When do newbie gains stop?

shadb33
shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Weight Room
I've been lifting since June and gained a lot of muscle mass/shape. I was thinkin about cutting for 2 months, get leaner before I bulk for another 4 months. But I dont want to miss out on any accelerated gains that I could still be getting.

Comments

• headrek1
    headrek1 Members Posts: 121
    edited September 2010
    You've just started working out and are talking about cutting and bulking? Or just started bodybuilding?
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    headrek1 wrote: »
    You've just started working out and are talking about cutting and bulking? Or just started bodybuilding?

I'm confused on wat u askin.....I started lifting weights in june.....I'm thinkin bout cutting for 2 months to get my bf back to 10 percent before it gets outta control...I like the size I'm at now muscle wise...I just wanna get my arms a little bigger
  • headrek1
    headrek1 Members Posts: 121
    edited October 2010
    shadb33 wrote: »
    I'm confused on wat u askin.....I started lifting weights in june.....I'm thinkin bout cutting for 2 months to get my bf back to 10 percent before it gets outta control...I like the size I'm at now muscle wise...I just wanna get my arms a little bigger

I was asking if you were just starting to workout in general. Bulking and Cutting are bodybuilding terms, and those are the phases they go throught between shows. If you were just starting to workout in general, I was wondering why you were bothering with the bulking and cutting?

I guess I was just taken back, by the fact that you don't hear guys who are just starting to lift talk about bulking and cutting. But you seem to know whats up more power to you. If you want bigger arms don't overtrain your biceps, I guess thats the only advice I really have.

If you look at the definition of the word bicep, it means there are only two places where the muscle attaches, your triceps attach to three points in the arm. Make sure you do more tricep work than bicep work. Its counter iintuitive, most guys work their biceps to no end, but your Trics are the bigger muscles in your arm, work them out harder than your bi's. Other than that i unno.