From sample....to song

Options
TheSouthrnGent
TheSouthrnGent Members Posts: 37
edited October 2010 in Fresh Produce
What it do Fresh Produce.....S. Gee here.

Long time member but feel like I'm back for the 1st time around here.

But I wanted you guys to check out a short video collage I've made of some of my tracks that basically explain the title...how they go from sample to song.....

Feedback is always welcomed & appreciated..........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keQnZfCslp4

Comments

• Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    good to see an old face around.....cool video too, beats is phat of course, we might have to throw some samples back and forth, you got a nice ear, sampled some smooth joints in there. that ewf! i been wantin to sample that for so long, but havent thought of a good way, your ? is slamming, u gotta get somebody on that ? , and that isley track, damn, adn the rocky joint was took to another level nice ass choice of drums on all the tracks too, much respect my dude.
  • TheSouthrnGent
    edited September 2010
    Options
    tonys. wrote: »
    good to see an old face around.....cool video too, beats is phat of course, we might have to throw some samples back and forth, you got a nice ear, sampled some smooth joints in there. that ewf! i been wantin to sample that for so long, but havent thought of a good way, your ? is slamming, u gotta get somebody on that ? , and that isley track, damn, adn the rocky joint was took to another level nice ass choice of drums on all the tracks too, much respect my dude.

Yo preciate that fam....I'm always down for what I call the Swap Meet...LoL (trading samples)

I sat on that E.W.F. for a while myself, but once I sat down & chopped it, it just flowed. I actually put that one and the Isleys flip in the Andre 3000 track dump on PMP Worldwide. Hoping I get some feedback from his camp.

I got 2 dope azz homegirls who are sick with the samples as well. Send me a link where I can hear some of your tracks as well my nig. Always looking for AND to support ya digg?
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    oooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!!! that EWF joint is sick as ? !!!!! pure dope, my dude!!!
  • TheSouthrnGent
    edited September 2010
    Options
    oooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!!! that EWF joint is sick as ? !!!!! pure dope, my dude!!!

Maaaaaaan.......preciate that my nig.

And thanks for that drop in my inbox. I'm gonna get started on some material this week.
  • scotty b
    scotty b Members Posts: 216
    edited September 2010
    Options
    whats the second sample with dude rapping over it.. same song as first but different part?
  • TheSouthrnGent
    edited September 2010
    Options
    scotty b wrote: »
    whats the second sample with dude rapping over it.. same song as first but different part?

Yes it is....
  • money mob
    money mob Members Posts: 420
    edited October 2010
    Options
    oooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!!! That ewf joint is sick as ? !!!!! Pure dope, my dude!!!

cosign what he said!

Cool vid, bro!
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Word you goin' in hard on these joints... Good work fam. I love how you're killin these samples!
  • TheSouthrnGent
    edited October 2010
    Options
    aone415 wrote: »
    Word you goin' in hard on these joints... Good work fam. I love how you're killin these samples!

Preciate that fam