Men's fashion fall 2010

Options
Purr
Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in Fashion Forward
I've been searching blogs and stumbled upon young black men displaying new fashion trends for fall 2010; which is a mixture of 60-70's vintage prep look. I hope this inspire some of you guys to think outside the box when it comes to fashion. Or to interpret these styles into your own mix.

Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say and not giving a damn.
Gore Vidal

drew.jpg

house2.jpg

house3.jpg

I'll be doing hip hop looks next week :)

Comments

• Purr
    edited September 2010
    Options
    house5.jpg

ph3.jpg

ph001.jpg

ph8.jpg

Fashion is only the attempt to realize art in living forms and social intercourse.
    Francis Bacon
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Mannnnnnnn.. Sit cho ass down with this b.s. Here... ? rockin xtra small skinny jeans.. I highwater socks.. Dont no real black men wear no ? like dat
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Mannnnnnnn.. Sit cho ass down with this b.s. Here... ? rockin xtra small skinny jeans.. I highwater socks.. Dont no real black men wear no ? like dat

HAHAHAHAHAH...I thought this was bout to be a serious thread. I know Charlie playin. U playin right Charlie? :(

This fall I'm rockin my usual blue jeans/Timberlands/white T combo. Real manly ? , classic.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Glad i dont do fashion.. they look like the first ? in that Arkansas.. school back in the day... ? ot of here.. with that frankie lymon ?
  • Purr
    edited September 2010
    Options

smh. this is fashion an every revolving culture that control our every being with different trends. there is no such thing as a real/unreal black man.
    these men have a lean body type; so they would look silly in baggy clothes; which would make them look weighed down,shorter, and uneven looking.
    plus, you can remix these looks with your own personal style for work, business meeting, networking event, and etc. This is giving you another OUTLOOK on the current trend for Fall 2010.
    shadb33 wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAH...I thought this was bout to be a serious thread. I know Charlie playin. U playin right Charlie? :( This fall I'm rockin my usual blue jeans/Timberlands/white T combo. Real manly ? , classic.

this thread was made to inspire a new look instead of the usual uniform of: timbs,white t, and blue jeans. As, I stated prior in the first post: I hope this inspire some of you guys to think outside the box when it comes to fashion. Or to interpret these styles into your own mix.
    Glad i dont do fashion.. they look like the first ? in that Arkansas.. school back in the day... ? ot of here.. with that frankie lymon ?

As I stated prior this is the new fashion trends for fall 2010; which is a mixture of 60-70's vintage prep look.

you dont have to dress EXACTLY likes these men; I just wanted to show a different point of view of men fashion that can be taking to the office to happy hour for a casual meeting.
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Or to interpret these styles into your own mix.

This is SOOOO key. A lot of times people see a look and dismiss it right away without seeing the bigger picture (until jay or ye does it of course). They think.."oh that's not me". it's about taking pieces inspired by current trends and making them your OWN.

**side bar I'm loving men in combat boots right now. such a throw back to the 90's hip hop men i lusted for back then

ryan-leslie-essence-6.jpg

David-Levesque.jpg
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    im all for fashion and a devoted GQ/Esquire reader but them ? look ? as ? . u can have fashion w/o looking like a hip hop ? .
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    everything posted in this thread is nasty and ? looking.

trust me. british dudes are very metro, and ive been told i post some pretty ? looking fashion. but i cant c/s anything in this thread. with the exception of these 2.

David-Levesque.jpg
    house2.jpg
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    My body type isn't anywhere near that of the ? in the t/s's pics. I can't get with the skinny jeans ? AT ALL. But I do give you a thumbs up for trying to get ? to think outside of the box.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Tha Killer wrote: »
    My body type isn't anywhere near that of the ? in the t/s's pics. I can't get with the skinny jeans ? AT ALL. But I do give you a thumbs up for trying to get ? to think outside of the box.

Outside the box inside the Powder Room
  • nikolageorgiev
    nikolageorgiev Members Posts: 15
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ph8.jpg
    Nice shoes, nice shirt, nice tie... but where he contains his most valuable parts of the body? ;)
  • Ladiesman
    Ladiesman Members Posts: 741
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Moreno.S wrote: »
    everything posted in this thread is nasty and ? looking.

trust me. british dudes are very metro, and ive been told i post some pretty ? looking fashion. but i cant c/s anything in this thread. with the exception of these 2.

David-Levesque.jpg
    house2.jpg

Dats coz the US and UK style is very different, UK and European style has always been ahead of the US, the whole way Kanye dressing and Kid Cudi is all European influenced
  • Ladiesman
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I've been searching blogs and stumbled upon young black men displaying new fashion trends for fall 2010; which is a mixture of 60-70's vintage prep look. I hope this inspire some of you guys to think outside the box when it comes to fashion. Or to interpret these styles into your own mix.

Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say and not giving a damn.
    Gore Vidal

drew.jpg

house2.jpg

house3.jpg

When it comes to fashion I always fink outside the box and like to mix it up, but these guys dressing ? as ? damn
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ladiesman wrote: »
    Dats coz the US and UK style is very different, UK and European style has always been ahead of the US, the whole way Kanye dressing and Kid Cudi is all European influenced

Just cause it's different doesn't mean it's ahead. And Kid Cudi walkin around in kilts, ? ? ? . Kanye look wack as hell when he gets his UK on. All these cats doing too much.

kanye-west-entourage-fashion-week-paris.jpg
  • Ladiesman
    edited September 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    Just cause it's different doesn't mean it's ahead. And Kid Cudi walkin around in kilts, ? ? ? . Kanye look wack as hell when he gets his UK on. All these cats doing too much.

kanye-west-entourage-fashion-week-paris.jpg

Wats getting his UK on and wat the ? wiv tthat pic, guys in the UK don`t dress like dat unless you in a ? area which I expect Kanye was, plus I like wat Kanye wearing in dis pic, i`m not sure bout the rest of dem, dey making my eyes hurt
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    it is ahead.
    in a couple years more and more people there will be dressing just like we are know.
    you dont have to accept it. but it is what it is. we are trendsetters. end off.

and cs. no one here would were anything in that pic, 'cept kanye's outfit. the rest is just too ? extra.
  • Purr
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I beleive that fashion isnt the propaganda of the homosexuality agenda and you all can take that somewhere else.
    Fashion is an art that people are able to express outwardly; there were MASCULINE black men back in the 50-60's wearing the same style of garments.
    I am not going to allow any homosexual bashing in this thread at all because this isnt something that people are used too. It is called being ignorant.

For prime example of these styles being fit into someone's personal aesthetic to make it modern: Pusha T (who isnt ? by the way)

pusha-t-wireimage-17395967.jpg
  • Ladiesman
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Moreno.S wrote: »
    it is ahead.
    in a couple years more and more people there will be dressing just like we are know.
    you dont have to accept it. but it is what it is. we are trendsetters. end off.

and cs. no one here would were anything in that pic, 'cept kanye's outfit. the rest is just too ? extra.

I co-sign this
  • Ladiesman
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I beleive that fashion isnt the propaganda of the homosexuality agenda and you all can take that somewhere else.
    Fashion is an art that people are able to express outwardly; there were MASCULINE black men back in the 50-60's wearing the same style of garments.
    I am not going to allow any homosexual bashing in this thread at all because this isnt something that people are used too. It is called being ignorant.

For prime example of these styles being fit into someone's personal aesthetic to make it modern: Pusha T

pusha-t-wireimage-17395967.jpg

I understand what you are saying, i wear what I like but there a line and dem dudes in the Kanye pic went stright past it
  • Purr
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ladiesman wrote: »
    I understand what you are saying, i wear what I like but there a line and dem dudes in the Kanye pic went stright past it

I can see where youre coming from. However the photo with kanye and the other guys; youre able to take those elements from what they are wearing and create your own look.
    Fashion isnt really about imitating it is about evolving. How can you evolve from this look to your personal style? This thread was made to inspire.

house01.jpg
  • Ladiesman
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I can see where youre coming from. However the photo with kanye and the other guys; youre able to take those elements from what they are wearing and create your own look.
    Fashion isnt really about imitating it is about evolving. How can you evolve from this look to your personal style? This thread was made to inspire.

house01.jpg

I understand what you saying
  • About$
    About$ Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Anything NEW that works for large men with 53inch chests? 18"+ necks etc?

I wish I could pull off some of what i've seen. i'll stick to my button-downs and polo's... meh it's sooo vanilla but it's classic.
  • desi
    desi Members Posts: 374
    edited September 2010
    Options
    David-Levesque.jpg[/QUOTE]

Thats a nice coat, ive been trying to find one like it.

Ayo, wat are some nice perfumes?
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    bah... most of the ? I've seen looks extra femme.

can't ? with none of this ? .
  • shelly5overholt
    shelly5overholt Members Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Hey I like all the jackets specially the Red and Black.