Options
2»

Comments

• thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Trey still hasn't crossed over yet and probably never will
    Hes not that type of R&B so of course theres a disconnect with him headlining his own tours and his album sales.
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ryder225 wrote: »
    Usher is bigger due to his Pop Star status, whereas Trey hasnt crossed over yet

soooooooo if he is bigger becauase of his POP Star status, Obivously he is bigger then Trye homie.............time to use some logic my dude
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lets be honest though, Trey could not follow up Usher on a tour. Usher is a all around entertainer, dude has the choreography down pat and he can sing while dancing, and has great stage shows. What is Trey gonna do after that, take off his shirt and walk around the stage yodelling. Trey just aint that type of an artist!
  • CaseyAsh
    CaseyAsh Members Posts: 26
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ryder225 wrote: »
    So you ? saying Usher can sell out a stadium and sell out by HIMSELF?

Just to let you know he sold the 02 arena in london in less than a week and he had to arrange another concert a day after cuz he sold it out BY HIMSELF.

so yeah he can, i rest my case :)
  • DeeJones215
    DeeJones215 Members Posts: 8
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Trey Songz has been out for 10yrs??????? Definitely not!!!

Trey is a hard worker.... i give him that, but i dont know if he's ready to headline his own tour. His stage performance still needs so improvement.
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    edited September 2010
    Options
    of course trey is gonna open for usher...usher in an artist that went diamond remember??

i agree though with all the hype and promotion and exposure trey gets, and the amount of time he been in the game, he should be able to be a main act of his own tour by now.....but since he aint a platinum selling artist or critically acclaimed artist....it would be hard for him to sell tkts from city to city...that's why his ass gotta be the opening act for usher...who is putting out platinum records after 15 yrs, #1 hits, still able to pop a nice two step and slide, perform at mtv awards etc.

trey songz is a wack performer anyways, so i could care less.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Despite what yall think, Trey has urban hype and hype from the urban community where as Usher has crossed over and I think somebody already mentioned this. What R&B act from the last ten years is headlining a tour with Usher on it.
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Wow, it's two threads on here talking about why Trey Songz haven't reach a certain status in his career. Let the man breath, he trying to do what he can do. He just now getting the spotlight turned on him. Yeah he may have dumb down his music and yeah he may not be a great performer but how many times is people going to talk about his flaws. I use to hate the dude to but it seem like people on here just want him gone.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LOL @ Trey Songz being bigger than Usher.

Usher has simultaneously had no less than 2 songs in the Top 20 US airplay/3 songs in the Top 40 airplay since Papers, Hey Daddy, and Lil Freak.

Usher had a #1 album this year that sold over a million. Trey has never had a #1.
    Usher has had a #1 hit song this year. Trey? Never.

Its not even close.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    LOL @ Trey Songz being bigger than Usher.

Usher has simultaneously had no less than 2 songs in the Top 20 US airplay/3 songs in the Top 40 airplay since Papers, Hey Daddy, and Lil Freak.

Usher had a #1 album this year that sold over a million. Trey has never had a #1.
    Usher has had a #1 hit song this year. Trey? Never.

Its not even close.

hope you directed all this at the ? threadstarter who suggested Trey should be headlining while Usher opens for him