Joe Budden vs Rick Ross

Options

Comments

• ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    I'm not hating on Ross, Ross makes catchier music, but Budden is a better lyricist and better overall artist. Better storyteller, makes dope concept records. You think Ross can make a song like In My Sleep? or 3 Sides To A Story? Tears Of Joy was Ross attempt at being "deep"

But Joe Budden doesn't have an Album anywhere near close to Rick Ross catalouge

Rick Ross is the much better Song maker so he is a better Artist than Joe Budden
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    ross has da same amount of solo lpz as cuuurly so i dont get wherr ya goin wit that???????

if you count power of the dollar 50 got one more album.
    plus 2 g unit albums.
    plus the ? soundtrack from his ? movie.
    and ? knows how many ? g unit radio mixtapes.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ShadyTeam wrote: »

Rick Ross is the much better Song maker so he is a better Artist than Joe Budden

you dont know ? about hip hop. period. tryin to convince you otherwise is just pointless. ? transexual troll.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Budden is a better artist and lyricist.

^^^^^^^this
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited September 2010
    Options
    if you count power of the dollar 50 got one more album.
    plus 2 g unit albums.
    plus the ? soundtrack from his ? movie.
    and ? knows how many ? g unit radio mixtapes.

nah that power of da dollar ? dont count & we r talkin about soloz not group lpz..
    ^^^^^^^this

u have let it b known u r a ross hater so that is no surprize lol..
  • ShadyTeam
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Tell me what impact did Hustlin and Push It have?

Pump It Up was a bigger hit than anything Ross ever released based on numbers.

But Hustlin and Push It To The Limit are more memorable and way better records Pump It Up was below average

Pump It Up Charted higher than One Mic by Nas and actually was a Hit unlike One Mic but we know One MIc is much better so i don't mean impact as far as the Chart but how memorable the records are
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    smh well that is ya opinion...& tearz of joy is a step n da rite direction fa ross..

u cant b serious smh....

Tears of Joy was alright no doubt.

I will admit Joe doesn't have any albums as good as Ross solo records, but Budden is a much better artist in every way.
  • ShadyTeam
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You will find more people actually play Rick Ross Music worldwide where as people outside the Internet do not really listen to Joe Buddens Music
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2010
    Options
    But Hustlin and Push It To The Limit are more memorable and way better records Pump It Up was below average

Pump It Up Charted higher than One Mic by Nas and actually was a Hit unlike One Mic but we know One MIc is much better so i don't mean impact as far as the Chart but how memorable the records are

Pump It was a bigger hit and there is no way Push It is more memorable, Hustlin is debatable.
  • ShadyTeam
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Rick Ross himself isn't a an Artist or a good Artist in the technical sense every Rapper is an Artist they are recording Artist in the technical sense but if we talking about Artist in the true sense of the word

Rick Ross uses the Rapper formula rather than a good Artist formula

Rick Ross will get a Singer or a Vocalist to feature on the majority of his Song's to do the Hook

Rick Ross Ross will predominantly Rap about hustling coke

Rick Ross while get big namer Producers

But he is still a better Artist than Joe BUdden cos he makes better Album's, Song's and Singles than Joe Budden and his Music is listened by so many more people in general
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Tears of Joy was alright no doubt.

I will admit Joe doesn't have any albums as good as Ross solo records, but Budden is a much better artist in every way.

What kind of sense does this make. So you admit that Ross has released better music, but your hate for Ross still leads you to say that Buddens is better in every way? How could it be every way when even you admit that Ross' music ? on Budden? Yall net ? are HALARIOUS...You hate a ? so much that even though you give them credit for making better music, you still say someone else is better...

Getwitcha
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Pump It was a bigger and there is no way Push It is more memorable, Hustlin is debatable.

if pump it up was so big y is joey a ? rapper now??? his rap career is goin NOWHERR lol..
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You will find more people actually play Rick Ross Music worldwide where as people outside the Internet do not really listen to Joe Buddens Music

You say this like it's a fact.
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Tell me what impact did Hustlin and Push It have?

Pump It Up was a bigger hit than anything Ross ever released based on numbers.

Co-signs

somebody please post a song by Rick Ross that flow wise and production wise is ? with even that song
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2010
    Options
    if pump it up was so big y is joey a ? rapper now???

Circumstances in his situation. Here is a fact both Ross and Budden have 1 gold album.
  • BillDance
    BillDance Members Posts: 1,008
    edited September 2010
    Options
    according to this thread..LL Cool J and Too Short must be the goats due to number of albums released.

Why is shadyteam comparing 2 completely dif rappers? One who flopped in the mainstream because the kind of music he makes is too serious/complicated for these young club clowns..the other is a gimmick who's success is due to production and his gimmick that people idolize "the big coke hustlin boss sittin under a palm tree sippin on champagne".

budden> ross
  • ShadyTeam
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It's just a formula that makes you less talented IMO

You get features for your Hook's most the time, get big name Producers, Rap Verses about predominantly the same thing
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Buddens is in the realms of Papoose, Siagon and few others I could name, Ross is higher up the Hiphop tree.

DefJam tried with Budden along with other labels, but he cant catch a break.

Ross is still gettin DefJam love and and will probably release his 5th album under them.

CanIbus is a dope rapper but the masses don't give a ? , Budden is going down a similar road, it wasn't that long ago he was only releavent cause of Tahiry.

Ross on the other hand lied thru his teeth, then lied some more whilst releasing good music.
  • ShadyTeam
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What kind of sense does this make. So you admit that Ross has released better music, but your hate for Ross still leads you to say that Buddens is better in every way? How could it be every way when even you admit that Ross' music ? on Budden? Yall net ? are HALARIOUS...You hate a ? so much that even though you give them credit for making better music, you still say someone else is better...

Getwitcha

I have to agree he makes no sense
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    Co-signs

somebody please post a song by Rick Ross that flow wise and production wise is ? with even that song

This has to be a joke...Bwahahahaha....

Getwitcha
  • ShadyTeam
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You say this like it's a fact.

You can ask others on the IC too cos Joe Budden is not a Rapper the masses listen to in public really
  • ShadyTeam
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This has to be a joke...Bwahahahaha....

Getwitcha

Every Rick Ross Single has had Production that is so much superior to Pump It Up and Rick Ross Flow is better than Joey's Flow
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You can ask others on the IC too cos Joe Budden is not a Rapper the masses listen to in public really

Have you been everywhere to know this as a fact? You are talking out your ass as usual.
  • refcortez
    refcortez Members Posts: 377 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    joe budden>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any rapper
  • ShadyTeam
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Have you been everywhere to know this as a fact? You are talking out your ass as usual.

Well i did say ask other posters on here if they heard people play Joe Buddens Music in public where they live and ask if they hear Rick Ross Music being bumped consistantly

As far as where i live i've never heard anyone play Joe Budden's Music even once in public but i have heard many people play Rick Ross records