Options

Comments

• refcortez
    refcortez Members Posts: 377 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    have you ever actually listened to a ugk album? And if so which 1's

i own them all, and i didn't download them. . . i own more music then you could imagine, my cd and tape collection is epic. and i love ugk, but i'm riding with imd. . . i judge ? by their best work, i skip songs on all ugk albums. and outkast is amazing, but the infamous happens to be my favorite album from any rap duo, even smiff-n-wessun. oh ? ,smiff-n-wessun>>>>>>>>>ugk, yeah i said it.
  • refcortez
    edited September 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    Dogg Food >>>>> any album by Mobb Deep

let you tell it.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    hater! hahahaha
    its no point in even tryin to go back and fourth.. ur an East Coast cat and im from the West.. but aint nothin Mobb Deep put out ? with that album.. not many albums period.. imo

Doggfood was a great album, I think its better than Hell On Earth, but the Imfamous>>Doggfood
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    #Facts UGK has a stronger legacy, more timeless music, more fans, and more overall respect in the industry than Mobb Deep.
  • refcortez
    edited September 2010
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    Yes most people in real life, not on Allhiphop. Have you ever been to the South or the West and asked people about Mobb Deep? They'll prolly tell you the cats that rapped "Shook Ones" right? U cant sit hear and tell me Hell On Earth is a well known album homie.
    i lived on the west 94-97 stop joking, and technically, i live in the south.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    refcortez wrote: »
    i own them all, and i didn't download them. . . I own more music then you could imagine, my cd and tape collection is epic. And i love ugk, but i'm riding with imd. . . I judge ? by their best work, i skip songs on all ugk albums. And outkast is amazing, but the infamous happens to be my favorite album from any rap duo, even smiff-n-wessun. Oh ? ,smiff-n-wessun>>>>>>>>>ugk, yeah i said it.

smiff-n-wessun, is wack, i like mobb deep, but fuuuuck takin that smiff-n-wessun insult, i can't let you disrespect ugk like that
  • refcortez
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Miles HIGH wrote: »
    #Facts UGK has a stronger legacy, more timeless music, more fans, and more overall respect in the industry than Mobb Deep.

is that a fact? i know ? who never heard of ugk until big pimpin. . . what are you ? talking about?
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    * comes in wondering if this has turned into a down souf vs up norf rap beef thread yet*
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i lived on the west 94-97 stop joking, and technically, i live in the south.

Good then you know exactly what Im talkin about.
  • refcortez
    edited September 2010
    Options
    smiff-n-wessun, is wack, i like mobb deep, but fuuuuck takin that smiff-n-wessun insult, i can't let you disrespect ugk like that
    lol! you're right, i took it too far. . . but wack? c'mon son!
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i know ? who never heard of mobb deep until em rapped on shook ones on 8 mile...
  • Miles HIGH
    edited September 2010
    Options
    is that a fact? i know ? who never heard of ugk until big pimpin. . . what are you ? talking about?

I know ? who never heard of Mobb Deep until they signed to G-Unit. Your point sir?
  • refcortez
    edited September 2010
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    Good then you know exactly what Im talkin about.
    no i don't ? didn't like them, but they knew who they were and what they was doing?
  • refcortez
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I know ? who never heard of Mobb Deep until they signed to G-Unit. Your point sir?
    but how old are these people?
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    only prodigy is good and that ? barely have enough good songs
    with that said Prodigy>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think they are both good but I think it's a regional thing

if your from up top more than likely you'd rather rock w/ da Mobb

if your from down south south more than likely you'd rather tip to UGK
  • P. Town
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ? never heard of ugk before big pimpin but big pimpin came out in '99, but ridin ? came out in 96, went gold, and was #15 on the billboard charts, aw ok
  • P. Town
    edited September 2010
    Options
    lol! You're right, i took it too far. . . But wack? C'mon son!

them ? was wack, (in my opinion)
  • Miles HIGH
    edited September 2010
    Options
    but how old are these people?

At the time when 50 Cent first began to ? Havoc and Prodigy, I knew people ranging from 10-23 that had never heard of them, lol. And people older than that who never payed any attention to them other than "Shook Ones".
  • refcortez
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ? never heard of ugk before big pimpin but big pimpin came out in '99, but ridin ? came out in 96, went gold, and was #15 on the billboard charts, aw ok

yep, just like the infamous went gold and ? didn't hear about imd until 8 mile.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ^^You do know theres like 8 million ppl who live in NYC right.
    At the time when 50 Cent first began to ? Havoc and Prodigy, I knew people ranging from 10-23 that had never heard of them, lol. And people older than that who never payed any attention to them other than "Shook Ones".

Exactly my point and maybe "Quiet Storm". your confused If you think there any more popular then that to your avg rap fan.
  • P. Town
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And if i do recall correctly, it was "pocket full of stones" that was playin in one of the hood's greatest movies, menace 2 society, 6 years before big pimpin
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And if i do recall correctly, it was "pocket full of stones" that was playin in one of the hood's greatest movies, menace 2 society, 6 years before big pimpin

that is correct sir, just saw it the other day...

also, think about this, when was UGK's last gold album...

and when was Mobb Deep's last gold album...

there go some evidence as to who has fallen off..
  • refcortez
    edited September 2010
    Options

? shook ones was played in the biggest trailer park movie of all time.
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I like them both equally