'Is this just a load of 2.768.66.66.964.53.72.9155?'

Options
dontdiedontkillanyon
dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
[size=+1]A number-crunching nerd claims to have cracked the code behind a mysterious viral vid ... and traced it back to Christina Aguilera. But does it all add up?[/size]

Last week saw Louis Pattison looking at an online marketing campaign for a mystery singer with a taste for tar. Now, after much speculation over the source of the vid, blogger This Big Stereo has suggested that it was spawned by Sony's marketing department, with the star of the video – obscured by arty camera angles and a whole load of mud – none other than Christina Aquilera.

TBS take their evidence from a post by a "? nerd" on a Livejournal message board. Said nerd has "cracked" Sony's secret "code" by looking at the names of the YouTube clips (a string of seemingly meaningless numbers separated by a few decimal places). His/her theory runs thus:

"If you add up all of the numbers before a decimal and attach a letter to its corresponding number (A=1, B=2, C=3, etc.) you'll notice that each video [title] has a distinct message:

Prelude 699130082.451322 = (38.17) = (CH.AG) = CH. AG.
9.1.13.669321018 = I. A. M. CH.
9.20.19.13.5.723378 = I.T.S.M.E.C. "

Which all adds up (mathematically, at least).

Can Sony sell records through mud, pus and an all-too-close up shot of a sheep birthing? Could this dirrrrty business really be Sony's doing? Or is it all total 2.768.66.66.964.53.72.9155?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2010/jan/28/viral-video

Comments

• supern0va_
    supern0va_ Members Posts: 214
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I think it's her. It's weird, but I'm all for doing something different. Some German Sony BMG site accidentally uploaded a pic from these weird vids and the URL had "album promo christina aguilera" in it so it kind of confirms that it's her. The girl has one hell of a voice. Can't wait to see how the album turns out.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's definitely Christina, too many clues point towards her for it not to be her plus that picture that got posted from the BMG website like you said pretty much confirms it. Usually I couldn't give a ? about Christina Aguilera but as soon as I found out who she was working with I became interested: Ladytron, Le Tigre, Goldfrapp, Sia, M.I.A.... that's a sick line up to work with on your album. Going by the music in the viral videos the album actually sounds promising, it might even be good... maybe
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's christina.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Despite being on hiatus, the celebrated nu-riot grrrls got together to write and produce a 'couple of songs' for the diminutive diva

Le-Tigre-001.jpg

Le Tigre have confirmed last year's report that they have been working with Christina Aguilera, calling it a "dream come true". The celebrated nu-riot grrrls wrote and produced a "couple of songs" for the singer, which they hope will appear on her next album, Bionic.

According to a blogpost by singer/guitarist Johanna Fateman, Le Tigre's song Deceptacon had become "Christina's jam" in the first part of 2009. "At first we were tormented by the goal of writing 'another Deceptacon' for her, wondering how to ? the code to its energy and production style," Fateman explained, "plus we wanted to write melodies that would showcase Christina's incredible voice ... But we quickly realised that we just had to be ourselves and put our hearts into pulling together our best demos to play for her."

Though the band is on hiatus, Fateman and Kathleen Hanna traded bits of songs on portable hard drives, while JD Samson sent them "loops and basslines" during her tour with Men. In June, not long after Fateman gave birth to a daughter, she and Samson met with Aguilera in Los Angeles. "Meeting Christina and working at her home studio was simultaneously super-comfortable and normal-seeming while also kind of a mind-blowing window into another world," Fateman wrote. The decor is apparently red and black, with bowls of Ricola cough drops and "crucifix doorknobs". But there was also, Fateman raved, "cool and beautiful books and tons of notepads and a million great pens".

As for the singing, Fateman calls Aguilera a "technical virtuoso behind the mic", "totally cool and hilarious and down-to-earth". The 29-year-old diva ad-libbed variations and harmonies, giving detailed comments at the end of each day. Nor was there any crisis of philosophy between Le Tigre's steely politics and Aguilera's plastic-wrapped pop. "[We] found a ton of common ground in our aim to make upbeat danceable tracks celebrating female friendship, strength, and of course, PARTYING," Fateman said. "For a feminist band obsessed with pop music, it was pretty much a dream come true."

"The songs have a lot of elements we're known for, like a garage guitar sound, schoolyard chants, new wave-y synths [and] electro beats," Fateman promised, "[but] somehow it all sounds crazily right with Christina's unbelievable voice."

Le Tigre aren't the only alternative act to have been tapped for what will be Aguilera's fourth studio album. MIA, Goldfrapp, Santigold, Sia and Ladytron have also spent time in her studio.

Bionic will be released in April.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/feb/02/le-tigre-christina-aguilera

I never thought I'd actually look forward to a Christina Aguilera album
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • marie addams
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hmm..ok. no longer looks like xtina. i'm really anxious to know who it is!
    the music sounds nice...
  • marie addams
    edited February 2010
    Options
    okay..definetly not xtina's teeth

christina-aguilera-teeth.jpg

but definetly gaga's nose..(could be her teeth?)

10959_344441355596_269423180596_10006942_6347353_n.jpg
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • marie addams
    edited February 2010
    Options
    okay..her bottom row do look similar to the vid.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • supern0va_
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wow it IS her. sickkkkkkkk can't wait for that first single!!!!!! thnaks KillaCham!
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • Still Cool Beans
    Still Cool Beans Members Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Interesting.............I've always respected Christina's vocal prowess but admittedly have never been quite interested in much of her music. This is intriguing though. I might actually ? around and check for this.
  • marie addams
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • supern0va_
    edited February 2010
    Options
    this thing is getting really weird. :/
  • marie addams
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^^^ i've been following the comments on youtube and ya..it's way weird..way deep
    but interesting. idk but if the all the investigating the people commenting have been doing is on point I think the next (6th) video will be the final video
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Welcome home

• marie addams
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • marie addams
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ahhh! double post! lol
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I take it you just saw it in Youtube as well, LOL

6th video, I wonder if there's going to be more or that's it

Oh yeah, and the bit at the end is creep as ?
  • marie addams
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol yeah youtube.
    I've been following the youtube comments and I thought the 6th video would be the reveal (dissapointed) but i guess since the first video was a prelude technically this is the 5th video and the next will be the last.

the dead dogs or her speaking? it was all creepy lol especially the distortion of her face (who ever the hell she is because i'm not quite sold on christina even if the teeth do sort of match)
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The bit at the end just reminded me of something Chris Cunningham would create. Distorting faces and bodies so they still look human but not quite though it's blatantly some concave or fish lens type effect. Proper eerie. The bit where she spoke was ? up as well.

I'm still staying stubborn and sticking to Christina even if the vocals in that track didn't even sound like her. Too many coincidences and evidence plus the music still sounds like it could have come from Ladytron or Goldfrapp. You never know, the last video might be a full on music video
  • marie addams
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yeah in my heart of hearts i really want this to be xtina just so she can hush the critics and all arrows point towards her, but i'm still not confident enough to put my money on it if i had to.

a lot of people seem to think trent reznor has something to do with it.

in the first vid there was more than one girl unless it's the same chick duped.

34ezx8z.jpg

but it could explain why she or it looks different in every video in spite of the face distortions...it may actually be someone different in each video which is why people are thinking it could be a band or group. But the user name is whoami not who are we so yeah. back at one lol
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Had a closer look at that photo, it does look like more than one person. It could be more than one person, could be duplicated. There's loads of little effects going on in these videos and everything is manipulated so personally I'm not taking everything I see as face value

To be fair there are rumours Trent Reznor/NIN might be putting out a new album soon. Not sure why he'd want to front an anonymous blonde bird in his videos unless he really wants to keep the anonymity up that badly. With The Slip and Ghosts he kind of just dropped those albums out the blue... well it seemed like that anyway. He's always up for breaking barriers down regarding music and the internet so who knows

Lykke Li keeps getting mentioned but I'm not buying that one. She self releases her music, this smells of corporate major label business

Another group called The Golden Filter have been mentioned loads of times as well but their music doesn't really fit and they already post their own videos up on Youtube and they clearly haven't been given the budget by the record label to produce videos like this
  • marie addams
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Iamamiwhoami Makes Contact, Sends MTV News A Package

Posted 19 hrs ago by James Montgomery in Music

On Friday afternoon (March 5), at approximately 4 p.m., I received a thin brown envelope marked with no return address, no stamps … no nothing, except my name typed on the front. When it was delivered to my desk, I jokingly asked the mailroom guy if he knew what it was. He just shrugged and left, though he did appear to be sufficiently creeped out.

As it turns out, he had good reason to be. Because when I opened the envelope, out fell a knot of human hair, a few splinters of what appeared to be balsa wood, and a single strip of paper, bearing the animals featured in the ongoing "Iamamiwhoami" viral campaign. I just sat there for a second, holding the items in my hand, half wondering if I should get a pair of latex gloves and send them down to CSI for analysis. It was a little terrifying, to be honest.

But then I realized something: Iamamiwhoami had made contact with me, had sent me a package proving that he/she is very real (and very spooky). I am sort of honored. And sort of frightened, too. It's not the first time Iam … has reached out to me, it's just the most tangible. The hair looks identical to the wig worn by the muck-covered heroine of the online series, and the paper — or, codex, since we're clearly in "DaVinci Code" territory now — is clearly some sort of puzzle. It taunts me to answer it. So far, I am coming up empty.

I've included photos here, in the hopes that perhaps you can help me ? the case. Oh, and in case you're wondering, I called down to the mailroom, and they have no idea who sent the envelope. It was delivered by a messenger service, and someone signed for it, but the "sender" field was left blank. The mystery continues … now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go wash my hands 1,000 times and curl up under my desk.

codex_500.jpg

hair_500.jpg

the budget it would take to keep this many people quiet tells me it is not an indie artist. I also think MTV knows who it is, they're just playing along