how dominant was wrestling in the 90s??

TheBoyRo
TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in Off The Turn Buckle
The most-viewed professional wrestling match ever took place on the May 10, 1999 edition of WWF Raw. A six-man tag match featuring HHH & Undertaker & Shane McMahon vs. Austin & Rock & Vince McMahon, with a returning Shawn Michaels as the referee, drew a 9.2 cable rating.

smh that a whole RAW show not can barely do one third of that match in ratings

Comments

• Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    9.2? gotdamnnnnnnn
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    they sable back then and sable had some nice tittaysssssssssssssss

IF MARYSE WAS AROUND BACK THEN THEY WOULDA DID A 11.2
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    It's either more shows are on tv or people finding other things to do. Ever since 1998, I've damn near watched Raw every week.
  • TheBoyRo
    edited September 2010
    It's either more shows are on tv or people finding other things to do. Ever since 1998, I've damn near watched Raw every week.

that too, theres more ? to watch now, and ive been watching raw and/or nitro since 1994, even though raw hasnt been that great the last few years, i feel weird not watching it
  • TheBoyRo
    edited September 2010
    As reported on Tuesday, this week's RAW did a 2.75 rating with 3.8 million viewers. Not only was this the lowest rating for an episode of the show in two years, it was also the lowest audience number for a non-holiday edition of RAW in more than 12 years.

To put things even more into perspective, this week had the lowest non-holiday Monday night wrestling viewership in the United States since 1995. It's scary to think that a Steve Austin vs. Undertaker match in 1999 drew 11 million viewers AGAINST WCW Nitro that had several million viewers of their own.

nodq.com
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    wwf wants some fans this is what they need to do

show ? again
    show blood
    ? ?
    and have good story lines not these 2weeks ? and its over at the ppv
  • Miami6
    Miami6 Confirm Email Posts: 1,290
    edited September 2010
    too many reality shows have taken over....
  • real ness
    real ness Members Posts: 263
    edited September 2010
    blood aint neccesary. think about these wrestlers wellbeing and quality of life, stitches err month, wreckin their hearts with pain pills, before you need to satisfy your need for seeing blood. accidents is accidents but mufuckas would be showin blood for no random reason like wtf......"you mean the triangle choke can be applied without dudes coughin up blood like its been done everytime since?" smh
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Raw got wack as ? when The Rock, Stone Cold, Old Chris Jericho left. It doesn't excite JEFF AXEL like it used to
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    wwf wants some fans this is what they need to do

show ? again
    show blood
    ? ?
    and have good story lines not these 2weeks ? and its over at the ppv
    stop having these dumb azzz guest host

added the bolded to the list
  • Glock_Koma
    Glock_Koma Members Posts: 35
    edited September 2010
    10830371881.gif

• dalyricalbandit
    edited September 2010
    real ness wrote: »
    blood aint neccesary. Think about these wrestlers wellbeing and quality of life, stitches err month, wreckin their hearts with pain pills, before you need to satisfy your need for seeing blood. Accidents is accidents but mufuckas would be showin blood for no random reason like wtf......"you mean the triangle choke can be applied without dudes coughin up blood like its been done everytime since?" smh

you dont need real blood
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited September 2010
    darkone360 wrote: »
    added the bolded to the list

good one..
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    i think what killed wrestling was 3 things..

1.nobody likes these wreslters now a days..all i see is kids wreslting when i used to wacth there daddys, and none of them have the skill in the ring or on the mic as old school 90's wrestling

2.the internet kills everything from music to wrestling.there really wasnt no way to get spoliers for taped shows back in the 90s.if you missed raw or nitro u was ? ..now u can go tp a website like justin.tv and wacth a stream of it or wait until the replay on the late nite..

3..wwe hasnt had competion in about 10 yrs..they do what ever they wont and still make money hand over fist...and no tna is not even close to what wcw was.plus they cater to lil kids now with this pg 13 ? ..
    back in the 90s they had storylines of wrestlers having sex with dead woman, compared to this garbage
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Lack of Competition killed WWE.

Wrestling was at its most popular when WWF/WCW fued was going on.

UFC has also hurt WWE a little bit IMO, it just looks like a joke compared to MMA.

They failed to create new stars. John Cena is probably the most popular new guy. I dont even know the rest of these new jacks names. All of them just scream jabroni to me. LOL@Miz.

Edge and Jericho are lame, wannabe rock star ? . The Hardys are as ? as it gets.
  • Vsemkoma
    Vsemkoma Members Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    Did anyone see it last night? I didnt see much of it, but how about the group on those treadmills? That was pretty hot.... what was some of the best and worst in your opinion?