Knowing what you know now who do you draft Michael Jordan or Hakeem Olajuwan?

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
edited February 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Olajuwan was the 1st pick while MJ went number 3, both are now hall of famers, but knowing what we know now who do you take first?

Comments

• dholt23
    dholt23 Members Posts: 839
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i am replying to this dump ass question who do you think
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    6>2

10 characters
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Generally speaking you usually build a team with a big man but there are a few exceptions to that rule. Micheal Jordan happens to be one of those exceptions.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    who else but the greatest
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    MJ is the only player who has ever played who i would take over the dream maybe Shaq
  • killap
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ]MJ is the only player who has ever played who i would take over the dream maybe Shaq

I think I can agree with that
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Gotta go with MJ
  • Rated R
    Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if you aint picking mike something is wrong
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    MJ is the only player who has ever played who i would take over the dream maybe Shaq

cosign

greatest player ever (Michael Jordan) & best center ever (Hakeem)

& Hakeem will son your favorite center
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited January 2010
    Options
    MJ (michael) >MJ (magic) >
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol Take MJ and trade the team for Hakeem... then just get ok to decent players... boom championship every year
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Stupid thread.

Id take MJ, but Hakeem in his prime was the GOAT big man.
  • yogirlsxman
    yogirlsxman Banned Users Posts: 499
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Jordan wasnt that deal in college yes he has a couple of highlight plays. Chicago didnt know they were gonna get this MJ when they drafted him. Not know what jordan turned into you gotta take a big man. You see who won it his two years in retirement. Whe jordan was drafted big men ruled the game. Houston couldnt have known that guy was gonna revolutionize the game. So taking the big man was logical at that time. Im a jordan fan. I would have hated if all jordan came in red whit and yellow. red and black are my favorite colors.
  • killap
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Jordan wasnt that deal in college yes he has a couple of highlight plays. Chicago didnt know they were gonna get this MJ when they drafted him. Not know what jordan turned into you gotta take a big man. You see who won it his two years in retirement. Whe jordan was drafted big men ruled the game. Houston couldnt have known that guy was gonna revolutionize the game. So taking the big man was logical at that time. Im a jordan fan. I would have hated if all jordan came in red whit and yellow. red and black are my favorite colors.

my dude the thread title states 'knowing what you know now...'
  • cuttadc13
    cuttadc13 Members Posts: 1,626 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hmmm.....MJ = Six rings, major publicity and alot of ? in the seats.......Im goin with the GOAT
  • yogirlsxman
    yogirlsxman Banned Users Posts: 499
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thats stating the obvious though. I was just speaking as the owner of the rockets.
  • 5th Letter
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The reason why I made the thread is because there are people that would still take Hakeem. So it's not as obvious as some would think. BTW Jordan was playing on the Bulls during Hakeem's second championship and he beat the team the Magic team that knocked off Jordan's Bulls in the playoffs.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options

Dean Smith held Jordan back alot, if Smith let Jordan play to his potential Jordan would of won player of the year all three years in college; best believe that. Smith wanted none of that flashy ? and didn't want freshmen to start.
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    edited January 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    The reason why I made the thread is because there are people that would still take Hakeem. So it's not as obvious as some would think. BTW Jordan was playing on the Bulls during Hakeem's second championship and he beat the team the Magic team that knocked off Jordan's Bulls in the playoffs.
    No he didnt. Jordan was on his 2nd year of retirement. He came back the next year
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No he didnt. Jordan was on his 2nd year of retirement. He came back the next year

MJ came back for the last part of that 94-95 season and got put out by Orlando
  • killap
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He came back towards the end of the season wearin the 4-5
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    MJ came back for the last part of that 94-95 season and got put out by Orlando
    killap wrote: »
    He came back towards the end of the season wearin the 4-5
    Does that ? even count? There's gotta be an asterisk for that.
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He came back in March of 95 vs either New York or Indiana, I think
  • 5th Letter
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He came back in March of 95 vs either New York or Indiana, I think

He came back against Indiana that game was on NBC.