Bible Code

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
What are you thoughts on the "Bible Code" ?

Do you believe there is a code encrypted into the bible to tell of events that have happened and will happen? They say the 'Bible Code' goes perfect with all past event in history.

Or do you think it's all a big coincidence and you can do this with any book?

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010
    Options
    As with the Nostradamus stuff, I think it is just piecing things together to make them fit. I've tried really studying the bible code as well as others but after a short time there's too many mistakes in the way they're mentioned that I just stop.

History's Mystery's btw?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The people who try doing the bible code in pictograms are the worst though. By far.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    History's Mysteries? Not sure what show it was but yeah some show "inspired" this thread.

I've heard about the 'Bible Code' and read about it, I find it interesting but I don't believe that hype. It's just a coincidence.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    History's Mysteries? Not sure what show it was but yeah some show "inspired" this thread.

I've heard about the 'Bible Code' and read about it, I find it interesting but I don't believe that hype. It's just a coincidence.

Yea on history's mysteries today they had a two hour thing on Bible Code. About an hour after it ended here I seen your thread pop up.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I saw that tv program, i similar to all this Illuminati hidden message stuff, people can find connections in anything if they look hard enough.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think you could find a code in most books, and this whole bible code thing seems an act of desperation to keep validity in the bible.
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    As with the Nostradamus stuff, I think it is just piecing things together to make them fit. I've tried really studying the bible code as well as others but after a short time there's too many mistakes in the way they're mentioned that I just stop.

History's Mystery's btw?

yea...........i cosign,...........i think its all random occurance..........
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think you could find a code in most books, and this whole bible code thing seems an act of desperation to keep validity in the bible.

Not Really........Bible Code has nothing to do really with the Bible, alot of things that was foretold in Really goes against some of the teachings in the bible