Dexter - Season V

Comments

• ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    compared to the magnificent season before it, season 5 was obviosly going to have its work cut out for it. It was a good seaosn but the previous one was so good it plae sin comparison.

lots of small but good moments and the main storyline of "right/wrong" and morality was strong. they built up dexter trying to cope and i honestly think julia stiles got better as the season went on. she wa skind of annoying but by the last episode she was tolerable until that very last scene where she breaks up with dexter. The whole picking apart the group angle was good and showing a women literally be with dexter as a killer and a man was good too imo as it was the best way to show him go from being in love with a women who didn't know who he was to getting over it enough to be able to live life again.

the shining part of this season was of course came from four actors...Deb, Qinn, Jordan Chase, and of course Dexter who finally got back to otshining his co-stars. The trinity Killer played by lithgow last year was at his best acting wise, stealing scenes with every thing he did and even at his death scene he made dexter look like a child before dieing. this year, Deb finally got the relationship she has been bilding towards with the partner who i honestly hated every season before this. Qinns transformation has been great to watch and him having morality make shis character more interesting. deb transformed slowly threw the whole season and imo her and quinn benefitted from this season more then dexter did.

Jordan Chase imo wasn't the killer we wanted or even as half as good as lithgow but imo held his own. they started building him on screen pretty late in the season but at the end, every piece of him was memorable. him being a cold, sociopath was one thing but him picking off every little emotion someone displays and manipulating everyone around him was great. the actor playing jordan was at his peak in the episode with emily birch where he sits in the chair giving off a blank stare as he ponders every little aspect on how to trick lumen/dexter in to falling in to his trap. he showed his weakness though at the last episode, having villainous syndrome. instead of just killing them he had to feed off their emotions, reading everything they said and did while toying with them. dexter gets up, attacks him, and lmen gets to ? . the scene where he dies was a great one.

but like someone said, dexter is back where how he started in the season with two big changes. one, his family is together minus rita and they all love each other. two, they have the trusty baby sitter they have been building the entire season with. she has a weird loyalty to dexter and love shis baby. she will be a big role next season clearly. Another thing, Quinn...dude WILL find out about dexter soon enough. need i remind you of dexter carelessly leaving his pics of him and lumen in quinns drawer? Quinn will find out probably next season, and be at a moral dilemna. He loves deb and thanked dexter by saying "I owe you one" but he also was one of the few who suspected dexter was a killer and with liddy being murdered after stalking dexter and having so much info on him, quinn HAS to find out.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    ^ Dex didn't leave the photos there, they were already there. Liddy showed them to Quinn, Quinn took them and put them up. So Quinn did see what those photos contained but it only shows Dex with Lumen in which Lumen has the knife. I think since Dex pretty much saved Quinn, some where along the line Quinn is gonna do the same for Dex. They both have a weird relationship, all back when Quinn took that money at a scene. Ever since then it's been back and forth "I have dirt on you" type of ? .
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Quinn KNOWS, its not a matter of if anymore

Quinn definitely became one of the best characters this season.

I felt so bad for Dexter when Lumen left.

lol Damn I wish Deb wouldve looked at them behind that curtain
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    It'll be interesting to see where they go next season
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    I co-sign the cosigns. Was a bit disappointed compared to last season, this one was forgettable. Lumen is a ? and no where near as sexy as Rita, Rita was annoying but way better than Lumen, she left him, he should have killed her. Now if he did that then it would have been a finale. I have a feeling the babysitter is gonna be used for something evil.
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    I co-sign the cosigns. Was a bit disappointed compared to last season, this one was forgettable. Lumen is a ? and no where near as sexy as Rita, Rita was annoying but way better than Lumen, she left him, he should have killed her. Now if he did that then it would have been a finale. I have a feeling the babysitter is gonna be used for something evil.

Yeah Rita was annoying as ? , but atleast she was sexy. Julia Stiles is annoying and she cant' act and shes not pretty. I was glad she left. I was hoping Dexter or Jordan would ? her. She deserved for being so ? .
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    edited December 2010
    c/s everything......dex looked like he was gonna ? lumen for a sec. But to be realistic I see lumens point its hard for someone normal to live with a killer despite his somewhat justifiable intentions...

Well at least now I can cancel showtime.

Yeah your right, but I didn’t like the way they made her leave so abruptly. We didn’t get to see her trying to deal with the situation. Instead she made her decision, after not being able to sleep through the night. I mean he jeopardized a lot for her. She should’ve been in @ least 1 or 2 more eps for next season.

I didn’t care for her, but I thought Dex deserved someone. That’s why I thought it was perfectly set up for Deb to find out at that moment. She would’ve understood…

Do you have DirecTv? Anyway… Did you check out the sneak peek of “Shameless”? It came on right after Dexter…
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    sdca wrote: »
    Yeah your right, but I didn’t like the way they made her leave so abruptly. We didn’t get to see her trying to deal with the situation. Instead she made her decision, after not being able to sleep through the night. I mean he jeopardized a lot for her. She should’ve been in @ least 1 or 2 more eps for next season.

I didn’t care for her, but I thought Dex deserved someone. That’s why I thought it was perfectly set up for Deb to find out at that moment. She would’ve understood…

Do you have DirecTv? Anyway… Did you check out the sneak peek of “Shameless”? It came on right after Dexter…

Yea there should of been some build up, sometimes the writers 4 dexter lose creative ways to get rid of characters almost seems rushed at times at least 4 this season. For example robocops death came off a lil too easy dudes a ex-cop wheres the handcuffs, he should have been heavily subdued.

I have direct tv but want Fios, but right when im contemplating cancelling showtime shameless comes on after......Liked the first ep..Seems like one of those shows where anything can happen at the spur of the moment...The movie channels a goner thats a waste.
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    kai_valya wrote: »
    what was up with that little comment deb made at harrison's b-day party? makes me think she knows it was dexter

I think she was talking about herself, she views everything in a different way after she the vigilantes go.
  • shizza
    shizza Members Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    man that was a good ass season finale.. but i guess i was waiting for a crazy ass cliffhanger like Breaking Bad or Lost or something to get me fiending for next seasons season premiere. but either way good end to the season.. And on another note Deb's no ? no ass having self is sexxy as ? especially wen she curses
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Just realized my Houston Texans are Lumen, without the revenge at the end.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Just realized my Houston Texans are Lumen, without the revenge at the end.

Cosign.....
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    edited December 2010
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Yeah Rita was annoying as ? , but atleast she was sexy. Julia Stiles is annoying and she cant' act and shes not pretty. I was glad she left. I was hoping Dexter or Jordan would ? her. She deserved for being so ? .

Exactly. I really wanted Dexter to ? her tho once she said she was leaving. I was more than half way thru the finale and was dissapointed, her dying would have been a redeeming factor. I told yall he was simping for the ? , and now look what happened. Yall feeling sorry for Dexter, ? that.

I have high hopes for the next season now they gotta step it up.
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    edited December 2010
    shizza wrote: »
    And on another note Deb's no ? no ass having self is sexxy as ? especially wen she curses

This I can cosign, Deb is sexy. I don't even dig petite females like her with no body but I will ravage dat.
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    Exactly. I really wanted Dexter to ? her tho once she said she was leaving. I was more than half way thru the finale and was dissapointed, her dying would have been a redeeming factor. I told yall he was simping for the ? , and now look what happened. Yall feeling sorry for Dexter, ? that.

I have high hopes for the next season now they gotta step it up.

lol the look on his face I thought he was about to ? her
  • shizza
    shizza Members Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    umm... wtf!!?? so for the ppl that dont know deb and dexter r married in real life nd this ? just filed for divorce.. nd all i can think about is how is this gonna affect the show??? this ? better not ? up my only reason for watching television
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    umm... wtf!!?? so for the ppl that dont know deb and dexter r married in real life nd this ? just filed for divorce.. nd all i can think about is how is this gonna affect the show??? this ? better not ? up my only reason for watching television

damn........
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited December 2010

word thats fucced up
  • VIBE
    edited December 2010

Damn, he musta really ? Julia Styles then.
  • VIBE
    edited December 2010
    Oh ? , check TMZ...

http://www.tmz.com/2010/12/16/jennifer-carpenter-dexter-michael-c-hall-divorce-files-separated-papers-documents-spousal-support-irreconcilable-differences/
    TMZ has learned ... Jennifer Carpenter just filed her petition for divorce this afternoon from her "Dexter" co-star Michael C. Hall ... but it turns out they've been separated for a long time.

According to the document, the date of separation is listed as August 9, 2010.

Carpenter cites "irreconcilable differences" in the petition filed in L.A. County Superior Court.

Carpenter is also asking for spousal support and for attorney's fees.

The couple, who married in 2008, have no children.

Julia Stiles -- who guest starred on "Dexter" this season and is rumored to have gotten "close" to Hall -- just issued a statement saying they're just "good friends" and she's not the cause of the breakup.

Sounds like the Brad Pitt/Jolie thing, "just good friends" then we find out they're ? and wanting kids later. We'll see.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    It looks like they were separated for a while before this though. But still, I hope this doesn't mess up the show.
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    I wonder if they were already separated before they filmed this season.
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    lol @ her asking for spousal support and they work on the same popular tv show
  • Bcotton5
    edited December 2010
    kai_valya wrote: »
    i don't get how that's gonna work either. they don't have any kids, and she's paid, prolly not as much as him. why would she get support?

He probably cheated on her or something.

He just beat cancer recently too.