Comments

• ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited September 2010
    a.mann wrote: »
    expressed, formulated, or presented with clarity and effectiveness

communicate something: to express thoughts, ideas, or feelings coherently
    - speak distinctly: to pronounce something or speak clearly

ok. i dont know how to post videos but Lupe got Nas.
    Kanye West is another one of those artist who do that better than Nas.
    Lil Wayne and Drake also.
    When you are getting a point across it helps to have charisma and swag.
    Nas has little of both.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited September 2010
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Nas only losses on the internet.

The funny thing is I never heard this "Nas Lost" ? until i started coming to this site.

None of Jay-Z's disses toward Nas were strong or effective because Jay-Z can't craft decent disses. The second he goes at an Emcee he immediately starts ? on himself. He dissed Nas & Prodigy then he bites/pays homage to them on back to back albums. He talks ? about Nas and how he doesn't give to charities when he says on BP2:

Won't break you a crumb of the little bit that he makes
    And this is with whom you want to place your faith?
    I put dollars on mine, ask Columbine
    When the Twin Towers dropped, I was the first in line
    Donating proceeds off every ticket sold
    When I was out on the road, that's how you judge Hov, no?
    Ain't I supposed to be absorbed myself?
    Every time there's a tragedy, I'm the first one to help
    They call me this misogynist, but they don't call me the dude
    To take his dollars to give gifts at the projects
    These dudes is all politics, depositing checks
    they put in they pocket, all you get in return is a lot of lip

But later he contradicts himself and says....

Sure, I ponied up a mil' but I didn't give my time
    So in reality I didn't give a dime
    or a damn, I just put my monies in the hands
    of the same people that left my people stranded
    Nothin' but a bandit, left my folks abandonned
    Damn, money we gave just a band aid
    Can't say we better on than we was before
    In synopsis, this is my Minority Report

Then the man calls Nas a hypocrite for two contradictory songs on 2 separate albums that came out 3 years apart, yet he contradicted himself twice on the same albums. How you gonna play lover boy on "Sunshine" then player on "Who You Wit" on Vol. 1, then do it again with "Bonnie & Clyde 03" & "? All Night" on BP2?

Jay-z is so lame, and his stans are pathetic to even take such a question seriously. "Ether" was a great diss but it wasn't even necessary because Jay-Z was destroying himself the whole time. I see why he doesn't diss anybody anymore, and i see why he's still fighting "Ether" till this day.

all i have to say is compare the two careers and who honestly has had a better career?
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Nas only losses on the internet.

The funny thing is I never heard this "Nas Lost" ? until i started coming to this site.

None of Jay-Z's disses toward Nas were strong or effective because Jay-Z can't craft decent disses. The second he goes at an Emcee he immediately starts ? on himself. He dissed Nas & Prodigy then he bites/pays homage to them on back to back albums. He talks ? about Nas and how he doesn't give to charities when he says on BP2:

Won't break you a crumb of the little bit that he makes
    And this is with whom you want to place your faith?
    I put dollars on mine, ask Columbine
    When the Twin Towers dropped, I was the first in line
    Donating proceeds off every ticket sold
    When I was out on the road, that's how you judge Hov, no?
    Ain't I supposed to be absorbed myself?
    Every time there's a tragedy, I'm the first one to help
    They call me this misogynist, but they don't call me the dude
    To take his dollars to give gifts at the projects
    These dudes is all politics, depositing checks
    they put in they pocket, all you get in return is a lot of lip

But later he contradicts himself and says....

Sure, I ponied up a mil' but I didn't give my time
    So in reality I didn't give a dime
    or a damn, I just put my monies in the hands
    of the same people that left my people stranded
    Nothin' but a bandit, left my folks abandonned
    Damn, money we gave just a band aid
    Can't say we better on than we was before
    In synopsis, this is my Minority Report

Then the man calls Nas a hypocrite for two contradictory songs on 2 separate albums that came out 3 years apart, yet he contradicted himself twice on the same albums. How you gonna play lover boy on "Sunshine" then player on "Who You Wit" on Vol. 1, then do it again with "Bonnie & Clyde 03" & "? All Night" on BP2?

Jay-z is so lame, and his stans are pathetic to even take such a question seriously. "Ether" was a great diss but it wasn't even necessary because Jay-Z was destroying himself the whole time. I see why he doesn't diss anybody anymore, and i see why he's still fighting "Ether" till this day.

you really think so? all the ? going on in his life/career. he don't care bout that ? . after it, his career continue to go up. you're lame for catching feelings over this ? that happened 10 years ago
  • laroc
    laroc Members Posts: 1,000
    edited September 2010
    I'll take Nas FTW, Dale!
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    you really think so? all the ? going on in his life/career. he don't care bout that ? . after it, his career continue to go up. you're lame for catching feelings over this ? that happened 10 years ago

Who's catching feelings?

So truth = hate now? What kinda math you doing?
  • JokerzWyld
    edited September 2010
    all i have to say is compare the two careers and who honestly has had a better career?

Stop deferring with a ? question. Both rappers are multi-platinum multi-millionaires and even if one wasn't commercially successful it wouldn't matter. Michael Jackson had a better career than James Brown, yet he didn't write half of his music nor produce or compose any of it. Michael Jackson himself said James Brown was the greatest artist and he cried when he met him. Who's the better the artist?
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Who's catching feelings?

So truth = hate now? What kinda math you doing?

you did. you wrote all that ? . i didn't say you was hating but their is no truth in someone's opinion
  • ItzGravitation
    edited September 2010
    Stop deferring with a ? question. Both rappers are multi-platinum multi-millionaires and even if one wasn't commercially successful it wouldn't matter. Michael Jackson had a better career than James Brown, yet he didn't write half of his music nor produce or compose any of it. Michael Jackson himself said James Brown was the greatest artist and he cried when he met him. Who's the better the artist?

and James Brown aint ? with Thriller.

What point are you trying to make?
    i suggest you make it clear.
  • JokerzWyld
    edited September 2010
    and James Brown aint ? with Thriller.

What point are you trying to make?
    i suggest you make it clear.

Your point is moot, stop trolling.
    you did. you wrote all that ? . i didn't say you was hating but their is no truth in someone's opinion

First of all this is a hip hop forum where you're supposed to write about subjects. Second, no feelings were caught. I copied and pasted the lyrics. Jay-Z really did Bite those 2 rappers after he dissed them. Jay-Z ACTUALLY did contradict himself before, after, and while he was dissing those 2 rappers. Don't confuse fact with fiction. No good boxer punches himself during a fight, yet that's what Jay did. Jay lost.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited September 2010
    So MJ not better than James Brown?
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Blueprint 2 is a pitiful diss. This one big concession letter w/ Jay Z crying that Nas cheated. Jay barely addresses Nas with the most scathing lines being where Nas is called out for his contradictions. It would've been more hard hitting if Jay Z actually went more in depth of how he saved Nas's career instead he spends time listing off what he did for 9/11 and charity. That was weak and irrelevant. Jay Z is far better than that and he could've actually put that beat to much better use than to diss Nas.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    word? elaborate
    Takeover and BP2 are all truth...Nas was all about taking ? shots at Jay...

So Takeover/Bp2>>>>>Ether

Jay on both was just his false and dumb opinion. Dude said only Illmatic and Stillmatic were good when It Was Written was an undeniable classic, and I Am was a damn near classic, plus nas stayed going plat. Jay was wrong. No truth there.
    how is ether >>>Jays career when its obvious he worthway more than Nas.
    Beyonce>>>Nas

Nas ? Beyonce, and turned her down for a date cause her breath stank. Who really won?
    VideoPhone and Telephone>>>Rewind.
    Renegade>>>>Nas' catalogue.
    They're more popular for a reason.

LOL ? just ? yourself, but you said Drake is GOAT so your opinion on anything in life is void. You can say 2 + 2 = 4 and ? gonna start questioning it. Plus a lot of Nas catalogue is more popular than Renegade so even that fails. ? .
    Blueprint 2 is a pitiful diss. This one big concession letter w/ Jay Z crying that Nas cheated. Jay barely addresses Nas with the most scathing lines being where Nas is called out for his contradictions. It would've been more hard hitting if Jay Z actually went more in depth of how he saved Nas's career instead he spends time listing off what he did for 9/11 and charity. That was weak and irrelevant. Jay Z is far better than that and he could've actually put that beat to much better use than to diss Nas.

C/S ? sucks. It was worse than (I can't believe I'm gonna say this) SupaUgly.