Charles Barkley: Check yourself

Options
Red Raven
Red Raven Members Posts: 1
edited September 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Charles Barkely does get paid for his opinion, however he still ought to check himself, seeing as that with all of his baggage (literally and figuratively) he's hardly one to judge another's actions. Barkley has a tendency to talk out of both sides of his mouth. Case in point, most fans forget that Chuckles cried and belly-ached his way out of Philadelphia and was subsequently traded to the Phoenix Suns in the summer of 1992 while he was in his prime at 29. This was long before his less-than-memorable stint in Houston. And the last time I checked, 29-year-old Hall of Fame athletes are not over the hill, they're at the top of the hill. So, all this talk by Chuckles is quite cheap. He could no longer stomach being the "man" in Philadelphia, so he took his big butt to Phoenix so he could play with one of the top 10 players in the NBA at that time in Kevin Johnson. Like D-Wade said, Chuck, look in the mirror first next time before you pop off at the mouth.

The bottom line is that you're not truly a championship-caliber squad when your best player is your best scorer, your best assist man, your best rebounder, your best defender and has the highest, if not the second highest field goal percentage on your team. The Cleveland Cavaliers should have known this for years and I'm certain that LeBron James understood this quite well, which is why he raised the hell on out of Cleveland. I don't agree with the manner in which LeBron left, but be it far from me that I demonize the man. As much as his critics dismiss LeBron as being a self-absorbed, self-entitled loser of an athlete, it says even less about the manner in which his once, so-called fans have behaved. Shake yourselves, people. You've all got a lot of hatred inside of you to the point that you all need Christ in the worst possible way. And that goes for your so-called "passionate" Cavaliers' owner who made a total ass of himself by showing his true colors to the world.

In conclusion, every great player needs other great players to win championships in team sports. This isn't golf or tennis, the last time I checked. Ask the great Bill Russell how many championships he would have won had he not played with six Hall of Famers during his legendary tenure in Boston? Ask Kareem Abdul Jabbar if he would've won those rings playing without Oscar Robertson and then Magic Johnson and vice versa? Ask Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen if they had better playing careers playing with or without each other? This stupid argument that the sports media throws out there about the importance of being "the man" for gullible fans to eat up is exactly that--stupid. My old man used to say: concentrate first on being a man and handling your responsibilities. Once you become a man in this regard, then you're automically "the Man." Substance over hype any time.

Comments

• Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    1993 top 10 nba players no order

1.MJ
    2.Shaq
    3.Barkley
    4.K.Malone
    5.Hakeem
    6.David Robinson
    7.Drexler
    8.Pippen
    9.Stockton
    10.Ewing
    11.Dominique
    12.Larry Johnson
    13.Alonzo Mourning
    14.Gary Payton
    15.Shawn Kemp

No KJ. barkley left philly cuz they weren't even trying to get better he was approaching his prime.He went to the suns and made them instant title contenders
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    you signed up to say that.
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    1993 top 10 nba players no order

1.MJ
    2.Shaq
    3.Barkley
    4.K.Malone
    5.Hakeem
    6.David Robinson
    7.Drexler
    8.Pippen
    9.Stockton
    10.Ewing
    11.Dominique
    12.Larry Johnson
    13.Alonzo Mourning
    14.Gary Payton
    15.Shawn Kemp

No KJ. barkley left philly cuz they weren't even trying to get better he was approaching his prime.He went to the suns and made them instant title contenders

Thats 15 b
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The season needs to start, i'm tired of all this talking.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    where did all the barkley hate come from
  • Miami6
    Miami6 Confirm Email Posts: 1,290
    edited September 2010
    Options
    TNT pays barkley 2 million a year to talk that ? ...thats a damn good post retirement job for real...
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited September 2010
    Options
    blank.. wrote: »
    Thats 15 b

Exactly homie said barkley went to phoenix to play with a top 10 player in kevin johnson he was good dont get me wrong kj was slept on but was he better than any of them 15? Nah
  • playmaker88
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Barkley been opinionated long before TNT fam.
  • iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Thats 15 b

*dead* .
  • blank..
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Miami6 wrote: »
    TNT pays barkley 2 million a year to talk that ? ...thats a damn good post retirement job for real...

I dont give a ? how much he making he wifed this up..

charles-barkley-and-wife1.jpg
  • playmaker88
    edited September 2010
    Options
    another mans wife.. dont got ? to do with you or anything else though.. charles barkley is a pradox inside of a box that rocks though.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

? look like Jessica Simpson in 30 years
  • blank..
    edited September 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    ? look like jessica simpson in 30 years

ahahahahahahahahahahahhahhaaahaha
  • playmaker88
    edited September 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    ? look like Jessica Simpson in 30 years

Better than Nicole Brown Simpson.. if they run out of food
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I remember when Chuck left town. He explained to the Philly media that he was tired of the Sixers' mgmt at the time being too cheap to get him any help. Think about it; Dude went from playing in Philly with Dr J and Moses Malone to players like Armon Gilliam, Charles Shackleford, etc. He forced his way outta here in order to play for a contender. He always said that he'd rather had remained in Philly, but the ownership was giving him ? players to run with and he felt that they weren't committed to winning.

On another note, Barkely does need to ? on Lebron. He's hating on Lebron for doing EXACTLY what he did when he went to Houston in order to play with Drexler and Pippen; he wanted to win a ring and went where he thought he could get one. Karl Malone and Gary Payton did the exact same thing with the Lakers.

As a player, of course you want your individual shine. But let's be real, who doesn't wanna win some chips and be forever remembered in history? Chris Bosh and Lebron took less money to sign with Miami in order to try to win a championship. The way things were going, neither was gonna win one anytime soon in Cleveland and/or Toronto.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I remember when Chuck left town. He explained to the Philly media that he was tired of the Sixers' mgmt at the time being too cheap to get him any help. Think about it; Dude went from playing in Philly with Dr J and Moses Malone to players like Armon Gilliam, Charles Shackleford, etc. He forced his way outta here in order to play for a contender. He always said that he'd rather had remained in Philly, but the ownership was giving him ? players to run with and he felt that they weren't committed to winning.

On another note, Barkely does need to ? on Lebron. He's hating on Lebron for doing EXACTLY what he did when he went to Houston in order to play with Drexler and Pippen; he wanted to win a ring and went where he thought he could get one. Karl Malone and Gary Payton did the exact same thing with the Lakers.

As a player, of course you want your individual shine. But let's be real, who doesn't wanna win some chips and be forever remembered in history? Chris Bosh and Lebron took less money to sign with Miami in order to try to win a championship. The way things were going, neither was gonna win one anytime soon in Cleveland and/or Toronto.

Pippen went to houston after barkley was already there.They were all 34+ which is old in nba basketball.Karl malone and GP were 38 and 35 when they went to the lakers.

What part do u ? not get? Colluding wit your friends to play together and getting traded are 2 different things joining a team clearly past your prime on the downside of your career aint the same

Teams purged their rosters,gave up draft picks and gave away players just to have a chance to sign ONE of these ? when it was a plan all along

Lol @ 'less money' so they took 110 instead of the MAX 120 they coulda got wit no state taxes it evens out over time.Taking less is a 40 mill contract when u coulda got 120
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    iAMNOVA wrote: »
    *dead* .

Damn ? where u been? Lol nh
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

lol black celebrities stay ? with becky's.
  • Miami6
    Miami6 Confirm Email Posts: 1,290
    edited September 2010
    Options

but he ? hoes on his off days...and his main chick still stays wit hi,..its a WIN technically........
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Pippen went to houston after barkley was already there.They were all 34+ which is old in nba basketball.Karl malone and GP were 38 and 35 when they went to the lakers.

What part do u ? not get? Colluding wit your friends to play together and getting traded are 2 different things joining a team clearly past your prime on the downside of your career aint the same

Teams purged their rosters,gave up draft picks and gave away players just to have a chance to sign ONE of these ? when it was a plan all along

Lol @ 'less money' so they took 110 instead of the MAX 120 they coulda got wit no state taxes it evens out over time.Taking less is a 40 mill contract when u coulda got 120

you know ya post bout to get ignored right.....
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited September 2010
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    you know ya post bout to get ignored right.....

Yup ? would rather talk about barkleys wife than actual facts
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yup ? would rather talk about barkleys wife than actual facts

yeah it really separates the shock threads/posters from the intellectual folk