Has anyone ever been polled....

Options
Recaptimus_Prime360
Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Social Lounge
i ask bcuz i always see these news networks like fox, cnn, or msnbc talk about polls this, and polls that. how the newest random azzz poll, that most of have barely heard of, report the newest approval ratings.

but my question is, who are they calling??? bcuz i know i haven't gotten a call ask bout my opinion. hence the reason why i don't really pay any attention to them. how bout y'all? have any one of y'all gotten a call? if so, what questions did they ask u?

holla back wit ur responses.

Comments

• theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i have wondered the same thing. i haven't been part, or know anyone who has been a part of one of those polls yet they talk about the polls like they are golden. and how many people are they polling? 100, 1000, 10?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i have wondered the same thing. i haven't been part, or know anyone who has been a part of one of those polls yet they talk about the polls like they are golden. and how many people are they polling? 100, 1000, 10?

exactly!!! that's why i don't believe most of them polls. every day it seems like there's a new poll.
  • theillestrator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    exactly!!! that's why i don't believe most of them polls. every day it seems like there's a new poll.

yep, for all i know, they could just be polling the interns and security guards at their headquarters.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yep, for all i know, they could just be polling the interns and security guards at their headquarters.

.....lol!!!! each day they give a different anwer
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

I went to the Rasmussen site. From what I could tell, it's some automated interactive voice thing that supposedly polls "random" likely voters. But if it were so random, it wouldn't be so highly favored by Fox News.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Nope. Never..... The media is ? .
  • theillestrator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I went to the Rasmussen site. From what I could tell, it's some automated interactive voice thing that supposedly polls "random" likely voters. But if it were so random, it wouldn't be so highly favored by Fox News.

definitely not.
  • _Ozymandias_
    _Ozymandias_ Members Posts: 490
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i was polled back in 08. i was really surprised cause they called my cell pbone. it wasn't a person though. it was an automated service that asked me to rate my answer by pressing between 1 and 5 on how much i agreed with a predetermined statement like, "if the election was held today how likely would you vote for obama/mccain" "how important is (certain issue) in your decision on who you plan to vote for"
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I was a month ago.. really dumb question.. Alot of favorable.. unfavorable.. blah blah.. I only remember them askin me ? about ? marriage.. ? rights. and um howi viewed certain candidate.. Polling is ? .. they extrapolate information based on some small demo.. and push the numbers to say 75 percent of americans think.. ? out of there.. its ? ..
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    Nope. Never..... The media is ? .

^ True story.