FoxNews.com runs "Obama listens to Gangsta Rap, OMFG BE AFRAID WHITE PEOPLE!!!" story

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in The Social Lounge
New Rolling Stone interview with Obama:

What music have you been listening to lately? What have you discovered, what speaks to you these days?

My iPod now has about 2,000 songs, and it is a source of great pleasure to me. I am probably still more heavily weighted toward the music of my childhood than I am the new stuff. There's still a lot of Stevie Wonder, a lot of Bob Dylan, a lot of Rolling Stones, a lot of R&B, a lot of Miles Davis and John Coltrane. Those are the old standards.

A lot of classical music. I'm not a big opera buff in terms of going to opera, but there are days where Maria Callas is exactly what I need.

Thanks to Reggie [Love, the president's personal aide], my rap palate has greatly improved. Jay-Z used to be sort of what predominated, but now I've got a little Nas and a little Lil Wayne and some other stuff, but I would not claim to be an expert Malia and Sasha are now getting old enough to where they start hipping me to things. Music is still a great source of joy and occasional solace in the midst of what can be some difficult days.

So of course.....

foxnation.jpg

Now, a normal person would read the above and conclude that our President has varied and eclectic musical tastes, of which rap is but a part. Furthermore, even as a middle-aged white guy, I'm well aware that the term "rap" covers a lot of ground, and cannot be easily categorized.

But this is Fox we're talking about, and if nothing else, they know their audience. Immediately underneath the quote, there follows a couple of YouTube clips of rappers Lil Wayne and Nas, and it doesn't take the Fox denizens in the comments long to get the message:
"These are the guys whom you will see at the November polling places."
Looks like all that ooga-booga about The New Black Panthers wasn't in vain. Mission accomplished.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/9/28/906155/-New-NBC-WallStreet-Journal-Poll:-Good-News-for-Democrats

Fox deleted the news story later.

lol @ Obama sending Styles P & Beanie Sigel to polling places to ? up Tea Party voters

lol @ Obama saying "some other stuff" to hide his love for B.M.F

wtf @ Rethuglicans not resorting to this the first time he said he owned a copy of American Gangster

:tu @ Obama bumping Distant Relatives

Comments

• And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    He listens t Jay Z and Nas. I wonder who he thinks won the battle?

I wonder if he lip syncs and get's up like he is on stage with the hand gestures while listening to Ether while in the Oval Office? You know all Black man do that ? .

Politics aside, How cool is it to have a President who bumps Stillmatic and Hard Knock Life?

Ha ha. The President stepped his rap game up!
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    damn

even the President knows Jay washed up on the mic

NaS won

(no doubt his respect for ? 's son went threw the roof once he heard "Sly Fox" )
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    I wonder if he lip syncs and get's up like he is on stage with the hand gestures while listening to Ether while in the Oval Office? You know all Black man do that ? .

LMAO @ the President noddin his head whisperin "Slowly LOADIN up my AMMO to EXPLODE it on a CAMEL" before abruptly ripping out the earbuds to greet a dignitary
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    swiffness! wrote: »
    lmao @ the president noddin his head whisperin "slowly loadin up my ammo to explode it on a camel" before abruptly ripping out the earbuds to greet a dignitary

lol........
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I used to think Ether was better than Take Over, but in hindsight...Take Over is a much better song. When I listen to Ether now the beat is really annoying, but Nas does go tough on Jay...Until, you put in the Take Over and all that hype ends.

I know he had to dig PE since he was up in Do The Right Thing kicking it to Michelle.
  • IC's Patrick Bateman
    IC's Patrick Bateman Members Posts: 536
    edited September 2010
    Options
    he's been on record before saying he listens to 50 and Eminem but i guess it's not safe at all to say that now that he's the pres.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    oliverlang wrote: »
    I used to think Ether was better than Take Over, but in hindsight...Take Over is a much better song. When I listen to Ether now the beat is really annoying, but Nas does go tough on Jay...Until, you put in the Take Over and all that hype ends.

I know he had to dig PE since he was up in Do The Right Thing kicking it to Michelle.

What?!?!?!? Beat is annoying? C'mon son. That Beat makes you want kick babies and acknowledge racial differences.

Takeover isn't even better than the Stillmatic Freestyle.

He said H to izzo, M to the Izzo, fashizzle you so phony the rapper version of Cisco! haaaa! Jay lost that one. No man really.

You know he was bopping to this before he met with Netanyahu
  • oliverlang
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What?!?!?!? Beat is annoying? C'mon son. That Beat makes you want kick babies and acknowledge racial differences.

Takeover isn't even better than the Stillmatic Freestyle.

He said H to izzo, M to the Izzo, fashizzle you so phony the rapper version of Cisco! haaaa! Jay lost that one. No man really.

You know he was bopping to this before he met with Netanyahu

C'mon son...do you really want me to quote takeover...when he was coming at more than one person! and yes...the Ether beat was okay when i first heard it, but after hearing it 10 times it is annoying and sounds like someone made it on a casio keyboard...however, The Take Over beat was always hot even before it was sampled when The Doors was playing it 30 years ago. How many quotables were the result of THIS song? I don't recall any quotables from Ether.

I also slept on this when it first came out...but he gets mad personal on Nas...lol.

LMAO at Jay bringing in the "all i really know is your hoe wants to be with me and she ain't playing, she creeps with me between the sheets." lol.

For the record I'm not saying that NAS or Ether is WACK...I'm just saying after the hype of the resurrection of NAS was over (which was the real hype), Jay got the best of him when all is said and done.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ? the Neo-Con.. and tea party sympathesers.. ? them as a staff.. a movement and a political party.. if youu down with them ? you to..... ? sarah palin.. ? rush limbauge.. ? shawn hannity.. ? glenn beck ... dont one of yall ? have a kid with a child out of wedlock.... ? around and trip while on dancing with stars or something.
  • oliverlang
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ? the Neo-Con.. and tea party sympathesers.. ? them as a staff.. a movement and a political party.. if youu down with them ? you to..... ? sarah palin.. ? rush limbauge.. ? shawn hannity.. ? glenn beck ... dont one of yall ? have a kid with a child out of wedlock.... ? around and trip while on dancing with stars or something.

tupac > nas and jay lol

I want to know if Obama was rocking to Pac...he had to.
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    damn

even the President knows Jay washed up on the mic

NaS won

(no doubt his respect for ? 's son went threw the roof once he heard "Sly Fox" )

co-sign Nas Won
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    co-sign Nas Won

Lol @ "Nas Won". I find that to be paradoxically hysterical. because not only am I not used to seeing that phrase being uttered often. but on top of its scarce usage, its as if those two terms dont seem like they belong together. Seeing as how im so conditioned to seeing the direct inverse of that same phrase being mentioned so many times in various occasions
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Obama probably can't name more than 3 songs from the rappers he named.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    C'mon son...do you really want me to quote takeover...when he was coming at more than one person! and yes...the Ether beat was okay when i first heard it, but after hearing it 10 times it is annoying and sounds like someone made it on a casio keyboard...however, The Take Over beat was always hot even before it was sampled when The Doors was playing it 30 years ago. How many quotables were the result of THIS song? I don't recall any quotables from Ether.

No quotables from Ether? No quotables from Ether? No Quotables from Ether? Man they should strip you of your modship. Man the whole rhyme was a quotable.

Ether is now in the American lexicon. He made them change the definition. Nobody says you got " Take Overed"

And Jay was made to utter these words concerning the battle. "Because even in defeat there is a valuable lessoned learned so it evens it up for me"
    also slept on this when it first came out...but he gets mad personal on Nas...lol.

LMAO at Jay bringing in the "all i really know is your hoe wants to be with me and she ain't playing, she creeps with me between the sheets." lol.

The last desperate act of a dying man.
    For the record I'm not saying that NAS or Ether is WACK...I'm just saying after the hype of the resurrection of NAS was over (which was the real hype), Jay got the best of him when all is said and done.

Jay is my dude but he got his ass handed to him. So much so he doesn't even respond to disses anymore. I think they call it Post-traumatic Ether disorder.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Lol @ "Nas Won". I find that to be paradoxically hysterical. because not only am I not used to seeing that phrase being uttered often. but on top of its scarce usage, its as if those two terms dont seem like they belong together. Seeing as how im so conditioned to seeing the direct inverse of that same phrase being mentioned so many times in various occasions

LOL.

Nas is my favorite, but when I saw Ktulu do the alphabet in his avi and subsitute the Letter L with Nas, I fell out laughing.
  • oliverlang
    edited September 2010
    Options
    No quotables from Ether? No quotables from Ether? No Quotables from Ether? Man they should strip you of your modship. Man the whole rhyme was a quotable.

Ether is now in the American lexicon. He made them change the definition. Nobody says you got " Take Overed"

And Jay was made to utter these words concerning the battle. "Because even in defeat there is a valuable lessoned learned so it evens it up for me"

The last desperate act of a dying man.

Jay is my dude but he got his ass handed to him. So much so he doesn't even respond to disses anymore. I think they call it Post-traumatic Ether disorder.

Okay maybe i was wrong about the no quotables with ether lol...he did change the definition of Ether with Ether...but lyrically, there are more quotables in Takeover...two off the top of my head is, "We don't believe you, you need more people" and "You made it a hot line, I made it a hot song." Also, Nas was lying like a micky ficky in his disses...just like jay said, Nas didn't see a dime of that sample, MC Search got paid for that voice sample...and Nas running around saying he got money from it lol...that's about as bad as Clinton saying she was giving a speech under enemy fire, or O'Donnol saying she went to Oxford. lmao. Nas Lost.
  • oliverlang
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Obama hates Black people, unless you're a Minstrel or Buffoon;

[

do you really believe this?
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Wont say who won or lost, but Ether made Jay a changed man imo. Nas did his homework and extra credit on that track.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Okay maybe i was wrong about the no quotables with ether lol...he did change the definition of Ether with Ether...but lyrically, there are more quotables in Takeover...two off the top of my head is, "We don't believe you, you need more people" and "You made it a hot line, I made it a hot song." Also, Nas was lying like a micky ficky in his disses...just like jay said, Nas didn't see a dime of that sample, MC Search got paid for that voice sample...and Nas running around saying he got money from it lol...that's about as bad as Clinton saying she was giving a speech under enemy fire, or O'Donnol saying she went to Oxford. lmao. Nas Lost.

Nas wasn't lying with a lot of things he said. He did want Nas on his song, Brooklyn Finest it was supposed to be New York Finest. He did bite Jaz. And he is a notorious biter, from lyrics, to concepts, to styles. You name it he bit it. Jay was stretching the truth a bit too.

But in the end, they battled went at it. Nobody lost their lives and they made peace like grown men. They both won in a way..............................................Except on the rhyme tip, Nas merked him. LOOOOOOOOL
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    tupac > nas and jay lol

I want to know if Obama was rocking to Pac...he had to.

Most overrated great rapper of all time. Nobody was calling him the goat when he was alive. He was dope. But he was one dimensional. He proved it when he was on stage with Big, Kane and Shyhiem. He was out of his lane.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Most overrated great rapper of all time. Nobody was calling him the goat when he was alive. He was dope. But he was one dimensional. He proved it when he was on stage with Big, Kane and Shyhiem. He was out of his lane.

One dimensional......................
  • JackAssInTheBox
    JackAssInTheBox Members Posts: 1,230 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ? at least he aint listening to country. everyone knows people who listen to that ? have a greater chance of committing suicide. ? wouldve bodied himself one the pressure got overwhelming.
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    One dimensional......................

Young Black male angst.........................
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Why am I seeing Jay Z hate in the Social Lounge? Is this the Reason? SMH@ saying nas was dropping truth in Ether. And dude is right that Ether beat is overhyped like ? . it was cool but I was leaning back with that Takeover. Jay was the only one dropping personals and we all know that's a primary weapon in any beef. Get this ? boy ? outta here. ? Fox News too, and yes I do gotta Jay quote in my sig
  • And Step
    edited September 2010
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    Why am I seeing Jay Z hate in the Social Lounge? Is this the Reason? SMH@ saying nas was dropping truth in Ether. And dude is right that Ether beat is overhyped like ? . it was cool but I was leaning back with that Takeover. Jay was the only one dropping personals and we all know that's a primary weapon in any beef. Get this ? boy ? outta here. ? Fox News too, and yes I do gotta Jay quote in my sig

Wrong son. In battles it not just about what you say but how you say it. If my rhymes were superior, then I win. Simple as that. Hip Hop 102. You ? been watching too much 8 mile and think battling is about insults and personals. Thats a part of it, but the main part is who spit the nicest rhyme.

Nobody hates Jay Z that is childish. I like Jay personally, it's just he got melted by Nasir Jones on the mic.

And Ether sounds way better in a sound system than that slowed down Doors beat.