The Personal Foul/Unnecessary Roughness Rule Is Gettin Outta Hand

2»

Comments

• iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Kushington wrote: »
    wtf

I wasnt even aware they got rid of the crackback, are you talkin bout the nfl or D1

I remember coaches telling us to do that ?

smh

man ? yeah...D-1 but yeah like wtf am i supposed to do let the ? catch the ball come down gather himself and then hit him...? no...*POW* ......flag...thats one that annoyed me specifically because of my position...but that Brady rule is the worst of the worst
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    iAMNOVA wrote: »
    man ? yeah...D-1 but yeah like wtf am i supposed to do let the ? catch the ball come down gather himself and then hit him...? no...*POW* ......flag...thats one that annoyed me specifically because of my position...but that Brady rule is the worst of the worst

it's not saying you gotta do that...but if a player jumps in the air, misses the ball, what's the point of running full speed to flip him over? so he can land on his back?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Kushington wrote: »
    thats a good point but i dont mean 20 yrs ago, I mean 20 regular season games ago, this ? changes game to game, these refs is callin ? like its the NBA.....people(including refs) can tell when somebody is trying to intentionally trying to hurt somebody and when the defender is just trying to make a play

90% of intentional injury plays occur after the play, or its somebody holding onto a facemask, throwin a chopblock too high, helmet to helmet,etc, in this season the refs want the offense to have more of an advantage, for more points, because offensive players are more marketable than defensive players

Its all about money, they dont care about safety, football is an unsafe sport, if they wanted safety, they'd play tennis

but some of the normal hits are just as dangerous...take teh ? back block...WR's weren't built like T.O., Ocho Cinco, Hines Ward etc...them doing a ? back block today is different than it was before...leave that ? legal and you're going to get alot more concussions cuz players are going to continue to get bigger, faster, and stronger...especially since nobody in the NFL ever wraps up on a hit they just thrown their body into the other player
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    iAMNOVA wrote: »

see i never liked playing defense, it wasnt fresh enough for a fly ? such as myself, although i did take a couple picks to the house when i did play corner, but my point is, if im an offensive player, im completely aware of the dangers involved, the defense are goons, they wanna hurt you,they supposed to hurt you, you gotta be smarter, as an offensive player, not depending on the refs
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    yeah I seen some ? in a college game with OU last weekend. Seen our guy get a 15 yard penalty for literally hand slapping a QB's facemask immediately after he threw the ball which to me was a sign of good restraint because the defensive guy didnt absolutely destroy the QB.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    What i don't get is, if a mf is tackling properly and yall are around the same height, there is gonna be some helmet to helmet contact. Plus if a defender is lunging towards the defender and following through, it's gonna be contact. You can't hit a mf below the knee, you can't hit them in ht head, and you can horse collar. Why is it ok for a offensive player to stiff arm then?