Its crazy how often fashion changes

Options
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in Fashion Forward
It's almost pointless to keep up with them. I remember when I graduated back in 06 I though I was so clean wearing forces,white T's, and Girbauds. Now in the 2010 skinny jeans are fashionable.
I have definately changed my style up since then. I dont ? with skinny jeans though. I'm good with some Ralph Lauren polos and maybe some Rockawear. But my thread isn't to diss any kind of current style and compare it to the past. I'm more acknowledge the rate of change when it comes to fashion.

So G&S, 4 years from now what do you think will be in style? What brands do think are going to come up or come back in style.

What brands are you wearing now........were you wearing that 4 years ago?

Comments

• simplyspeaking
    simplyspeaking Confirm Email Posts: 2,195
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It's almost pointless to keep up with them. I remember when I graduated back in 06 I though I was so clean wearing forces,white T's, and Girbauds. Now in the 2010 skinny jeans are fashionable.
    I have definately changed my style up since then. I dont ? with skinny jeans though. I'm good with some Ralph Lauren polos and maybe some Rockawear. But my thread isn't to diss any kind of current style and compare it to the past. I'm more acknowledge the rate of change when it comes to fashion.

So G&S, 4 years from now what do you think will be in style? What brands do think are going to come up or come back in style.

What brands are you wearing now........were you wearing that 4 years ago?

what part of michigan you live in ?
  • Kid Dynasty
    Kid Dynasty Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    fubu will dominate once more lol
  • JackAssInTheBox
    JackAssInTheBox Members Posts: 1,230 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

I Laughed.....
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited September 2010
    Options
    what part of michigan you live in ?

Just moved to Lansing from Detroit. Why?
  • simplyspeaking
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Just moved to Lansing from Detroit. Why?

because I figured you'd be from Detroit.
    I heard it's horrible up there.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The way ? is goin now JEFF AXEL thinks that polka dots and overalls will come back in style
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited September 2010
    Options
    all you gotta do is call the manufactures and ask them what type of clothes they're shipping out next season. V-necks came in style because that's what the stores are selling and manufactures pay celebs to wear em.

good point you brought that up. its interesting to see how people change their attire according to what they see celebs wear.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited September 2010
    Options
    because I figured you'd be from Detroit.
    I heard it's horrible up there.

Detroit is no different from any other large predominately black city in America.....
  • simplyspeaking
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Detroit is no different from any other large predominately black city in America.....

so, there's a bunch of ? black men up there too ???
    cuz there's ton down here in Atlanta.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i quit tryin to keep up with fashion REAL quick..

i graduated in 2000.. at that time Platinum FUBU was in.. Fat Albert & Co.
    i was hustlin so i filled my closet with damn near er'thing Platinum FUBU.. shirts was 70 a pop, sweaters a buck fifty and pants started at $100...

i had over 3k invested in lookin fly.. then they switched it to Ali.. so u mean to tell me i spend 3k of my ? and it aint hot nomore!? jus like that!!?

ever since then i aint been big on whats trendy..
    now as trendy as id get is Sean Jean.. but i dont even think thats trendy..
    i ? w/ Polo heavy though.. ? like that will never go out of style..
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    As far as brand names goes I the only thing I might mess with heavy is Sean John & a little bit of Ecko other then that, I really ain't trying to keep up with the Jones like that. Just give me a couple regular shirts and I can put them with the pants I already got and I'm good.
  • Zone6reppa
    Zone6reppa Members Posts: 926
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i'm a keep it polo for the rest of my life probably.......i ? wit a few random brands off dr. jays website when i feel like being leisure and not so casual
  • Djunior
    Djunior Members Posts: 851
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Never followed what was "hot" always been a trendsetter. What I want to know is when will a black owned company come out with some ? i like not just some urban only line.? So I can support them and quit givin my money to these white folks.......?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options

bidenpz9.gif...........
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Banned Location: Locaton: Location:Posts: 0
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • simplyspeaking
    edited September 2010
    Options
    speaking, u went to the Classic 2day in the A? The game and band was horrible but tha ? was packed.

nope. i came home for the weekend.
    DAMN . . . . . . . . . . . . how could i have forgotten the classic was this weekend ????
    * serious face palm*

oh well, guess I'll just be going to the Tuskegee v. Morehouse game this year then.
  • simplyspeaking
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i'm goin home on thanksgiving but neway you aint miss ? tho. and my blackass dam show goin be there next year too. I get 5 tickets at the 40 yardline for free every year. on the 123rd row. seats wasn't bad. Kandi was singin the national anthem.

@ the bolded . . . word ????
    hhhmmmm, may have to hang wit cha then.
    and Kandi was there too ???? SMH @ not being there.
    you going to the Battle of the Bands ?
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited September 2010
    Options
    so, there's a bunch of ? black men up there too ???
    cuz there's ton down here in Atlanta.

i guess. A lot of ? niccaz trying to women and a lot women who dont know whether they want a man or another women. I never been to Atlanta but i have seen the footage.its not quite that bad but its getting that way. our generation lost
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited September 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    i quit tryin to keep up with fashion REAL quick..

i graduated in 2000.. at that time Platinum FUBU was in.. Fat Albert & Co.
    i was hustlin so i filled my closet with damn near er'thing Platinum FUBU.. shirts was 70 a pop, sweaters a buck fifty and pants started at $100...

i had over 3k invested in lookin fly.. then they switched it to Ali.. so u mean to tell me i spend 3k of my ? and it aint hot nomore!? jus like that!!?

ever since then i aint been big on whats trendy..
    now as trendy as id get is Sean Jean.. but i dont even think thats trendy..
    i ? w/ Polo heavy though.. ? like that will never go out of style..

i remember fubu and denim jackets in 2000. i was in the 7th grade. i like sean jean but I dont thinks thts trendy either. but they have nice stuff so i dont care anymore.
    lol i told this white dude at my job i paid 90 for my RL hoodie at macys and he thought i was crazy. I took that ? back and got me a rocawear hoode for 50 at mr. allens. lmao.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i remember fubu and denim jackets in 2000. i was in the 7th grade. i like sean jean but I dont thinks thts trendy either. but they have nice stuff so i dont care anymore.
    lol i told this white dude at my job i paid 90 for my RL hoodie at macys and he thought i was crazy. I took that ? back and got me a rocawear hoode for 50 at mr. allens. lmao.

i use to ? with Roca wear.. but im too old now.. Sean Jean is more my speed..
    i gotta wear ? my lil brother wont wanna borrow after he sees me innit. haha
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    edited September 2010
    Options
    this...............500x_0924_kravitz.jpg
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options

2qtagbt.jpg............
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    all you gotta do is call the manufactures and ask them what type of clothes they're shipping out next season. V-necks came in style because that's what the stores are selling and manufactures pay celebs to wear em.

? sheep. baaaaa baaaaaa... go strap that tight tee shirt on you ? ? . half you homos only started rockin them cuz you seen your favorite actor/rapper in it. ? .
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

this is how all you little ? are gonna dress in two years. and yeah Im mad. Im mad I cant get into a club wearin ? that actually fits while you ? get closer to the front of the line depending on how tight your tee shirt and jeans are.
  • illcandidate
    illcandidate Members Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Trends change drastically and frequently but styles don't. If a dude is comfortable in jeans that fit (not tight or skinny) he is not going to deviate from that because the "trend" changes. Same w/females, if she is comfortable in bootcut jeans she is not going to go bananas because of the skinny jeans craze. With that said, unless a brand is associated with a certain style it will continually have to stay ahead of the trends. Look at brands such as Polo, Levi, Nautica, etc...they stay the course while you see other brands such as Rocawear, Parish, and Coogi continually try and reinvent themselves to stay relevant. Unfortunately the dubbed "urban community" are the best consumers so many companies target the urban community with campaigns or sponsorships that include rappers, athletes, etc....