White Portland woman makes up story of acid being thrown on her face..smh

Hyde Parke
Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
(CBS/AP) Bethany Storro, The Portland woman who claimed that an unknown black woman threw acid in her face, yesterday admitted she'd made up the story.

What she can't explain is why she - an attractive woman with a new job - would cause herself horrific pain by searing her face, irreparably, with a substance as caustic as hydrochloric or sulfuric acid.

There could be several answers, says Dr. Samuelle Klein-Von Reiche, a psychologist in private practice in Manhattan.

"One theory is that it could be for the same reasons that some people cut themselves - to take charge of negative emotions, to feeling something more than numbness, to grant release from psychic pain," says Klein-Von Reiche.

Yet permanent disfigurement is extreme for those in the cutting category, isn't it?

Another theory, says Klein-Von Reiche, is that Storro views herself "as a victim and is reenacting some physical or psychological trauma."

But why did she tell police her assailant was black?

Klein-Von Reiche says that the fact that she said it was a black woman is "fascinating."

"Of course it could imply racial issues," she says, "But, she says, it might also have been her unconscious way of saying that she did it herself - black could represent the dark side of herself over which she has little control."

And there's another theory. Paradoxically, Bethany Storro could be a big narcissist.

"We shouldn't minimize the fact that she got enormous notoriety from this," says Klein-Von Reiche, and any sort of attention, positive or negative, is gold for an extreme narcissist.

"At its roots, narcissism is voracious."

white folks is crazy.

Comments

• Hyde Parke
    edited September 2010
    and the ignorance of the psychologist is just as crazy.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    When in doubt blame a ni99er.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Heard about this on the news, this is crazy. It's obvious she has a mental problem, I wanna see what the situation is with her though.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Hyde Parke wrote: »

"Of course it could imply racial issues," she says, "But, she says, it might also have been her unconscious way of saying that she did it herself - black could represent the dark side of herself over which she has little control."

white folks is crazy.

WHAAAAATTTT!!!!! Did they really just say that!!!!?????????? Please post the link!!!!
  • Hyde Parke
    edited September 2010
    Chike wrote: »
    WHAAAAATTTT!!!!! Did they really just say that!!!!?????????? Please post the link!!!!

yup... http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20016813-10391704.html

here are the before & after pics...

aADadasDE231234_370x278.jpg
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010

It didn't mean black as in skin tone.

It meant black as in her dark side, her suppressed side, her evil side.
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited September 2010
    swallowing cyanide should have done a better job.
  • Chike
    edited September 2010
    It didn't mean black as in skin tone.

It meant black as in her dark side, her suppressed side, her evil side.

Bro.. are you really trying to defend that? Seriously.. come on, man... She identified the culprit as a Black male... as in a Black man like yourself. Now she is connect the two with Dark/Evil/Suppressed. What's the opposite of that? A white male? If you were to identify your Light/Good/Courageous side, would you make up a phoney description with a White Man? I can't believe even you just tried to justify this ? ... un-believable.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    wtf?? did she do the ? that literally melts your eyes shut and whatnot? if so, Epic Fail of the Year
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Bro.. are you really trying to defend that? Seriously.. come on, man... She identified the culprit as a Black male... as in a Black man like yourself. Now she is connect the two with Dark/Evil/Suppressed. What's the opposite of that? A white male? If you were to identify your Light/Good/Courageous side, would you make up a phoney description with a White Man? I can't believe even you just tried to justify this ? ... un-believable.

Lol, I was talking about the part that was quoted. That did describe a darker side, which would have been the altered side.

As for the whole story she's a crazy racist ? . But just that part described something else. I could have left it be, but something about gettin you and step riled up is funny.
  • Hyde Parke
    edited September 2010
    Lol, I was talking about the part that was quoted. That did describe a darker side, which would have been the altered side.

and that is understood when it stands by itself, the problem is when you correlate that with or associate it with the reason..its clearly suggesting that black or dark, is evil and and uncontrollable..read that article again, you cant
    deny this.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    and that is understood when it stands by itself, the problem is when you correlate that with or associate it with the reason..its clearly suggesting that black or dark, is evil and and uncontrollable..read that article again, you cant
    deny this.
    I could have left it be, but something about gettin you and step riled up is funny.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Chike
    edited September 2010

As for the whole story she's a crazy racist ? . But just that part described something else. I could have left it be, but something about gettin you and step riled up is funny.

3517jvp.gif

Sure, whatever you say bro
  • Hyde Parke
    edited September 2010
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

why would that be funny tho? its just a discussion .you seem to be falling away from the topic to deflect or something.
  • Hyde Parke
    edited September 2010
    that black woman she accused could have easily been your wife.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    why would that be funny tho? its just a discussion .you seem to be falling away from the topic to deflect or something.

It's funny to me to see people get riled up. If I in anyway shape or form say something pro-white at any time im a house ? on here instantly, so i might as well have fun with it.

Now as for the thread, I have nothing to say.

She's racist, and has mental issues. It's already been said. Nothing more than that about it to me.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    3517jvp.gif

Sure, whatever you say bro

kevthumb.gif

My ? ...
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    that black woman she accused could have easily been your wife.

Yes it could have been, but unlike everyone else here I do think more times than not a jury reaches the right verdict. I will put my faith into the system, if that fails, then I take matters into my own hands.

Don't trust anyone in life, it's easy at that.
  • Hyde Parke
    edited September 2010
    Yes it could have been, but unlike everyone else here I do think more times than not a jury reaches the right verdict. I will put my faith into the system, if that fails, then I take matters into my own hands.

Don't trust anyone in life, it's easy at that.

Chozen, you need to get down more of whats going on outside of your thought process..Everyone else does not think differently from you as you seem to believe..There is nothing wrong with you having a cheery optimistic outlook but it also needs to be balanced with reality..to often we dont really care about things or take them seriously until it affects us personally, and by that time, it is usually to late. There are many people caught up in the system by circumstances just like this. Collectively, as a whole, we sometimes carry a nonchalant attitude towards it, because it is not us in the situation. It is something seriously wrong with this woman, if charges are filed against her, everything is already in place to suggest she wont face any jail time, maybe only some medical help. imo, there is something very wrong with that.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Everyone bares the burden of their falsehoods in one manner another. Most get the opportunity to hide theirs' in the closet of their mind and maybe forget about them for a while. Her, not so much.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Chozen, you need to get down more of whats going on outside of your thought process..Everyone else does not think differently from you as you seem to believe..There is nothing wrong with you having a cheery optimistic outlook but it also needs to be balanced with reality..to often we dont really care about things or take them seriously until it affects us personally, and by that time, it is usually to late. There are many people caught up in the system by circumstances just like this. Collectively, as a whole, we sometimes carry a nonchalant attitude towards it, because it is not us in the situation. It is something seriously wrong with this woman, if charges are filed against her, everything is already in place to suggest she wont face any jail time, maybe only some medical help. imo, there is something very wrong with that.

Never said everyone thinks differently. There are a shitload of people who think similarly to me. There are just a few you get upset anytime I say I don't buy their ? .

And I do balance it with reality, unless it's a thread where I quote certain people and make a wack statement or certain people posted before me, I'll speak my mind truthfully on something.

And yes there are people caught in the system, but like I said
    more times than not a jury gets it right

As for personally, I have had a lot of ? in my past I could use to go against my beliefs, but I don't because through what I seen by traveling and intermingling with other people from all walks of life I see that what I was taught as a young'n is ? and people are just like me, we all vary in different ways, but just because his skins white, or her eyes are slanted, has nothing to do with their personality and thoughts.

And no I don't think she should face jailtime. Jail does nothing but make people worst in the real world, burn up tax payers dollars, and used as a sophisticated form of modern day slavery in some cases. Send her to a mental hospital, if they can't fix her problems.... ? the ? . I don't believe in paying money to feed and house someone who's rotting away (no pun intended)
  • Hyde Parke
    edited September 2010
    Yes it could have been, but unlike everyone else here I do think more times than not a jury reaches the right verdict.

^^^^^
    Chozen-Never said everyone thinks differently.

And no I don't think she should face jailtime. Jail does nothing but make people worst in the real world, burn up tax payers dollars, and used as a sophisticated form of modern day slavery in some cases. Send her to a mental hospital, if they can't fix her problems.... ? the ? . I don't believe in paying money to feed and house someone who's rotting away (no pun intended)

thats faulty thinking, and also a contradiction in you earlier saying you put your faith in the justice system. as just as surely if she had specifically pointed out her alleged attacker, they most certainly would have been facing jail time..

but on the rest, i hear you out, i have my beliefs as we all do, but i dont cling to them rigidly for more reasons of seeing the danger of doing so.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    ^^^^^
    Chozen-Never said everyone thinks differently.
    Directed specifically at Chike lol

How some use the

"When I say cracka or white devils I only refer to a few"
    Well when I say "Everyone else on here" I refer to Chike.
    thats faulty thinking, as just as surely if she had specifically pointed out her alleged attacker, they most certainly would have been facing jail time..

but on the rest, i hear you out, i have my beliefs as we all do, but i dont cling to them rigidly for more reasons of seeing the danger of doing so.

Okay but where is the "culprit" guaranteed jail time? I seen nothing in there about someone being automatically guilty. They don't just take a case and slam guilty on it because someone says someone did something. They become a suspect, but an investigation is completed.

As now you see people getting released every day after retrials because of faulty evidence, non-existant evidence, or tampering. So spare me the well the accused was black so.. ? .

And for my real beliefs on ? you don't have a clue, I know how to separate want of truth from danger. It's just y'all can't separate fear of separate thought from danger so you combine the two.
  • Chike
    edited September 2010

How some use the

When have I ever called them cracka? And When have I called you a house ? simply for disagreeing with me? lol Get over yourself, bro... You slipped up and now you're pretending that you were just joking or trying to get rise out of me? Sad...

50smh.gif
  • Hyde Parke
    edited September 2010

How some use the

wow.ok
    Okay but where is the "culprit" guaranteed jail time? I seen nothing in there about someone being automatically guilty. They don't just take a case and slam guilty on it because someone says someone did something. They become a suspect, but an investigation is completed.

Its called making a false report, and it is a chargeable offense, and can carry jailtime.. there does not need to be a suspect. she admitted to her crime. How much investigation is needed for that?
    As now you see people getting released every day after retrials because of faulty evidence, non-existant evidence, or tampering. So spare me the well the accused was black so.. ? .

lol, are you gettig riled up? hey im just challenging you on what you think it is you believe in and stand for, and imo, under close scrutiny, your logic is kinda shakey.
    And for my real beliefs on ? you don't have a clue, I know how to separate want of truth from danger. It's just y'all can't separate fear of separate thought from danger so you combine the two.

If you say so, you think you know how others think, but how can that be correct, if you are stuck in your own beliefs, admittedly. Fear is an emotion we all posses, no matter how negative you try to make it sound. I dont see where any fear has been demonstrated in this thread, maybe that just stems from your own perception..