Dmn So President Obama Can't Like Rap?!?

freshfromatl
freshfromatl Members Posts: 559
edited October 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
SMH...? (Fox News) find fault in everything this dude does. Lol...If President Obama were to say he liked BLT, the tea party would organize a boycott on bacon SMH. But hell it is what it is...The "supposedly" fair and balanced right-wing gang absolutely loathe this man. I guess this is what their viewers (? racists) want them to do and they know it. So Ratings first I guess; because responsibility, accuracy and integrity don’t get advertising dollars...

*shrugs*

Comments

• allreasoned_out
    allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Fox is right about this one.
  • freshfromatl
    edited September 2010
    Fox is right about this one.

Explain....
  • PlatinumStylez
    PlatinumStylez Members Posts: 383
    edited September 2010
    Howard dean said his favorite music group of all time was the fugees, nobody said anything.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    why he cant listen to rap, its his choice of music.
  • allreasoned_out
    edited September 2010
    Explain....

Well, I take that back because I don't know why FOX has a problem. But with all of the harmful effects of hip hop culture, no black leader -- much less black president -- should be co-signing that stuff. Just my opinion.
  • freshfromatl
    edited September 2010
    jamacia wrote: »
    why he cant listen to rap, its his choice of music.

That's what I'm saying...lol them ? even had the nerve to call Nas a "Gangsta" rapper LMAO (no shots @ Nas but still).
  • freshfromatl
    edited September 2010
    Well, I take that back because I don't know why FOX has a problem. But with all of the harmful effects of hip hop culture, no black leader -- much less black president -- should be co-signing that stuff. Just my opinion.

I see what you saying and I can only respectfully disagree with you because you have a legitimate reason behind your logics. But them ? just heard him mention a few rappers names and it was off to the races SMH. Like seriously, these ? called Nas a "Gangsta" rapper, which lets me know that they have no logic whatsoever behind their actions. Only another tactic to get the masses riled-up.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010

you have a problem with him listening to Nas? Wayne, I see your point but Nas? really?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    That's what I'm saying...lol them ? even had the nerve to call Nas a "Gangsta" rapper LMAO (no shots @ Nas but still).

out of touch old white men
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    man when ever they say a rappers name they always use the introduction of Gangster Rapper. For example they'll say Gangster Rapper Sean P Diddy Combs I'm like really, forget that he's a successful business man.
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    nope. rap music is for big scary ******s.
  • allreasoned_out
    edited September 2010
    you have a problem with him listening to Nas? Wayne, I see your point but Nas? really?

I only listened to a couple of his early albums, but yes, Nas is unacceptable. From what I recall he rapped about street life with no evident disapproval -- if anything, the opposite is true. It doesn't really matter what Nas went on to do, since Obama makes no distinction between what is acceptable in Nas's catalog and what is not. Moreover, Obama has gone on record saying that he listens to Jay-Z, a man who is basically made his money rapping about drug dealing. He is most definitely not someone black boys should be looking up to. So Obama signaling his approval of Jay-Z by publicly saying that he listens to him is unacceptable. Indeed, from the perspective of a race man like myself (for whom racial progress is of supreme importance) it is unforgivable.
  • Djunior
    Djunior Members Posts: 851
    edited September 2010
    I only listened to a couple of his early albums, but yes, Nas is unacceptable. From what I recall he rapped about street life with no evident disapproval -- if anything, the opposite is true. It doesn't really matter what Nas went on to do, since Obama makes no distinction between what is acceptable in Nas's catalog and what is not. Moreover, Obama has gone on record saying that he listens to Jay-Z, a man who is basically made his money rapping about drug dealing. He is most definitely not someone black boys should be looking up to. So Obama signaling his approval of Jay-Z by publicly saying that he listens to him is unacceptable. Indeed, from the perspective of a race man like myself (for whom racial progress is of supreme importance) it is unforgivable.

Like I told you sell drugs (no)/ hov did that so hopefully/ you wont have to go thru that - Jay-Z
  • allreasoned_out
    edited September 2010
    Djunior wrote: »
    Like I told you sell drugs (no)/ hov did that so hopefully/ you wont have to go thru that - Jay-Z

That's more or less irrelevant. One or two lines can't undo what everyone can see: a dude who sold drugs, rapped about it and became rich, got the girl and (as a fan) the president. If you think one line can undo that you're naive.
  • Djunior
    Djunior Members Posts: 851
    edited September 2010
    That's more or less irrelevant. One or two lines can't undo what everyone can see: a dude who sold drugs, rapped about it and became rich, got the girl and (as a fan) the president. If you think one line can undo that you're naive.

Nah I just think people give entertainers too much credit.
  • boom
    boom Members Posts: 2,083 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    the problem w/ Obama is that he's black.. black men don't have the priviledges white men do.. Howard Dean 1) is white so he can say his favorite movie was the fugees and 2) he isn't The President so muhfuckas really don't care about what's going into his ears... Obama needs to learn how to be more choicey with what he reveals to the public.. ? too worried about bein personable & liked by the people..
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Who cares what Fox think, their outdated ass and the Republican party are gonna get their ass whipped in the next election again. Mf's are so out of touch with the youth it doesn't make any sense, that's why the Republican party is fragmented.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    who the hell cares. he's president and they cant vote his black ass out so ? them.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Djunior wrote: »

"I'm living proof that crime do (sic) pay" -Jay-Z
  • boom
    boom Members Posts: 2,083 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    my big kuntry king interview... [video] http://bit.ly/9iNmXd[/video]
  • smokelahoma
    edited September 2010

thats the thing, u aint heard nothin but Illmatic and It Was Written. check out some of Nas new ? like the Untitled album or Distant Relatives with Damien Marley. If that ? aint acceptable then I dont know what is.
  • simplyspeaking
    simplyspeaking Confirm Email Posts: 2,195
    edited September 2010
    ain't fox news republican owned ???
    the fact that Pres. Obama's still breathing is an issue to them.
  • smokelahoma
    edited September 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Who cares what Fox think, their outdated ass and the Republican party are gonna get their ass whipped in the next election again. Mf's are so out of touch with the youth it doesn't make any sense, that's why the Republican party is fragmented.

I agree but I dont think they are gonna get whipped in the next election like you think. Many youth aren't gonna go out and vote again because they have been pretty much ignored in Obama's 2 years so far.
  • Oneblackrose2hi
    Oneblackrose2hi Members Posts: 401 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    ain't fox news terrorist funded???
    the fact that Pres. Obama's still breathing is an issue to them.

...*fixed...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    I agree but I dont think they are gonna get whipped in the next election like you think. Many youth aren't gonna go out and vote again because they have been pretty much ignored in Obama's 2 years so far.

I don't think you give the youth enough credit, they know what the other options are on the republican party (war mongers and tax cut to the wealthy, not to mention outdated mentality when it comes to ? rights, civil rights,etc). You also have to factor in the latino vote, don't think for one second they aren't paying attention to the Arizona immigration issue, and how the republican party is pushing for it.