Who Will Admit to Having Watched Brokeback Mountain?

IC's Patrick Bateman
IC's Patrick Bateman Members Posts: 536
edited October 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
i was in the other thread posting on the greatest actors and someone was trying to debate against Heath Ledger but at the same time admitting to refusing to watch his Best Actor Oscar nominated (robbed) performance in Brokeback Mountain.

i'm gonna be real with ya'll because i don't care what you think.. that movie changed me a little bit. never before, or really since, have i felt empathy for ? . i was like you freely hating on homos but this movie is one of the few movies i've ever seen that i can say changed my outlook a little bit in real life. this movie is beautiful in a lot of regards besides having 2 bi-sexual characters and all the hype is there for a reason - it's a really good movie and you should dare yourself to watch it. i never would have but thankfully my lady forced me to sit down and watch it as it's one of her favorite movies, in the end i'm thankful she did. i know you're insecure so rent it and watch it with your lady as an excuse for her, you might hate it or you might actually be moved by it, in any case it will make her happy that you're open minded and rented something she'll likely really enjoy.

like dude in the other thread though, you can't speak on the actor of our generation or whatever if you can't put Heath Ledger's performance in this movie in the equation. your loss if that's the case.

Comments

• Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited September 2010
    im a movie buff

im not afraid to say i watched a movie. the film was pretty decent too. i felt bad for heath ledger's wife who saw that ? thru the window and was jus crushed.
    that aint never the way you wanna find out a secret.
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    never seen it, i know whats it about but...i think i will have to pass
  • destro1
    destro1 Members Posts: 622 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    LOL think this is aimed at me, to be honest it just looks boring to me...If it was a man and women staring in it i would not watch it just from the trailer..i applaud heath and the other dude for taking the role , i dont like Jake G films either so that was also a factor.

I have no problems with ? people so that didn't effect me to the point this film must be great because it is about ? love and its edgy....also Heath Ledger made 2 great films...and a knights tale!! its like saying Orlando Bloom is a great actor because he was in Lord of the rings
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    T-Rel wrote: »
    never seen it, i know whats it about but...i think i will have to pass

cosign, like dude said though if it was a man and a woman I still wouldnt be interested
  • IC's Patrick Bateman
    IC's Patrick Bateman Members Posts: 536
    edited September 2010
    i think you're being mislead thinking it's a romance, i don't really view it that way. it's more like just a story of two regular guys that happened to get involved in some ? ? and how it affected them for the rest of their life. i don't even view the movie as having a pro-? agenda or anything it's really objective.. it's a contrast between two different types of ? experiences, one guy being ? but unable to really live that lifestyle in the open so it's about his struggles to fit into normal society and social constructs - and the other not really being ? just having a bi-sexual experience and being kinda haunted by it through-out his life and having to learn how to come to terms with it. idk there's no romance per say because two guys in such a relationship behave a lot differently than with a female it's more like a powerful friendship that's really complicated - both are married as well so there's a lot of interesting contrast with how they deal with females who tend to be needy and annoying.

it's an interesting film but not for everyone, appreciate the replies though. above all the movie is a testament to how insanely talented Heath Ledger was as an actor, after watching this it put actors like Leo DiCaprio and Johnny Depp in a different perspective for me because neither has come close to anything like this Ledger was just on another level.
  • destro1
    destro1 Members Posts: 622 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    i think you're being mislead thinking it's a romance, i don't really view it that way. it's more like just a story of two regular guys that happened to get involved in some ? ? and how it affected them for the rest of their life. i don't even view the movie as having a pro-? agenda or anything it's really objective.. it's a contrast between two different types of ? experiences, one guy being ? but unable to really live that lifestyle in the open so it's about his struggles to fit into normal society and social constructs - and the other not really being ? just having a bi-sexual experience and being kinda haunted by it through-out his life and having to learn how to come to terms with it. idk there's no romance per say because two guys in such a relationship behave a lot differently than with a female it's more like a powerful friendship that's really complicated - both are married as well so there's a lot of interesting contrast with how they deal with females who tend to be needy and annoying.

it's an interesting film but not for everyone, appreciate the replies though. above all the movie is a testament to how insanely talented Heath Ledger was as an actor, after watching this it put actors like Leo DiCaprio and Johnny Depp in a different perspective for me because neither has come close to anything like this Ledger was just on another level.

I'll be honest i do think Johnny depp is over rated.... Yeah he does weird films but it seems he just makes weird films and it hides his acting skills....
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    the media hyped it up like it was a bunch of ? sex going on; but it was only one scene
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I liked Brokeback Mountain.

I would label it a romance though, /drama. The main characters are ? , but the movie is about a forbidden love – romance. I wasn’t into the hype when it first came out, but I give all movies a chance. I thought it was a touching story.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010
    I watched it, thought it was a good movie.
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I watched it, thought it was a good movie.

• ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    i watched part of it, never seen it all the way through
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    never had an intrest in it. not cuz of the ? ? but it jus didnt look interesting
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Im guilty of watching "the Notebook" with my girl. it wasnt as bad as i had thought but still sappy as ? .

But i havent seen "Brokeback"....cant say i never will but its not on my radar as of now
  • death187sin
    death187sin Members Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Such gayness in this thread..