Is Scottie Pippen Top 5 SF Alltime?

Options

Comments

• Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ibex wrote: »
    Whether he's better then Nique is a matter of opinion...but Grant Hill? C'mon son...six good seasons can't equate to Scottie's entire career...I'm thinking you basing this off if Hill was healthy but he wasn't..You gonna play the "If" game Antonito McDyess would have been a 10 time allstar "If" he wasn't hurt

NO

Grant hill was a better ball handler,passer,rebounder and shooter.Only thing pippen had on him was defense.Grant hill dominated pippen when they played

Small sample ? outta here dont ever mention pippen in the same category as Grant Hill
  • Miami6
    Miami6 Confirm Email Posts: 1,290
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Only cuz grant hill never got to play wit MJ and scottie didnt break his ankle in his prime and have 4 surgeries on it

Grant hill To me is a better player,but pippen gonna have the better career cuz of the titles

man...i have never seen a ? hate a player so deep he refuses to give him credit...pip has had a better career period NOT just the titles...but he was an overall balanced player..and he would have made it to HOF without MJ.......b/c of his abilities
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    NO

Grant hill was a better ball handler,passer,rebounder and shooter.Only thing pippen had on him was defense.Grant hill dominated pippen when they played

I will give you passing and rebouding, Shooter HELL No Grant could never shoot, and Handle? You do realize Pip was the Point-Foward for 6 championship teams right?
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I will give you passing and rebouding, Shooter HELL No Grant could never shoot, and Handle? You do realize Pip was the Point-Foward for 6 championship teams right?

Grant Hill is 1 of the best mid-range shooters I've ever seen son, and you do realize Doug Collins used to let Grant Hill run point for the Pistons right?.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Pippen was a horrible shooter.I've never seen a basketball player get overrated so much

You do know he shot 41,42% wit Jordan getting double teamed right? While grant hill shot 47,48,49 While HE WAS DOUBLE teamed
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Only cuz grant hill never got to play wit MJ and scottie didnt break his ankle in his prime and have 4 surgeries on it

Grant hill To me is a better player,but pippen gonna have the better career cuz of the titles

The only thing ill give you is that Grant would have had a higher ppg then scottie cause he was a #1 scoring option but everything else pippen would have beat him
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Pippen was a horrible shooter.I've never seen a basketball player get overrated so much

You do know he shot 41,42% wit Jordan getting double teamed right? While grant hill shot 47,48,49 While HE WAS DOUBLE teamed

Pippen never averaged that low of a fg% until his last year in the league
  • Ibex
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Grant Hill is 1 of the best mid-range shooters I've ever seen son, and you do realize Doug Collins used to let Grant Hill run point for the Pistons right?.

Well I guess you never watched Richard Hamilton or Jeff Hornaceck play then...and running point during the reg season is one thing, but running the point during playoff competition or the finals and running it well consistently is a whole other ball game
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Only thing pippen got on grant hill is the rings and defense. Everything else grant ? on him. Grant was a triple double machine
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Pippen never averaged that low of a fg% until his last year in the league

You right I was lookin at his playoff FG %'s which makes it worse he was horrible in the playoffs
    Well I guess you never watched Richard Hamilton or Jeff Hornaceck play then...and running point during the reg season is one thing, but running the point during playoff competition or the finals and running it well consistently is a whole other ball game

Jeff hornacek was sg he was 6'3 Wtf
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited September 2010
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »
    Only thing pippen got on grant hill is the rings and defense. Everything else grant ? on him. Grant was a triple double machine

Exactly all these scottie fanboy fuckos are biased grant hill is one of the best Players at his position Ever
  • Ibex
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You right I was lookin at his playoff FG %'s which makes it worse he was horrible in the playoffs

Your man Millz said Grant Hill was the best mid range shooter he ever saw...I just thought he should google those guys
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options

? you a straight Pippen hater Pippen made it possible for wing players to bring the ball up who do you think Grant Hill model his game after??? Pippen led the the Bulls in every catergory when Jordan left for that season and a half. Pippen did it all. ? are Point Forwards because of Scottie Pippen point blank period.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited September 2010
    Options

Grant's Fg average is just slightly better only because pippen played in far more playoff games
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Iight my bad I thought you was sayin Sf's

I think its a travesty when players like Dominique wilkins get left off the top 50 but pippen gets added thats ?

He also was not better than grant hill except on defense and grant use to bust his ass its easy to shutdown derrick mckeys and nate mcmillans but grant and penny use to give him problems

Penny dropped 38 on him in game 1 of the 96 east finals go look it up where was this GOAT shutdown D? ? be overratin him
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Check pippen's stats from 99 on......after jordan he never averaged more than 14 ppg. His prime was from 90-98. Grant's prime was from 94-00. During their respective primes grant was better. Pippen just got the hype because of playing with jordan.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ? you a straight Pippen hater Pippen made it possible for wing players to bring the ball up who do you think Grant Hill model his game after??? Pippen led the the Bulls in every catergory when Jordan left for that season and a half. Pippen did it all. ? are Point Forwards because of Scottie Pippen point blank period.

SO?

Grant hill put up 21 9 and 7 and shot 50% AS THE MAIN ? for several years.What is u sayin?

Pippen aint nothin but a product of Playing with The GOAT and the triangle offense system ass ? .He aint no leader thats why he acted like a ? when phil aint give him the rock.Even phil jackson knew it

If pippen played on the kings,or sonics he woulda been a G ass version of derrick Mckey imo

Sorry
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Check pippen's stats from 99 on......after jordan he never averaged more than 14 ppg. His prime was from 90-98. Grant's prime was from 94-00. During their respective primes grant was better. Pippen just got the hype because of playing with jordan.

angryman bringing heat and FACTS.Its a wrap Open ya'll eyes stop believing the hype and Watch the game

Pippen is the ultimate coattail rider if he never played wit MJ we might not of ever heard of this guy
  • MillzOG
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Your man Millz said Grant Hill was the best mid range shooter he ever saw...I just thought he should google those guys

I said "1 of the best mid range shooters I ever saw"
  • WhoisDonG???
    edited September 2010
    Options
    SO?

Grant hill put up 21 9 and 7 and shot 50% AS THE MAIN ? for several years.What is u sayin?

Pippen aint nothin but a product of Playing with The GOAT and the triangle offense system ass ? .He aint no leader thats why he acted like a ? when phil aint give him the rock.Even phil jackson knew it

If pippen played on the kings,or sonics he woulda been a G ass version of derrick Mckey imo

Sorry

Bro if I got you to the playoffs and leads the team in everything and Phil tell me I'm going let Tony take the final shot. I be ? too.
  • MillzOG
    edited September 2010
    Options

/thread .
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    scotties better than nique? bron? ?
  • WhoisDonG???
    edited September 2010
    Options

Grant Hill midrange game was never like that but his slashing ability and moves to the basket off the dribble were amazing.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited September 2010
    Options

Grant only averaged 20 ppg twice during his prime and one of those dont count cause he missed 30 games
  • Ibex
    edited September 2010
    Options

That still is blaspheme...I can name 50 mid range shooters better than grant hill and you said that ? was one of the best you saw?...Really??