoom (reverse Flash)
    The Joker
    Black Adam
    Deathstroke
    Mr. Mxyzptlk
    General Zod
    Parasite
    Ra's al Ghul
    Two-Face

our next step should be agreeing on a feasible time-line for this. obviously everybody has their own real-life obligations, but hopefully we can squirrel away a little time to cook up some ? for this tape. whole songs or beats: remember this is OUR showcase, so rep your skill how you feel it should be repped. I think we can all have at least 2-3 submissions done in a reasonable amount of time. you cats chime in on how long it would take you to finish 3 tracks and feel comfortable with them. once again, if you would like sound bytes for your character, let me know - I've got a few for the main roster and can probably find some for any additional characters. anybody dope with the photoshop can contribute any artwork as well - I plan on whipping up something as well. LEGION OF DOOM ASSEMBLE!!!!! (yeh, corny, right? LMAO)
  • The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Cooking ? ...

default.jpg
    Options
    i dunno who these people are so.. black mantis
  • money mob
    money mob Members Posts: 420
    edited October 2010
    Options
    All I know the artwork on the mixtape cover needs to be CRAZY!

We need to lobby for some graphic volunteers in one of those Graphic Arts forums like ILLTEK to throw around some creative ideas once we are done with the songs.

**just throwing some suggestions around**
  • money mob
    edited October 2010
    Options
    scotty b wrote: »
    i dunno who these people are so.. black mantis

Black Manta used to be "Melodic Psyche".

I remember because he had this ill beat he posted with the Black Manta soundbites in there.

The beat was crazy!
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Imma roll with Ra's al Ghul
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo Members Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    money mob wrote: »
    Black Manta used to be "Melodic Psyche".

I remember because he had this ill beat he posted with the Black Manta soundbites in there.

The beat was crazy!

That beat was by me....I need to get my Melodic Psyche name back!!! lol...

I thought that mixtape was put together..One of the beats I submitted a dude name Hona rhymed on it. I still got the song....I gotta get back on my beat making grind...I'm still down for the mixtape
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Mr Popo wrote: »
    That beat was by me....I need to get my Melodic Psyche name back!!! lol...

I thought that mixtape was put together..One of the beats I submitted a dude name Hona rhymed on it. I still got the song....I gotta get back on my beat making grind...I'm still down for the mixtape
    wassup bruh!!!! get down with tha' get down, mayne - I got a joint from last time with Hona as well; we might as well use 'em, ya' know?
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    idea....just throwing this out here, but every producer could have like a "theme music" skit of some sort, to like introduce themselves..i dont know, im bored.
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2010
    Options
    tonys. wrote: »
    idea....just throwing this out here, but every producer could have like a "theme music" skit of some sort, to like introduce themselves..i dont know, im bored.
    thats a good idea

a theme intro. or something
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    thats a good idea

a theme intro. or something

exactly, i dont know how we would sequence it in there...and i dont know if this is more of an instrumental type joint or tracks with people on em, I guess Grundy would have to clarify that.
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    tonys. wrote: »
    exactly, i dont know how we would sequence it in there...and i dont know if this is more of an instrumental type joint or tracks with people on em, I guess Grundy would have to clarify that.

it would be good if er'body included at least one "self-themed" track based on the character they've chosen using either the snippets, or whatever else based on their character. I think it'll be a good idea to do either beats or full songs - it seems like trying to do songs last time became a hang-up. I'm pm'ing snippets out to y'all now......excuse me, I was down a few days 'cuz the a/c went out at the crib and its been hot as-a-? in here, but I'm back up and runnin'..........grodd, money, and swiffness - if you need them snippets again, holla' at me
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    here's how the roster is lookin' so far:
    me (solomon grundy),
    gorilla grodd (drematic),
    brainiac (swiffness),
    captain cold (money mob),
    sinestro (prime minister),
    riddler (southern gent)
    KGBeast (Tony S.)
    scarecrow (wake n bake)
    black manta (scotty b)

stilll open are.....
    bizarro
    toyman
    also, here's a few more DC villians that I think would fit into the concept......
    Darkseid
    Doomsday
    Prof. Zoom (reverse Flash)
    The Joker
    Black Adam
    Deathstroke
    Mr. Mxyzptlk
    General Zod
    Parasite
    Ra's al Ghul
    Two-Face

roster up-date!!!!!
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i need a character

somebody raw
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    i just got a new midi controller and audio technica headphones

count me in

how would you like to be "toy-mayne"?
    2rmwbqs.jpg
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i need a character

somebody raw

you can be "bizarro"; just think of superman as an "east-coast" sampling beat-maker - you would be the opposite of that......
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    why do i have to look like a jester?

lmao - that's just how the character is from the show - he specialized in having weapons that looked like toys, like explosive yo-yo's and remote-controlled airplanes wit' bombs in 'em, and ? like dat......you don't have to be him if you don't wanna' - just a suggestion
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • money mob
    edited October 2010
    Options
    '..........grodd, money, and swiffness - if you need them snippets again, holla' at me

I got them joints chopped up and ready to go!
  • money mob
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Whats good with the format?

When are we actually putting the product together?

I got some heat that Im looking to get placements but I wanna go hard on this project asap.

Lets get this thing outlined!
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Looks like we got about 10-11 participants. Everybody drop at least 2 songs/beats, with at least 1 "themed" imstrumental track (reppin' your legion character of choice using the snippets). Each track should have some sort of personal earmark for your own visibility (like what name you go by, your crew, or whatever....). Let's limit the # of submissions to four per producer. It wouldn't be a bad idea for a few of us to do some "beat collabos", so if you've got ideas for a mash-up, pm that person and get it crackin'. I'd like some feedback on how much time everyone will need - I got plenty of ? ready to go, and I'm sure a few others are on point as well. We should be able to wrap this up by thanksgiving (roughly a month) - that includes artwork. I'm gonna put together some visual ideas, and whoever else is handy with the visuals, get to it - we can include as much as we want, but we need a definite piece for the cover. I'm going to try my damnedest to get a plug on the AHH front page for this. You cats with blogs and websites, get ready to advertise/post links for this as well. As we get closer, make sure you have whatever contact info, etc. available to add to the project. This will be included as a notepad or "nfo" file. Y'all can also include any personal pics, etc. related to your production persona as well, so keep that in mind. I'll make a separate thread if you would like to post your submissions for preview, critique, or whatever since it's mostly just us roamin' around in here.
  • money mob
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thats what Im talkin about!

Excellent!
  • The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What's up with verses?
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR