Dark Blue dress shirt(sleeves rolled up) blue jeans and white AF 1s to dinner

ricanprince
ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
edited January 2011 in Fashion Forward
ok, so tomorrow my girl and I are going out to eat to this restaurant with a group of her coworkers. Ive met about half of them. We are going to a restaurant that is nothing fancy, its like on the level of chilis or something like that. I dont want to go to dressy but not to casual either, so I was thinking wear some all white AF1, blue jeans, and a dark blue dress shirt, with the sleeves rolled up alittle

is that ok

Comments

• still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Yeah if it's on the level of Chilli's that's nothing to get dressed up for.
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Dark Blue dress shirt(sleeves rolled up) blue jeans and white AF 1s

This cant be real.
  • Reina B
    Reina B Members Posts: 2,190 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    is this a casual meeting?
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    you dont have ANY shoes that aren't sneakers?
  • ricanprince
    edited September 2010
    Moreno.S wrote: »
    Dark Blue dress shirt(sleeves rolled up) blue jeans and white AF 1s

This cant be real.

Huh? elabarote
  • ricanprince
    edited September 2010
    you dont have ANY shoes that aren't sneakers?

I have dress shoes, but they dont go well with jeans, and im not about to wear slacks to a chili type restaurant, its not a dressy environment

I do have like polo type boots
  • marie addams
    edited September 2010
    you need to not wear sneakers..whatever you decide. the outfit is casual enough. sounds like you're about to make a target run
  • ricanprince
    edited September 2010
    you need to not wear sneakers..whatever you decide. the outfit is casual enough. sounds like you're about to make a target run

I probably wont, like I said, i have like polo beats, but other than that I only have dress shoes that go with dress pants. Im not going to make a target run, for a small get together at a casual restaurant. Its not that serious

its not like its a 5 star restaurant, ? , im wearing a dress shirt, with fitted jeans, and i will pass on the sneakers, but ? my girl doesnt have a problem so im good
  • sfilez
    sfilez Members Posts: 20
    edited January 2011
    No jeans please. Although the venue isn't that formal, please try to consider your date a little. It is a bit of a turn-off for a lady when she finds out that she prepared for this date of hers and her other half did not mind his choice of clothing.
  • abstraktmind
    abstraktmind Members Posts: 54
    edited January 2011
    I wouldn't say no jeans, just get rid of the AF1s for a more casual dress shoe. Make sure the jeans are dark and fitted.
  • marie addams
    edited January 2011
    sfilez wrote: »
    No jeans please. Although the venue isn't that formal, please try to consider your date a little. It is a bit of a turn-off for a lady when she finds out that she prepared for this date of hers and her other half did not mind his choice of clothing.

..........................this

even though i think you're a bot of some sort
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    sfilez wrote: »
    no jeans please. Although the venue isn't that formal, please try to consider your date a little. It is a bit of a turn-off for a lady when she finds out that she prepared for this date of hers and her other half did not mind his choice of clothing.
    i wouldn't say no jeans, just get rid of the af1s for a more casual dress shoe. Make sure the jeans are dark and fitted.
    ..........................this

even though i think you're a bot of some sort

ummm, the last time this thread was posted was in september... Why are yall still tellin him what to wear?... Im sure he done ate and shytin 1383189 times by now..
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    ? gettin they post count up lol
  • marie addams
    edited January 2011
    ummm, the last time this thread was posted was in september... Why are yall still tellin him what to wear?... Im sure he done ate and shytin 1383189 times by now..

lmao! considering I originally posted in this thread in September..the day it was made, im pretty positive the food is fertilizer at this point.
    My recent post was added for future reference of other niccas (and there seem to be a few) who are lost on what to do in a situation like this.