Yo wtf is up with New Englands defense?

Options
usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Why are they so garbage, particularly their corner backs? It seems to me they don't have those guys like Harrison or Bruschi who can make that big play or stop if they wanted to. Seriously, how in the hell do you make the Jets and Buffalo style on you with below average quarterbacks?

Comments

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Darius Butler is a certified ? , especially after the way he got sonned by ? Braylon Edwards. They have a lot of youth on that side of the ball and no dominate pass rusher. Only legit players they have are Wilfork, Mayo, and sometimes Merriweather.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    wheres ty law at when you need him??
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    and Belichek is a defensive mastermind, is what ESPN said a few days ago...smh...I think its the way they operate, going the cheaper rate instead of paying ?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    They are garbage though...lol@letting the bills go up and down the field on you
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yeh their defense caught up with them, its their first major weakness in a while.

They lost Bodden, which hurt them.

I dont know why they got Patrick Chung starting at safety.

I thought Devin McCourty was the weak link?

They just suck ? this year.
  • lord nemesis
    edited September 2010
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    They are garbage though...lol@letting the bills go up and down the field on you

? 's disgusting b. And like somebody else just said, them ? is mad cheap. Even though Assante Samuel jumps way too many damn routes they certainly should have paid that ? . Also Bill is overrated when it comes to drafting. Patriots have had their share of busts the last few years
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Why are they so garbage, particularly their corner backs? It seems to me they don't have those guys like Harrison or Bruschi who can make that big play or stop if they wanted to. Seriously, how in the hell do you make the Jets and Buffalo style on you with below average quarterbacks?

the bolded...plus they dont pay anyone cept Brady big money

and i think Sanchez will prove to be better then below average
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    When you can't video tape the other teams plays, its hard to stop them.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    that Arcade ? Bout to come up in here with Mad Paragraphs kicking and Screaming.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    that Arcade ? Bout to come up in here with Mad Paragraphs kicking and Screaming.

lmao..........
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited September 2010
    Options

? that ? and the patriots...we just calling it like we see it, ne patriots defense is soft.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    SMH @ the SportsCentre fans

It doesnt take a genius to figure out what the problem with NE defense is.

They have 8 players on their defense that are starting in NE for the first time. The only 3 "veterans" on D are Mayo (3rd yr), Meriweather (4th year, and also benched this season), and Wilfork.

All the Patriots Defensive players were old around the same time. Bruschi, Harrison, Seau, Vrabel, Colvin. I guess the only ones they didnt pay were Asante (wasnt worth it IMO), and Seymour they got a good deal for (I still wouldve kept him tho)
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ? that ? and the patriots...we just calling it like we see it, ne patriots defense is soft.

Yea they are. They got 6 players starting on defense that are in their 1st or 2nd year. It's called rebuilding. The fact that NE is rebuilding and still a playoff contender is whats impressive.

Dont worry, Pitts will lose Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton, James Harrison, James Farrior, and some key back ups all around the same time just like NE did. It happens to every team.

and your D aint ? without Polamalu.
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yea they are. They got 6 players starting on defense that are in their 1st or 2nd year. It's called rebuilding. The fact that NE is rebuilding and still a playoff contender is whats impressive.

Dont worry, Pitts will lose Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton, James Harrison, James Farrior, and some key back ups all around the same time just like NE did. It happens to every team.

and your D aint ? without Polamalu.

Over the years we drafted well to make sure our defense stay strong...i doubt if we fall off like the new england spy gates
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    all of their good/great players in the back 8 have either retired or moved on, and they've yet to be replaced.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Over the years we drafted well to make sure our defense stay strong...i doubt if we fall off like the new england spy gates

Only one that's looked good so far is Woodley (great pick), but the other picks on D havn't proven ? yet. that ILB you guys took in the mid-1st, and Ziggy Hood aint doin much. The OLBs taken are all mid-round projects so the jurys out on em.

Its not easy to replace NT, DE, OLB, and ILB in a 34 through the draft, when 95% of the players are used to playing the 43.

Pitts rebuilding process will be worst than the Pats. Belichick was smart and stockpiled draft picks, so the rebuilding process is almost done and we've been competitive the entire time. I mean we got 5 solid starters on Defense out of this and last years draft alone (Brace, McCourtey, Spikes, Cunningham, Chung).

Plus Oaklands pick this year which will be in the Top 5-10, and Carolinas 2nd rd pick which will be about #35 overall. We're in a good spot, all we need is an OLB.
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Darius Butler is a certified ? , especially after the way he got sonned by ? Braylon Edwards. They have a lot of youth on that side of the ball and no dominate pass rusher. Only legit players they have are Wilfork, Mayo, and sometimes Merriweather.

the rookie devin mccourty is pretty nice too

but in their defense they did lose their best corner in leigh bodden so of course it was going to hurt

nobody thought it was going to hurt this MUCH though
  • lord nemesis
    edited September 2010
    Options
    kAjUn wrote: »
    the rookie devin mccourty is pretty nice too

but in their defense they did lose their best corner in leigh bodden so of course it was going to hurt

nobody thought it was going to hurt this MUCH though

Yeah, McCourty actually shows a lot of promise. He certainly dosen't play soft like Butler
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    All I know is... I'm glad I have Brandon Marshall on my fantasy team this week.
  • kAjUn
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yeah, McCourty actually shows a lot of promise. He certainly dosen't play soft like Butler

yea wasn't darius with prime training for the combine?

smh @ prime not teaching that nicca nothing

dude is athletic as fucc

but he's always out of position

and the pats still have pass rushing problems

? hurted them big time when adalius decided to go m.i.a b/c he got fat off his money

? just sped the rebuilding process up
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yea McCourty has played Terrell Owens, Lee Evans, and whoever NYJ's WR was, and didn't give up many yards. He's looking like a solid pick and will start on our D for many years.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yea wasn't darius with prime training for the combine?

smh @ prime not teaching that nicca nothing

dude is athletic as fucc

but he's always out of position

and the pats still have pass rushing problems

? hurted them big time when adalius decided to go m.i.a b/c he got fat off his money

? just sped the rebuilding process up
    that's the biggest Issue

Cunningham has flashed some potential already. He gets good push and a nice speed rush, I think he can be a solid starter. One of them good but not great type OLBs. Like a Shaun Phillips or Anthony Spencer.
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    they'll be ightt, their just young and its early yet
  • kAjUn
    edited September 2010
    Options
    that's the biggest Issue

Cunningham has flashed some potential already. He gets good push and a nice speed rush, I think he can be a solid starter. One of them good but not great type OLBs. Like a Shaun Phillips or Anthony Spencer.

so why is he not starting yet?

cunningham>>>>>>ninkowateva

nink is a solid tackler

i remember him from college and he was a pretty good pass rusher

but he's not a pass rusher in the 34
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited September 2010
    Options
    so why is he not starting yet?

cunningham>>>>>>ninkowateva

nink is a solid tackler

i remember him from college and he was a pretty good pass rusher

but he's not a pass rusher in the 34
    Cunningham started last week.

Pressured the QB into making a stupid throw that got Intercepted by Chung.

Speaking of which, I think Chung will be the best player on our Defense. He's looked better than anyone else on D this year and it's his first time starting.