900 lb, 13-foot Alligtor (captured/killed)

Options

Comments

• tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Photoshopped.....

Nope...thats realll......did an epsiode on it on MOnster Quest
  • Based GAWD
    Based GAWD Members Posts: 1,168
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yea she thick but I'm afraid to have my thang round all them teef
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    Nope...thats realll......did an epsiode on it on MOnster Quest

Yea I looked it up after the Illustrator said something.

There was another one a while back that was fake I didn't know they actually did find one that big.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    As much as i dont like gators and stuff i find this ? up.
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Imma turn it into a pair of shoes...

...but really though, thats a tad ? up, I could see if it was in your house, they went looking for it in its own home
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Okay, I'll admit that I've NEVER heard of this until Chike mentioned.
    really? we had a HUGE thread on this back in the day
    Chike wrote: »
    All life is magnificient, my friend.
    uh, no. for starters, those ridiculous hogs are NOT magnificent. i'll make a longer list of things that don't qualify as magnificent as needed
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    really? we had a HUGE thread on this back in the day

uh, no. for starters, those ridiculous hogs are NOT magnificent. i'll make a longer list of things that don't qualify as magnificent as needed

Well that's just the way you see it. Just like those people in the video laughing and having a grand ol time killing life forms.
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What good is the alligator dead?
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Of course, but I'd feel bad in a way because the gator was just doing what a gator does and here I came along and killed it; because from my humanly perspective it was a threat. Its that between a rock and hard place thing, human life vs animal life. What to do? Depends how buddha you are I guess lol

Nah. Funk dat. The gator was thinking the same thing. So it's who gets who first like Prodigy said. Before he got snuffed and sonned repeatedly...........
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    TANGLUNG wrote: »

Shoes, belts, luggage, West Virginia stew, etc..
  • janklow
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well that's just the way you see it. Just like those people in the video laughing and having a grand ol time killing life forms.
    i'm just waiting to hear what exactly makes these hogs "magnificent" beyond "eh, they exist." obviously we can agree to disagree on this if the answer is "i just think these hogs are cool."
  • Chike
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i'm just waiting to hear what exactly makes these hogs "magnificent" beyond "eh, they exist." obviously we can agree to disagree on this if the answer is "i just think these hogs are cool."

I told you, all life to me is magnificient. It's beautiful to be able to experience what life has to offer and what gives anyone the right to take that away from anyone or thing other than for wanting to remain alive aka survival? It's not about just "I think hogs are cool" because I would say the same thing about any animal or creature. I guess I think life is amazing and you don't. If you want to put it that way.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yeah they shouldn't have killed it...just like that pig...
    big_hog_hogzilla_pig_hunting_biggest.jpg

is that the biggest pig ever? that ? is crazy
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I told you, all life to me is magnificient. It's beautiful to be able to experience what life has to offer and what gives anyone the right to take that away from anyone or thing other than for wanting to remain alive aka survival? It's not about just "I think hogs are cool" because I would say the same thing about any animal or creature. I guess I think life is amazing and you don't. If you want to put it that way.

dominican girls in lawrence=magnificent
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    difference b/t white folks & black folks huntin...

white folks ? what they capture, and hang it as a trophy.

black folks ? what they capture, and eat it!!! food for days my nig
  • janklow
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I told you, all life to me is magnificient. It's beautiful to be able to experience what life has to offer and what gives anyone the right to take that away from anyone or thing other than for wanting to remain alive aka survival?
    because sometimes you want juicy pork chops?

or those giant hogs are strays run amok that rip up the ecosystem and they really need to go
    I guess I think life is amazing and you don't. If you want to put it that way.
    i think some things are awesome and some things are not. elephants = awesome. those hogs = not so much.
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    man i do that ? by myself when im bored
  • Chike
    edited September 2010
    Options
    1)because sometimes you want juicy pork chops?

or those giant hogs are 2) strays run amok that rip up the ecosystem and 3)they really need to go

i think some things are awesome and some things are not. elephants = awesome. those hogs = not so much.

1) Why the hell would anyone with atleast half a brain consider eating that animal a good idea?

2) wtf? Where are you getting this from?

3) That's not even up to us to decide anyways... if they need to go, mother nature will decide that.

4) and lastly... so what, you don't like hogs... does mean you should go out and ? them for fun just because you personally don't like them? What if someone doesn't like you? Is it ok to ? you for fun?
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    TANGLUNG wrote: »

People eat alligator all the time..it's pretty good too.

I don't really get the whole hunting thing, but some people actually enjoy hunting so catching a big prize is like getting a home run in baseball or a hole in one in golf.

She didn't break the law, the hunting season is actually in place for good reason so I think all the treehuggers getting bent out of shape need to go down and stay in the swamps for a little bit. I bet they ? them a gator too.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »

You can eat the meat and still have an animal stuffed or mounted.
  • Chike
    edited September 2010
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    People eat alligator all the time..it's pretty good too.

I don't really get the whole hunting thing, but some people actually enjoy hunting so catching a big prize is like getting a home run in baseball or a hole in one in golf.

She didn't break the law, the hunting season is actually in place for good reason so I think all the treehuggers getting bent out of shape need to go down and stay in the swamps for a little bit. I bet they ? them a gator too.

Barbaric.......
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yea, back during slavery some gator hunters would tie black babies to a hook and dangle them overnight from a tree limb as bait for the gator.

what tha hell.
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited September 2010
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »

ummm africans used parts from their catches as ornament. ivory is valuable for a reason.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010
    Options
    busayo wrote: »
    ummm africans used parts from their catches as ornament. ivory is valuable for a reason.

lol, if I wouldn't have typed this someone would have dropped in with some line like

"Westerners buying ivory is the only reason people ? elephants for it, without them paying for it, it wouldn't happen"
  • janklow
    edited September 2010
    Options
    1) Why the hell would anyone with atleast half a brain consider eating that animal a good idea?
    so we have to agree to disagree on whether or not hogs live... but we can't disagree on eating juicy pork chops without pointlessly insulting people that do? what an open mind you have! i don't eat pork myself, but who the ? cares if someone else does?
    2) wtf? Where are you getting this from?
    things that are not native to the US: wild boar. things that escape in the US and breed with boars: domestic pigs. it happens.
    3) That's not even up to us to decide anyways... if they need to go, mother nature will decide that.
    i submit that mother nature also created tool-using creatures called "humans" that serve as her instrument for making sure these hogs go
    4) and lastly... so what, you don't like hogs... does mean you should go out and ? them for fun just because you personally don't like them? What if someone doesn't like you? Is it ok to ? you for fun?
    see, now, i generally don't assume humans should be directly compared to wild hogs in this way, even if we're going to have some kind of "oh but we're all precious animals" diatribe coming.