If carmello anthony was smart he would sign wit the LA Clippers next summer

Options
Tommy Billfiger
Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
They have 17.08 million in cap space

SF is the only position they need to upgrade

LA got the weather,his wife can do whatever she want and the lakers will be falling off and a clippers team wit melo can compete wit the lakers Right now.

Dont demand a trade just play ball and go to the clippers next summer and they will face the heat in the 2013,14 finals

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ehhhh.........
  • Miami6
    Miami6 Confirm Email Posts: 1,290
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i dont trust that clippers owner....the minute melo gets there...one of their core guys will be traded.............thats NOT an owner to trust....or play for...
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    agreed. i heard talk about them giving up kaman and aminu, but if he waits a year he can play with them

kaman
    griffin
    melo
    gordon
    baron davis

thats a tough 5
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    melo never demand a trade ? , the media is full of ? ......car just refuse to sign the extension...n the team assume he's gonna pull a bron...so they tryin 2 trade him...
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Him and Paul will end up in NY together with Amare, I'm sure of that ? now. When they were saying it after the Miami thing I was like I don't know, but then they both end up on trade blocks, Melo already said either NY or Chi. I see them three joinin up in NY.
  • Miami6
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    agreed. i heard talk about them giving up kaman and aminu, but if he waits a year he can play with them

kaman
    griffin
    melo
    gordon
    baron davis

thats a tough 5

baron davis is on the downside................too injury prone.....
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Griffin Has Never Played So u Dont know What he can actually Do in the NBA...

And How Many Years Does Baron Davis Actually have left?
  • Dick Shitman
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Miami6 wrote: »
    baron davis is on the downside................too injury prone.....

if he had that team around him, he wouldnt have to be baron davis of old
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think Melo's headed East
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yea he wants to get traded to Ny or the bulls this year but realistically the knicks dont have enough and the simpleton bulls wont give up noah

So just play the season out and bounce as a FA next summer.The knicks,nets and clippers will have enough cap space to sign him why go to ny or nj when you ca go to the clippers in a weaker west?
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Why are some of these potential free agent Players so Damn Hyped about the Knicks???....seems like they're more all for it because of what comes with it and not the actual team..
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The Clippers would find a way to ? up a team with Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Tim Duncan and Bill Russell.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Why are some of these potential free agent Players so Damn Hyped about the Knicks???....seems like they're more all for it because of what comes with it and not the actual team..

never understood that. i know ny is a great city and all that, but the knicks havent really did anything in my life time or a lot of these FA's lifetime
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think the NY appeal right now is because they think they can make their own big three, there more marketing there, and it's a system where you don't have to play defense. And 90% of the league would rather put up 25 shots and lose rather then play lockdown defense for 5 minutes and win.
  • Miami6
    edited September 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    The Clippers would find a way to ? up a team with Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Tim Duncan and Bill Russell.

LOL..............so true...
    aint that owner a racist or some ? like that.....i cant remember the details but they said he ? up black people's houses and ? .....
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited September 2010
    Options
    if I was a Free Agent i wouldnt wanna Play For Mike D'antoni, he's One of the most overrated coaches to me, His Teams Dont play a Drop of defense, you'll never win a championship as long as he your head coach.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Espn is biased for the east coast super heavy thats why the knicks are always talked about.Knicks been garbage forever they are the modern day clippers,t wolves etc

They suck but it seem like every fa wants to play there.Lebron proved that wasnt true even tho they hyped him goin to nyc since 2007

Melo prolly wants to play in dantonis system more than anything

To be fair I think the bulls get hyped too much also
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Espn is biased for the east coast super heavy thats why the knicks are always talked about.Knicks been garbage forever they are the modern day clippers,t wolves etc

They suck but it seem like every fa wants to play there.Lebron proved that wasnt true even tho they hyped him goin to nyc since 2007

that May be True bout the Bulls But i'll take my chances any Day right now with the Bulls over the Knicks, Bulls Got Some Damn Nice Pieces.....they missing another True Scorer, ? is okay but he not gonna put them over the top, but at least they have the pieces and it makes sense

i just never saw it about all this Knicks Hype, they got all the same ? type of players damn near...and a overrated coach
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited September 2010
    Options

I think the bulls hype is warranted though, they have had some very good pieces the last few years. If Heinrich and Deng played consistently for them in the past they could have made noise in the playoffs. Imagine if Deng and Heinrich played consistent in that Boston series a few years back, y'all would have won that.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    With the Knicks and NY they treat their star players like ? 's and if you win a championship in NY you are forever immortalized. Eli is overrated as hell to me yet they treat him like he is on Peyton's level. Patrick Ewing didn't even win a ring and he is ? in NY.

With the Clippers it wont be the same.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    He should sign with the nets harris, morrow, melo, favors, Lopez. Then you got murphy, williams, farmar, outlaw, and james off the bench. Nets have a solid young squad we're just looking for that star to take us over the edge
  • Miami6
    edited September 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »

....thats why it will be stupid for melo to even consider clippers....they will always be lakers little brother..even if Lakers become a dormat team..........
    nothing in thier history has proven they want to be consistent in winning.....i am sure when its time to pay up blake griffin..the owner will let hium go....
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    As a Clippers fan for life, some of the responses here lack NBA knowledge and thats evident.

Also, I'm not commenting on ? because nothing is even close to happening yet.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited September 2010
    Options
    that May be True bout the Bulls But i'll take my chances any Day right now with the Bulls over the Knicks, Bulls Got Some Damn Nice Pieces.....they missing another True Scorer, ? is okay but he not gonna put them over the top, but at least they have the pieces and it makes sense

i just never saw it about all this Knicks Hype, they got all the same ? type of players damn near...and a overrated coach

I been sayin this for years,the whole 'NYC mecca' ? .Im tellin you I made a thread last year basically askin wtf make NY the mecca and why are the knicks always talked about? ? was heated that thread would not die
    I think the bulls hype is warranted though, they have had some very good pieces the last few years. If Heinrich and Deng played consistently for them in the past they could have made noise in the playoffs. Imagine if Deng and Heinrich played consistent in that Boston series a few years back, y'all would have won that.

Yea Deng didnt play in that series he was hurt out for the season(AGAIN) but yea I think if we still had hinrich or gordon then added the fa's we got the bulls would be legit.I dont see why people are pickin em so high but I hope im wrong
    jamacia wrote: »
    With the Knicks and NY they treat their star players like ? 's and if you win a championship in NY you are forever immortalized. Eli is overrated as hell to me yet they treat him like he is on Peyton's level. Patrick Ewing didn't even win a ring and he is ? in NY.

Who cares about being treated like ? in Ny? Its about winnin period the clippers have a better squad than the knicks and if melo goes there he and durant can compete for the west for the next 4-5 years
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    nobody ? with the clippers...