SMH...think about all the legends who never got a ring because of the bull's run

ysl313
ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Barkley, Malone, Stockon, Gary Payton, Ewing, Penny, Reggie, etc.

so many dudes either had to wait until jordan was gone or retire without a ring yet were actually great, hall of fame worthy dudes [MAYBE Penny minus the injuries]

Comments

• Miami6
    Miami6 Confirm Email Posts: 1,290
    edited September 2010
    born at the wrong time man................smh..jordan destroyed their legacies ...............................

penny had his shot in 1995.........
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    lmao @ ? dreaming about championships, then the sky turns dark and jordan shows up and snatches the ring
  • Miami6
    edited September 2010
    smh...and payton had to wait a looooooong time though...from 1996 finals to winning in 2006............
  • ysl313
    edited September 2010
    think about how good half these dudes was

stockon was one of the GOAT point guards, his assit numbers were crazy

malone has scored the second most amount of point in league history, at about 13,000 points.

Reggie was the GOAT three point shooter

and this ? jordan just came through on some

Nah, no NI66AS!!! ?
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    ysl313 wrote: »

stockon was one of the GOAT point guards, his assist numbers were crazy

malone has scored the second most amount of point in league history, at about 13,000 points.

Nah, no NI66AS!!! ?

And Steals Also...
  • Miami6
    edited September 2010
    what happened in 1999? to malone/stockton...i wish malone and stockton had made it to the finals in 1999......that was their best shot in the nba to win it............
  • ysl313
    edited September 2010
    And Steals Also...

dude was the definition of a pur epoint guard. he kept his opponent working extra hard to check him and play against him and made plays effortlessly

thats somethign steve nash needs to learn, since the one thing people hold him on is his liability as a defender
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010

stockon was one of the GOAT point guards, his assit numbers were crazy

Nah, no NI66AS!!! ?

u kno stockon and malone tried so hard to win a ring...malone even joined the super lakers but they lost

reggie...idk i jus never thought he'd get 1. we wont even talk about what he went thru n the 90's then he ran into the lakers n 2000.
  • ysl313
    edited September 2010
    Miami6 wrote: »
    what happened in 1999? to malone/stockton...i wish malone and stockton had made it to the finals in 1999......that was their best shot in the nba to win it............

Spurs happened
  • ysl313
    edited September 2010
    Datdude87 wrote: »
    u kno stockon and malone tried so hard to win a ring...malone even joined the super lakers but they lost

reggie...idk i jus never thought he'd get 1. we wont even talk about what he went thru n the 90's then he ran into the lakers n 2000.

it's crazy how good they were yet never won. as a pistons fan, that tayshaun prince block was amazing..but probably was the definition of reggies career...right when he's about to end it, he gets the ring smacked out of his fingers

and malone has to be salty...joined the super lakers and ost to a east team with no A list star...? watched his daughter get a ring before him, and SHE PLAYED FOR DETROIT

sick ether
  • Miami6
    edited September 2010
    Spurs happened

i know...but it was a short season..i wish utah had one more run int them but they got tooooooo old...........
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    it's crazy how good they were yet never won. as a pistons fan, that tayshaun prince block was amazing..but probably was the definition of reggies career...right when he's about to end it, he gets the ring smacked out of his fingers

and malone has to be salty...joined the super lakers and ost to a east team with no A list star...? watched his daughter get a ring before him, and SHE PLAYED FOR DETROIT

sick ether

good times....
  • Miami6
    edited September 2010

sick ether

man..that laker team was on sum ? that year....even though the WON game 2 f the finals..u could tell that they were NOT together at all.....that was a waste........
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Only one that deserved a ring was Barkley...the rest of them ? 'em they should have balled harder
  • Datdude87
    edited September 2010

sick ether
    peagle05 wrote: »

ah...yes...back when times were good....but to stop this from becoming a piston reminiscent thread...
    u cant really add gary payton cuz he got a ring...even though 10 years prior to that, he lost it to that bulls buzzsaw.
  • Datdude87
    edited September 2010
    Ibex wrote: »
    Only one that deserved a ring was Barkley...the rest of them ? 'em they should have balled harder

i think stockton and malone deserves it but u think charles deserves 1 more than them? they played for utah for dam near 20 years...AINT A DAM THING IN UTAH BUT SNOW AND AIR.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    peagle05 wrote: »
    lmao @ ? dreaming about championships, then the sky turns dark and jordan shows up and snatches the ring

Jackin ? championship rings like Stinkmeaner lol
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    i think stockton and malone deserves it but u think charles deserves 1 more than them? they played for utah for dam near 20 years...AINT A DAM THING IN UTAH BUT SNOW AND AIR.

I like stockton and malone but they had no chance the Bulls were just way more athletic...But that suns team should have won Barkley,KJ, Thunder Dan...and they had O.Miller and Richard Dumas before they ? their careers up
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    It's ? up cuz bumb ass players that got no burn on championship teams would brag about their ring to those guys. JEFF AXEL remembers when Barkley said Scott Williams off the bulls would say I gotta ring and you don't
  • ysl313
    edited September 2010
    It's ? up cuz bumb ass players that got no burn on championship teams would brag about their ring to those guys. JEFF AXEL remembers when Barkley said Scott Williams off the bulls would say I gotta ring and you don't

i don't know who jeff axel is but scott williams telling barkley that ? is fuxed up
  • Datdude87
    edited September 2010
    Ibex wrote: »
    I like stockton and malone but they had no chance the Bulls were just way more athletic...But that suns team should have won Barkley,KJ, Thunder Dan...and they had O.Miller and Richard Dumas before they ? their careers up

i feel you...i jus think that utah as state...sucks. but that suns team...dam they had a few weapons. the only thing about the utah team is they had 2 chances...2 back to back chances...but it was the same outcome. 5 teams had chance...seattle, LA, portland, PHX and utah...twice and they couldnt capitalize
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    damn homie
    jordan came thru like hurricanes do
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    That ? Jordan average 41 points on the Suns. Real talk that 98 Pacers Team took the Bulls to the brink Jordan and Pippen both drop 40 points in that game 7. Jordan willed those teams to victory.
  • 7 DAY THEORY CDATISR
    7 DAY THEORY CDATISR Members Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2010
    u mad?????????????????/
  • Miami6
    edited September 2010
    i feel you...i jus think that utah as state...sucks. but that suns team...dam they had a few weapons. the only thing about the utah team is they had 2 chances...2 back to back chances...but it was the same outcome. 5 teams had chance...seattle, LA, portland, PHX and utah...twice and they couldnt capitalize

utah was their strongest finals opponent.....i was rooting for them in 98 but I knew they were NOT gonna make it...u could just tell............