Chris Matthews: I almost forgot Obama was black...

Options
playmaker88
playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in The Social Lounge
I ? with Chris Matthews.. he doesn't come off as a closeted bigot but...

Are you ? kidding me... what the ? is Post-Racial. Ive been hearing this the last year. I'll tell you what the ? it is; its a damn illusion.. its a convienient label that basically says get over it... dont talk about it. you made it! you overcame!... No more fighting, No more rocking the boat. It's not new to me but coming from a man so smart and fair handed it was a stupid thing to say.. Oh and he forgot that he was black.. what the hell is that supposed to mean.?(I guess when the overexposed picture of blackness in rappers ie.. lil wayne and others you skew what your expectation level is for what black is and whats not.) Anyway, he will get burned at the stake for his comments today.. Rush will say something off color.. i mean RACISTS..

Matthews did try to explain himself it was just plain stupid.. There is no such thing as post racial.. and you cant forget a black man is black

Comments

• longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol @ i almost forgot he was black. i'm hoping in a good 50-100 years from now ? will be diff in this country.
  • playmaker88
    edited January 2010
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »
    lol @ i almost forgot he was black. i'm hoping in a good 50-100 years from now ? will be diff in this country.

Thats what people said 300 years ago.. its changed a bit but.. how much has it really.
  • PapaJuice
    PapaJuice Banned Users Posts: 435
    edited January 2010
    Options
    people should stop giving a ? about stupid ?
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That light-skinned ? didn't use ? dialect and I was confused. So I forgot he was a ? . My Bad
  • longmeat
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thats what people said 300 years ago.. its changed a bit but.. how much has it really.

huh? it's changed a bit? ? are you serious or you just using a lot of hyperbole to prove a point? 3-400 years ago it was illegal for a ? to even be able to read. much less run and win the presidency. ? my generation is the 1st generation alive to not be born in a society where we're regulated to 2nd class citizens. We're the post civil rights generation, so we've had a leg up on everyone before us. so in 50-100 years all the old racist ? that were alive during jim crow would be dead, they're children that they passed they're ? ideologies onto would be dead , and they're grand children (the 1st generation where it's now looked on poorly to be racist) will be elderly and have and their kids and grandkids hopefully will live in a society where those old ideologies are diminished.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I knew what he meant but I cupped my forehead when he said it LOL I was like, "No Chris...dont do it Chris ......ahhh ? he just said that ? didnt he..." Then I shook my head and waited for the fall out LOL

He meant that before when Obama spoke it was clear that "hey there is a black man running the country now...OH ? ." Tonight the country was so engaged and so eager to hear what the president would say they forgot all about the race issue (IN HIS EYES).

BUt what it came across as was...WOW THE NI99ER SPEAKS SO WELL I FORGOT HE WAS BLACK!!! lmao

The fact that this attitude comes from a liberal and a leftist should let you know how whites in general feel about blacks deep down. Was it racist? KINDA. Was it meant to be? NO. Do I think Chris is a racist at heart? NO. But all whites are at least a little racist even if they dont realize it. Sometimes that ? just slips out. Its good for black people to hear these things especially from so called "good white folk."
  • playmaker88
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I knew what he meant but I cupped my forehead when he said it LOL I was like, "No Chris...dont do it Chris ......ahhh ? he just said that ? didnt he..." Then I shook my head and waited for the fall out LOL

He meant that before when Obama spoke it was clear that "hey there is a black man running the country now...OH ? ." Tonight the country was so engaged and so eager to hear what the president would say they forgot all about the race issue (IN HIS EYES).

BUt what it came across as was...WOW THE NI99ER SPEAKS SO WELL I FORGOT HE WAS BLACK!!! lmao

The fact that this attitude comes from a liberal and a leftist should let you know how whites in general feel about blacks deep down. Was it racist? KINDA. Was it meant to be? NO. Do I think Chris is a racist at heart? NO. But all whites are at least a little racist even if they dont realize it. Sometimes that ? just slips out. Its good for black people to hear these things especially from so called "good white folk."

Agreed. Racism/ignorance is not married to a particular party or ideology.. people get ? twisted. The main difference is that liberals tolerate us.(Put up with grudingly accept in part) on the other side of the coin there is no pulling punches about there distain for people of color

@Longmeat.. comprehend much.. People were hoping ie the slaves and true abolitionist.. that the counrty would be different no that really hard to comprehend.. that they hoped for a day that we take for granted today.. i guess i should have spelled it out.. but it really wasnt rocket science.
  • longmeat
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Agreed.

@Longmeat.. comprehend much.. People were hoping ie the slaves and true abolitionist.. that the counrty would be different no that really hard to comprehend.. that they hoped for a day that we take for granted today.. i guess i should have spelled it out.. but it really wasnt rocket sciences\

son, look at your reply to me saying" in 50-100 years things will be different." you said they was saying the same thing back then (which is true, they were looking forward to things being better). then you said it changed a bit, but how much has it really (which is where I asked were you using hyperbole). now if by "how much has it really" you're referring to the fact that back then, as people are doing now, people were hoping for progress and for things to be better; then yeah you're right. people will always look to make progress. but if you meant things are pretty much the same now as they are 300 years ago, then you're just speaking out your ass.

I'll ask you this question, in comparison to 300 years ago (when the US was just a few english colonies), what in regards to racism, is the same now as they were back then?
  • perspective@100
    edited January 2010
    Options

Thats deep. I dont agree, but deep.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options

MEGA CO-SIGN
    Agreed. Racism/ignorance is not married to a particular party or ideology.. people get ? twisted. The main difference is that liberals tolerate us.(Put up with grudingly accept in part) on the other side of the coin there is no pulling punches about there distain for people of color

Yea, basically.

I'll admit: watching a black man do the "Everyone on the President's ? " walk to the podium wasn't as "Wow" as I thought it'd be 2 years ago.
  • playmaker88
    edited January 2010
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »

I'll ask you this question, in comparison to 300 years ago (when the US was just a few english colonies), what in regards to racism, is the same now as they were back then?

The legislation has changed.. but the hearts and minds havent came as far as the laws. Its blatantly obvious things arent the same back then .. No one said it was the same. thats just rediculous.
  • mosdu
    mosdu Members Posts: 11
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Chris has been one of the Prez most solid supporters.
    With that said he just white, he cant help it. its internal.
    when i would check my roomate in iraq for sayin somethin, they would be like, y he always MAD
    lol.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You guys are looking way to far into this presidency which is illusive anyway. Plus you're making the mistake of taking anything that comes out of your TV mindfuck mechanism seriously. The media is so desperately trying to whip their slaves back because these ? know their back is up against the walls now. People are waking up by the ? load and they realise this. The propaganda is at an all time high now to the point where it's nearly blatantly obvious. You'd have to be a mental reject in order to further be inspired by the nonsense coming out of these racists' mouths.

There is no place for a non-white, especially if you're black, in this ? structure unless you are 100% selling out to help fulfill their agenda while accepting your role as a pet.... and by selling out I mean taking money/selling you soul etc.... in order to help them exploit anyone non-white. If you're planning on "taking over" this same system as black people... you will BECOME THE ENEMY!

Obama was placed in office purposely for two reasons... 1) to pacify the ? out of any black conscious movements or anyone attempting to wake up so they will "sit back" and feel like they've accomplished something... and 2) To put all the built up ? in the hands of a "Black Leader" so he is the one that looks bad when ? hits the fan and they attempt to scare everyone into agreeing to this "One World Government" ? , therefore making Black people look like they can't do anything right. You all think Obama is going to "save us" somehow with more job or cheaper gas etc.... you're fooling yourself. There's one agenda and one agenda only.... and it has been in effect since the Christian crusades. No puppet commander in Chief is going to stop this agenda, and if he tries.... just remember what they did to JFK.
  • playmaker88
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ok....................
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    1) to pacify the ? out of any black conscious movements or anyone attempting to wake up so they will "sit back" and feel like they've accomplished something...
    what were all these "black conscious movements" requiring pacification?
  • Chike
    edited January 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    what were all these "black conscious movements" requiring pacification?

People in general starting to wake up. Basically think of Obama as a snooze button on an alarm clock. I dunno the name of all the black movements, sorry, but generally I meant black people all together. It also gives white people a reason to go ahead and continue exploiting people so they can point the finger and say... "You can't complain anymore, We have a Black President!"
  • redclay
    redclay Members Posts: 9
    edited January 2010
    Options

I think the same thing about blacks.
  • perspective@100
    edited January 2010
    Options
    redclay wrote: »
    I think the same thing about blacks.

It amazes me how you people say words like all or that race in general when you have only met such a tiny percentage of people in general. Some people are so color blind you woulnd't beleive it. There was a time I had this mindset, then I started meeting people from all walks of life and realized it was me with the problem. Open your eyes, everyone does not have this issue. You all grew up in a ? society. Change your own behavior and how you view things.
  • thespookwhosatbythed
    thespookwhosatbythed Banned Users Posts: 164
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dwhites always gonna be racist. that in their nature. like little buddy said on malcom x, "have you ever met a GOOD white person?" and my answer is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
  • playmaker88
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Smh i hate pseudo black power ass mofos.When they dont know what the hell they are talking about. ... and to boot they ? white girls.. if that aint some ? .
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    it was a joke......
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    People in general starting to wake up.
    well, on that score i guess we just don't agree
  • Chike
    edited January 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    well, on that score i guess we just don't agree

Alright...
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That light-skinned ? didn't use ? dialect and I was confused. So I forgot he was a ? . My Bad

basicliy.............
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options

The fact that this attitude comes from a liberal and a leftist should let you know how whites in general feel about blacks deep down. Was it racist? KINDA. Was it meant to be? NO. Do I think Chris is a racist at heart? NO. But all whites are at least a little racist even if they dont realize it. Sometimes that ? just slips out. Its good for black people to hear these things especially from so called "good white folk.
    "

i was trynna explain this to some white chick.............alot of them(white people) r in Denial whne it comes to race..........They mean well but sometimes they jsut come off worng, esp when U havent grown up around alot of black people in ur life...........it is wat it is with white Folks..........SOmetimes they dont know any better, and u gotta educate them.............Thats 1 of the reason y i dont like hear white folk say the word "? ".........they say ? and they dont undersatnd y