3-5 years for murdering 7 people

C.Melendez
C.Melendez Members Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Social Lounge
just thought this was noteworthy global news from D.R.
they wonder why we resort to street justice round here smh

Dominican teens sentenced for killing seven taxi drivers
Print Email Bookmark Save to my profile 16 Comments - last on Sep 25 at 2:59 PM

Close Gallery
Zoom Picture Santo Domingo.– Authorities sentenced fiive teenagers to three to five years in prison after finding them guilty of killing seven taxi drivers and seriously injuring two others by forcing most of them to drink drain cleaner.

The teenagers, who ranged in ages from 15 to 17 and included two girls, used guns to assault the drivers in April and steal money from them. Two of the drivers were fatally shot and the others were forced to drink drain cleaner.

Authorities said the teens also doused the bodies with drain cleaner to prevent them from being identified. The victims' relatives had demanded the five be treated as adults and serve up to 30 years in prison, the maximum penalty allowed.

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Wow.. they should all be hanged.. like i said in another thread the authorities dont seem like they give a ? because.. its effecting the communities that the criminals dwell in. They definitely should have gotten the max.. wheres the justice.. yah someone should murder these animals.. i mean after all its only 3-5 years..
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010
    Yea, from that article something aint right.

If it wasn't premeditated murder and spur of the moment because of the robberies than I see where the system only gave them 3-5.

But having the drain cleaner and dousing the drivers in it afterward to me shows planning.

Should definitely be tried as adults, given life sentences, and executed.
  • C.Melendez
    edited September 2010
    bad thing I'll be shock to learn if they don't get out earlier than that
    and @ young....then they wonder why nobody even mention us in hosting ? like the olympics and why our tourist rates going down(well actually went up this month :) ,but it still struggling)

gov don't care seems like...here there or anywhere else
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I blame the White Man.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    That's ridiculous........they must be connected to some high powered gang that has influence over politicians and court systems.

This is one of the worst stories I've read about this year, to make someone drink bleach is pure evil. They should be electrocuted to death, and at best, hung while on fire.
  • Surf
    Surf Members Posts: 17
    edited September 2010
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    I blame the White Man.

My bad .
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    man...im heading down there in a fw weeks....thats some ?
    @melendez...im going to be in the colonial district....any of your people from around there
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    My moms was talkin about this the other day d.r aint a joke but i still cant wait to go back
  • Reina B
    Reina B Members Posts: 2,190 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    do u look like a ? ? if you do it was nice knowin u pal.

i have been there twice and know alot of people down there....been to megacentro and a hood i cant remember...sooon as i remember i'll let you know
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited September 2010
    pralims wrote: »
    i have been there twice and know alot of people down there....been to megacentro and a hood i cant remember...sooon as i remember i'll let you know

my hood when i go out there
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    damn thats crazy, no wonder its so crazy out there, you could body someone and be out in 5 years? then do it all over again and chill for another 5 years... They will just be hitting 20 when they get out... still young and dumb
  • dalyricalbandit
    edited September 2010
    funky dr wrote: »
    damn thats crazy, no wonder its so crazy out there, you could body someone and be out in 5 years? Then do it all over again and chill for another 5 years... They will just be hitting 20 when they get out... Still young and dumb

sad part is with the right money theyll be out before that smh
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    People are just crazy now... this world is doomed.
  • C.Melendez
    edited September 2010
    pralims wrote: »
    man...im heading down there in a fw weeks....thats some ?
    @melendez...im going to be in the colonial district....any of your people from around there

got your pm
    now that u said lu parone I know what you talking about.....you going to be in the "barrios" Luperon
    ay its straight ...if u know a lil spanish it'll be very helpful. just be a gracious tourist and you good everybody love tourist as long as u cool.
    It can get a lil crazy in Luperon though...its a resort right there too u going to be on the resort or checking out the barrio. Puerta Plata is known for the "women" too day/night walkers
  • C.Melendez
    edited September 2010
    sad part is with the right money theyll be out before that smh
    u right or either have it made in jail...but most likely be out its overcrowded so they'll let u out(basically saying they "transferred" to another location
  • C.Melendez
    edited September 2010
    kai_valya wrote: »
    unlike america, a lot of countries are not just concerned wit looking people up and throwing away the key. they are still minors and those are the sentencing guidelines for children. that being said, if prisons/justice system worked more on rehabilitation and not just incarceration, there'd be way less people locked up and less re-offenders.

also, if someone commited a crime the day they turned 18, would they be able to say, "charge me as a minor, i was a minor yesterday", no because it doesn't matter about yesterday, today he/she is an adult. i use that same reasoning on people who are always gung-? about tryin minors as adults. if they are minors charge them as such, end of story
    doesn't exist in DR prison ....you just locked up behind a fence and do what you want basically until head count and lunch...oh plus we get entertainment from different groups.....more like a crazy house instead of punishment
    ............but thats the best case scenario that u stated especially for juveniles....only thing with this case they killed 7 taxi drivers and use drano....its hard to romance the idea of them becoming priests doctors and lawers after "rehabiliation
  • C.Melendez
    edited September 2010
    unlike america, a lot of countries are not just concerned wit looking people up and throwing away the key. they are still minors and those are the sentencing guidelines for children. that being said, if prisons/justice system worked more on rehabilitation and not just incarceration, there'd be way less people locked up and less re-offenders.

also, if someone commited a crime the day they turned 18, would they be able to say, "charge me as a minor, i was a minor yesterday", no because it doesn't matter about yesterday, today he/she is an adult. i use that same reasoning on people who are always gung-? about tryin minors as adults. if they are minors charge them as such, end of story
    this what those "kids" going to get ....visit from celebs......and guess what they were doing before Vakero visited...I know... they were playing dominoes smoking and doing anything else .....see the 6 people to a cell .....rehabilitation doesn't happen here .....sad story
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    i know that some situations are very grave, but i'm really against trying minors as adults, cuz no on would ever try an adult as a minor.

Temporary insanity would be like trying an adult as a minor.

The thing is, trying a minor as an adult is because the minor knew what they were doing. They planned and committed a crime. They weren't just sitting around a house playing with a gun and it accidentally goes off.

There's a difference between trying a 15 year old who planned and executed a murder as an adult and saying a 35 year old man wasn't old enough to know better, in which case he would be considered crazy and could try to use the T.I. thing as an excuse.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    maybe then sentencing should be determined on a case by case basis, cuz what's the point of having a juvenile justice system when they can still get tried as adults?

I agree with you there.

The Juvenile system is only there because it has the potential on certain cases to generate more money than a regular system.