The Thrill Is Gone....

Options
Blue Virgo
Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Powder Room
Ladies, have you ever been in a relationship that started off hot and heavy, but fizzled out soon after?

What did you do to get the romance/steam back?

Did you have a talk with your partner about it?

Let a sista know.

Comments

• Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    * plays Earth Wind and Fire " After The Love Is Gone" for thread/theme music*
  • #Kew
    #Kew Members Posts: 299
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I wanna know too cuz this happened to me and this chick and I don't know what to do... ;-(
  • Blue Virgo
    edited September 2010
    Options
    * plays Earth Wind and Fire " After The Love Is Gone" for thread/theme music*

Perfect song.

Guys, y'all can answer too!
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    B.B. King is in the house!!!
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    gotta switch it up, like if you two are pretty open with each other, become a little more private bout things in your life, and if you're private, open up some to each other. Nothing like learning something new bout the person you think you know everything about. Things you're against, say for instance if you're not into certain sexual things, flirt with each other on the idea about doing something you two have never done or never will. Make sure its kept to the imagination though, its more fun. Go places out of the norm and behaving in a manner that is not suitable for the surroundings, for an example: you and him can go out clubbing, and you can wear something very revealing, you'd be like a tease for everyone else and he can sit back in the cut at a table drinking & watching you dance alone, denying anybody any kind of action. Not only will this spark his interest in you more, but he will also display behavior different than what you're use to, so that he can gain your interest more, fyi: ni99@s like to stay one up in relationships
  • Blue Virgo
    edited September 2010
    Options
    for an example: you and him can go out clubbing, and you can wear something very revealing, you'd be like a tease for everyone else and he can sit back in the cut at a table drinking & watching you dance alone, denying anybody any kind of action. Not only will this spark his interest in you more, but he will also display behavior different than what you're use to, so that he can gain your interest more, fyi: ni99@s like to stay one up in relationships

I like that.
    What do you mean they like to "stay one up"?
  • Ol Jay's
    edited September 2010
    Options
    blue virgo wrote: »
    I like that.
    What do you mean they like to "stay one up"?

men like to feel needed, so if his interest in you has increased, then its only natural that he alters his behavior so your interest in him is greater than his in you

with that said to keep things squared, you as women have to be willing to allow your man to stay one up, if not the ? (I'm no exception so fellas don't get mad) might do something dumb, that could cause a breakup (sad but true, one reason some idiots cheat)
  • Sourpatch Kid
    Sourpatch Kid Members Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You gotta have a change of scenery, plan a vacation somewhere far that you've never been to or somewhere convenient yet different. Do something spontaneous or out of the ordinary, sexually. Take ? courses together/ make movies.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

now on to the real... random acts of playfulness or love works, planning a date night, a sex text at work or sex call during lunch, a vacation too
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    men like to feel needed, so if his interest in you has increased, then its only natural that he alters his behavior so your interest in him is greater than his in you

with that said to keep things squared, you as women have to be willing to allow your man to stay one up, if not the ? (I'm no exception so fellas don't get mad) might do something dumb, that could cause a breakup (sad but true, one reason some idiots cheat)

knowledge has been dropped
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

feel what you saying

but women have/need to feel that they are needed rather still desirable by their man
    strictly from a emotional and physical stand point.
    And they are more than aware that as time goes by their "value" decreases while a man's increase ( specaily if he's finacally stable)

which is why alot older women feel threaten by the young ones when their men are around
  • Ol Jay's
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Women like to feel needed as much as men do, maybe even more so what you say about men could be said about women too. Especially if a woman is insecure, she'll want to feel that the man needs her more than she needs him just to keep herself from going crazy.

Seems like you're blaming a man cheating on the woman, if any person cheats it's solely on him/her regardless of how the other made them feel. If you felt the need to cheat just end the relationship.

Totally agree with the first bolded statement, but its like automatic that we know how needy women can be, women are so needy that they miss the fact that their man comes first. I tend to think most things I say are common sense but when talking to women I understand they have no clue how men operate, and the same could be said for men understanding of women. I tend to believe I know women well, but picking their brains here in the powder room has helped me alot to know my woman alot better, so I'm open to explaining to women how men operate, thats why I speak from a man's perspective

Second bolded is far from what I was trying to say, but I respectfully understand where you're coming from.