True or False: Machete > The Expendables

Options
ysl313
ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
????????????????

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They both were pretty underwhelming, the scene with the automatic/AA-12 shotgun in the Expendables saved the movie

Machete was kinda boring
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I actually liked The Expendables, that has one of my favorite movies in 2010.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    machete was bad ass, but im sad to say i never saw the expendables.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I aint seen The Expendables, but I liked Machete. I dont see why people on here seemed disappointed with it, what did u expect when u saw the trailer?
  • Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited October 2010
    Options
    the expendable was kinda "aye"... kinda boring and didnt really have great memorable action scenes... the releasing of the fuel then torching the dock was kinda cool... sly always have red dead redemption "dead eye" eye with that pistol was nice but... if you can do that,,, why cant you solve any damn situation on your own then

machete was that over the top madness. dude swung out of a window with someone's intestines!!!!!!!!!!!

how i know machete is badass????
    my girl luved the expendables... it had a good and a cool chick in the mix
    but halfway thru machete she said"bae,this has too much blood and action in it... what is this supposed to be about"

women havent said those word since the 90's
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I thought both were dissappointing but I liked the Expenables more than Machete.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Preferred Expendables............maybe the nostalgia hit me. lol
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Machete was more entertaining...

Expendables was the better movie overall though.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    lol! what nostalgia ? ?
    They were only on screen together for a total of 15 minutes!!! the expendables should have been Rambo. now thats a team shootem up movie for the old school...

Why promote the movie in the manner they did when only statham and sly got all the screen time???

Charisma Carpenter had more screen time then most the cast... and we saw her 3 times maybe?

The nostalgia of just seeing some of these guys on screen again, even if it was just a couple seconds. I'm old, lol, but these are the stars I grew up on (80's).
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    steven segal is a beast in machete
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2010
    Options
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    i mean i'm old too, but i was greatly disappointed... they promised fire works but didn't deliver, and it felt like the movie was rushed, all them outta work ass actors in that movie and you gonna tell they needed to rush?
    But I mean I get where you coming from... it was good to see them on screen. it just would have been nice to see them on screen together.

Thing is, I've been watching a bunch of old movies lately with these guys: Commando (Shwarz), Once Upon a Time in China and Tai Chi (these were before Jet Li came to America), Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels (before Statham came over), Die Hard, Rocky III. But yea, the movie did not deliver as expected.

Funny thing is that Staham's receding hairline has remained the same between 1998 and 2010
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    was more of a fan of machete
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'll say this....Machete was ? as ? . But, there were times where the movie just didn't make sense, especially the end.

At least The Expendables stayed cohesive with tier plot, and they have some serious ass-kickin in it, too.

I'm still getting both when they come out on DVD, but I'd say Expendables>Machete.
  • big_chris67
    big_chris67 Members Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I just watched both tonight (bootleg) Expendables was the better movie. Machete was more ? but was corny as hell. Machete was a movie you would get high and trip off of, Expendables was actually a kinda cool action movie and not like other action movies where you can predict whats about to happen all thru the movie