Monogamy is Unnatural..... thoughts?

Options
D-Marco
D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
There's the real life look at relationships.....

Then there's the more scientific/biological look at it

Both say the same things in different ways... Thoughts? Plus the chick in the first vid bad so u should watch on that alone.

I agree that the ? isnt natural but we do it because society made it a cultural norm.

Comments

• shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yes, it's unnatural. Maybe there should be more of a prompt for this thread. There's really not a lot to say. It's obviously not natural.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Banned Location: Locaton: Location:Posts: 0
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • shootemwon
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sperling wrote: »
    let the sexism begin....

and just cause you don't think its natural it doesn't mean it doesn't have its benefits. its not like animals are out there getting ? .

Of course not, you know what the H in ? is for right, ? ?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Its a stupid poor justification for trife behavior.. those are my thoughts ? the videos
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Banned Location: Locaton: Location:Posts: 0
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The_African
    The_African Members Posts: 174
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Whether or not monogamy is desirable has nothing to do with it's "naturalness".
  • D-Marco
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well what im trying to say is:

women and men go back and forth on this issue. It always turns into women saying that men say this for the sole purpose of wanting to ? other females like its a superficial and selfish want...not a biological need. And there are always implications made that men are dogs and use this logic to justify it.

So what Im saying is there is actually biological proof and evolutionary proof that this is the way things are and the men who are in committed relationships arent somehow "BETTER" they are just making a conscious decision to go against nature.

Before the comments...I dont condone cheating. I advocate open relationships or at least letting people know that you are seeing other people.
  • shootemwon
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Its a stupid poor justification for trife behavior.. those are my thoughts ? the videos

No, it's not. Just because it's not natural doesn't mean its ok to cheat. It means its ok to decide not to enter into a monogamous relationship. When you decide to defy nature and get into a committed relationship, that's on you.
  • D-Marco
    edited September 2010
    Options

And these were the comments I was talking about
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    D-Marco wrote: »
    Well what im trying to say is:

women and men go back and forth on this issue. It always turns into women saying that men say this for the sole purpose of wanting to ? other females like its a superficial and selfish want...not a biological need. And there are always implications made that men are dogs and use this logic to justify it.

So what Im saying is there is actually biological proof and evolutionary proof that this is the way things are and the men who are in committed relationships arent somehow "BETTER" they are just making a conscious decision to go against nature.

Before the comments...I dont condone cheating. I advocate open relationships or at least letting people know that you are seeing other people.

thats sums up what i would have said, but in a much less offensive/trill way.
  • D-Marco
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Whether or not monogamy is desirable has nothing to do with it's "naturalness".

What do you mean? You feel its just not "desirable"?

or there are people who prefer the comfort and stability of relationships because they get tired of the chase? I think the opposite side of the spectrum would be...some dudes just settle because they either cant do better or just dont feel like it anymore. There has to be some reason dudes stay with chicks that make them miserable at times.

Same for women. Its easier to be comfy and dependant
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ? monogamy get as many ? pregnant as possible

go with nature
  • shootemwon
    edited September 2010
    Options
    What do you mean? You feel its just not "desirable"?

or there are people who prefer the comfort and stability of relationships because they get tired of the chase? I think the opposite side of the spectrum would be...some dudes just settle because they either cant do better or just dont feel like it anymore. There has to be some reason dudes stay with chicks that make them miserable at times.

Same for women. Its easier to be comfy and dependant

Then of course there's the whole religion thing. Countless people throughout history thinking they need to get married in order to get a nut without burning in hell.
  • D-Marco
    edited September 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    Then of course there's the whole religion thing. Countless people throughout history thinking they need to get married in order to get a nut without burning in hell.

So how do they explain Solomon? ? in biblical times were polygamists.... explanation please holier than thou posters
  • playmaker88
    edited September 2010
    Options
    So how do they explain Solomon? ? in biblical times were polygamists.... explanation please holier than thou posters

Their culture.. was a little different.. int it was.. uhhh 1000's of years ago..
    i know where in my post said if it was unnatural or not he fact of the matter is.. it is used as a poor justification..
  • D-Marco
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Their culture.. was a little different.. int it was.. uhhh 1000's of years ago..
    i know where in my post said if it was unnatural or not he fact of the matter is.. it is used as a poor justification..

You just proved my point. Their "CULTURE" has nothing to do with nature. Sounds like ur the one with the poor justification
  • playmaker88
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You just proved my point. Their "CULTURE" has nothing to do with nature. Sounds like ur the one with the poor justification

the whole rubber glue thing doesnt work in this situation try again.. what am i justfiying
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Damn right it's unnatural, one person is giving up everything (men) and the other person gains everything (women). I don't see the sacrifice on both ends
  • D-Marco
    edited September 2010
    Options
    the whole rubber glue thing doesnt work in this situation try again.. what am i justfiying

LOL.... @ rubber glue. Nah homie i said explain why in the bible it tells you to be monogamous but at the same time Kings had harems. U said their culture is the reason. Refer to my first post ? ... i said we are monogamous because of society making it a cultural norm, no other reason.

Contradictions FTL
  • playmaker88
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LOL.... @ rubber glue. Nah homie i said explain why in the bible it tells you to be monogamous but at the same time Kings had harems. U said their culture is the reason. Refer to my first post ? ... i said we are monogamous because of society making it a cultural norm, no other reason.

Contradictions FTL

Our culture.. is not "Biblical" not every subscribes to religion.. or any book.. Society makes many things our cultural norms.. .. but what are u getting at?
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Nature tells me that if I behave in a certain way I will contract several diseases that will be harmful to my health.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Nature tells me that if I behave in a certain way I will contract several diseases that will be harmful to my health.

LOL why must yall take the ? to the extreme with that faulty ass logic. lol Who seriosly settles down because of being scared of catching a std, and there is this thing call contraception you know and being in a relationship doesn't mean u can't catch something either.
  • D-Marco
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Our culture.. is not "Biblical" not every subscribes to religion.. or any book.. Society makes many things our cultural norms.. .. but what are u getting at?

What im getting at is in my 2nd post. In the older times it was the kings who had harems of women and the peasants who had one. Look it up. Im just making the statement that there has to be a deeper reasoning behind the large majority of men wanting more than one woman other than just the superficial "Men are dogs" argument.

Its like arguing religion. One is based on beliefs that are in grained and the other based on what can be proven. IM trying to look deeper into the pyschology behind this.
  • D-Marco
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LPast wrote: »

If thats your only reason for being tied down... i feel sorry for you. I didnt say ? everything that walks. You can be selective.

Dudes always gotta be extra
  • playmaker88
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Natural or Not never argued the point.. it is.. what it is.. anyone gettin upset about the culural norms.. conditions/protocols.. unwritten understanding.. You try your luck.. of spreading this .. gospel.. and changing the cultural norm.. it doesnt benefit anyone.. for all the talks of ? this and that.. youll have 4 ? .. and what does it matter anyway.. when every ? on the Ic is banging 5 video models... Do what you do.. but dont expect a whole lot of peace and serenity in that situation.. 1 naggin person is enough.. and well i only hope you would be so liberal if a hypothetical someone.. practiced what you are preaching without you knowledge..