***DUI Support Group***

Options
The Prime Minister
The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
Have you, or anyone you know, suffered the undignified charge of Driving Under the Influence, Driving While Ability Impaired, Driving While Intoxicated, etc.?

Post in this thread to share your grief, how you got through it, or how you're dealing with it now.

Word.

mission-bicycle.jpg

Comments

• huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    my brother got one a few years back. no real damage done
  • Miami6
    Miami6 Confirm Email Posts: 1,290
    edited September 2010
    Options
    my uncle is such a ? that the judge forced him to put an alcohol tester device into his car..... anytime he has to enter his car..he blows into an alcohol tester...and if he is over the limit....his car wont start.....

downside is he could get somebody to blow into it..but if he drves and his caught under the influence....he will be in jail again........for a longer time
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    knock on wood ive never been busted and i literally drink and drive. ill pick up one of my boys, we get a couple 40s or a case of beer and just drive around. we burn cruise too, so when i turned 21 it was just a natural progression.
  • Moment.of.Silence
    Moment.of.Silence Members Posts: 1,144 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i dont understand how people get caught doing this let alone get into serious accidents..i pay more attention because i know im ? ..maybe thats the difference??..
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    got one when i was 16

can you relate to my not give a ? -ness?
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? a damn D.U.I. I got one last year for some ? ass PRESCRIPTION pills that I was prescribed that was found in my blood stream when I got into a minor fender ? . Court costs and lawyer fees were over $2000, and I was still found guilty. It was a waste of time and $ even getting a lawyer. My liscence is gone for a year. My insurance rate is gonna be ? for i don't even know how long. And the situation really made me hate cops even more than I aleady did. Cause the cracka cops lied on me in court, twisted my words around, and exageratted everything! Real talk, I aint NEVER speaking to another cop in my life. Plus I gotta pay another $100 for a alcohol/substance abuse class. And another $75 to get my liscence back at the DMV. ? is expensive as hell. Don't ever get a DUI, because it will ruin your life on sooooooo many levels it's not even funny.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? a damn D.U.I. I got one last year for some ? ass PRESCRIPTION pills that I was prescribed that was found in my blood stream when I got into a minor fender ? . Court costs and lawyer fees were over $2000, and I was still found guilty. It was a waste of time and $ even getting a lawyer. My liscence is gone for a year. My insurance rate is gonna be ? for i don't even know how long. And the situation really made me hate cops even more than I aleady did. Cause the cracka cops lied on me in court, twisted my words around, and exageratted everything! Real talk, I aint NEVER speaking to another cop in my life. Plus I gotta pay another $100 for a alcohol/substance abuse class. And another $75 to get my liscence back at the DMV. ? is expensive as hell. Don't ever get a DUI, because it will ruin your life on sooooooo many levels it's not even funny.

Got dayum son....... that's ? up.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? got one in 06. I was dropping my boy off in the white club hopping part of town (Rush and Division Chicago Heads know). Got pulled over because I slowed down (cause of stop vehicle procedure to slow down traffic) really because I'm a ? driving a Land Rover. Long ass story short

1,250.00 Towing and Storage (had to wait until Monday to get it too)
    4,000.00 Lawyer
    275.00 Towing and repair because they pulled the pin under my truck because of the 4 wheel drive and they didn't have a flat bed. Basically I couldn't put my truck in drive.
    250.00 Alcohol Evaluation Test (test showed I was a social drinker)
    1,100.00 Court Cost (got supervision because I tested good, license was not suspended)
    250.00 20 hrs of Alcoholic class
    300.00 Monthly visit to Court Case supervisor for a year
    100.00 Bail in Pike County Illinois because my license was revoked because the Courts showed I didn't pay my fine (reason for stop ? in a 98% ? county)
    250.00 Court fine in the court because they said I should have known my license was revoked
    75.00 To bring the case back up to clear my license and reinstate my license.

Grand Total A lot of ? money take a cab take it from me.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    naw...but im more alert when im ? (behind the wheel). never got a dui *Knocks on wood* and i usually have a cup of whatever im sippin on in the car. thats at the beginning of my drinking for the night though...i finish that and keep it movin. no cups in the car after that though
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    luckily the couple times I drove wasted it was real late and it wasnt' too many cars out

I don't like driving ? I'd rather sober up first
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited October 2010
    Options
    GTFOH, u paid for a lawyer and still had to pay all of that ? ? it's folkz that dont even have a public pretender(defender). they just go plead guilty by theyself and still only pay those exact fees. minus that 4 grand for a lawyer.

I laughed.......
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    one of my boys got caught up...? wasn't cool....i try to avoid drinking and driving.. but i still do it, i'm supr careful though...i only crashed my car once drinking....and i was still able to get it back t the house without having to let anyone know
  • Bwoahmizzee
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I remember one time me and homeboy got pulled over ( he was driving ) and both of us were wasted

the crazy part was the cop didn't even lock my homeboy up he just asked me if I had a license and I was like yeah

he ran my license and told me to drive and get my homeby home safe

the whole time I'm thinking " Muthafucka I'm prolly drunker than him out this ? "

but yeah we made it home safe
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    GTFOH, u paid for a lawyer and still had to pay all of that ? ? it's folkz that dont even have a public pretender(defender). they just go plead guilty by theyself and still only pay those exact fees. minus that 4 grand for a lawyer.

Ya I paid for a lawyer. I don't qualify for a Public Defender and the DUI is not on my driving record.
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited October 2010
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Ya I paid for a lawyer. I don't qualify for a Public Defender and the DUI is not on my driving record.

J-Gutta wins!
  • stilldat_dude
    stilldat_dude Members Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I gotone when i was 22 but my lawyer got it reduced to reckless driving so i ain't have to pay ? except her but I know ? now 5 grand deep into classes and test and got the car breath ? set up too. That ? ain't no joke
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If you drink and drive, its just a matter of time. You may think you more alert and more careful. All that dont matter when you can get pulled over for the smallest thing and then its over. My boy got one while i was in the car with him. We both were drinking. Cop said he pulled him over because his tint looked too dark. Come to find out the tint wasnt too dark, but "have you been drinking sir, step out the car"...and then its all over from there. smh!!!

Getwitcha
  • Bwoahmizzee
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I know somebody who had to use the breathalizer ? to start the car up

first time I seen it I was like wtf
  • Bwoahmizzee
    edited October 2010
    Options
    you're usually on point, but this post is off...if he hadn't have paid, he'd have a DUI on his record.

not arguin that he still had to seriously come outta pocket with all the extra (I'm not understanding all that either, but haven't had a chance to really read erythang)...but there's no DUI on his record.

exactly

lawyer fees and all that extra ? might cost a lil bread

but having a clean driving record....................priceless
  • The Prime Minister
    edited October 2010
    Options
    If you drink and drive, its just a matter of time. You may think you more alert and more careful. All that dont matter when you can get pulled over for the smallest thing and then its over. My boy got one while i was in the car with him. We both were drinking. Cop said he pulled him over because his tint looked too dark. Come to find out the tint wasnt too dark, but "have you been drinking sir, step out the car"...and then its all over from there. smh!!!

Getwitcha

Real ? . A random ? could run a red light and t-bone your ass, but since you've been drinking it's YOUR FAULT.

Don't drink and drive kids.
  • The Prime Minister
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i'm just saying you didn't need a lawyer period.

? !

Count:1
    Severity: Misdemeanor Traffic
    Offense: DRIVING WITHOUT VALID LICENSE
    Disposition: Dismissed
    Sentence:

Count: 2
    Offense: DRIVING WITHOUT PROOF OF INSURANCE
    Sentence:

Count: 3
    Severity: Misdemeanor
    Offense: DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE
    Sentence:

Count: 4
    Offense: DUI PER SE
    Sentence:

Count: 5
    Offense: CARELESS DRIVING
    Disposition: Guilty
    Sentence: $485 Restitution, 10 Days Electronic Monitoring, 1 Year Probation, 24 Hours Community Service, $700.50 Costs and Fines. 05/08/2009 60 Days Jail Imposed. 05/12/2010 60 Days Jail to Be Served.

Count: 6
    Offense: DRIVING WHILE ABILITY IMPAIRED
    Disposition: Guilty
    Sentence: $485 Restitution, 10 Days Electronic Monitoring, 1 Year Probation, 24 Hours Community Service, $700.50 Costs and Fines. 05/08/2009 60 Days Jail Imposed. 05/12/2010 60 Days Jail to Be Served.