Is terrorism an effective way to advance one cause?

Options

Comments

• Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Actually I disagree terrorist are fighting back a corrupt country which are full of a bunch of hypocrites that ? thousands of innocent ppl in their native homes (Afghanistan and Middle Eastern countries.) These Western media outlets brainwash the average citizen thinking its a war on terrorism when its really not.

I'm not disagreeing with that. The question posed is that "is terrorism an effective way to advance ones cause?" and what I'm saying is while Terrorism is at times, "justified", I don't think it's particularly effective either.
  • It's Not Cool Bruh
    It's Not Cool Bruh Members Posts: 215
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not tryin to "justify" either. I just understand why the action is taken by them

well in certain cases i can understand but a lot of that fuckery in the middle east can't be logically explained.
  • dpresidential
    dpresidential Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It may work temporarily on the local level, but globally it has an adverse effect. What single person/cause has done worse for Islam then Osama Bin Laden/Alqaeda?
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Terrorism in america is american as apple pie
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Never will because in majority of these countries that the U.S has problems with they got 8 year old's in training becoming the next generation of terrorist. They being taught that the West is the enemy and thats why the war on terrorism will never stop or end cause the problem only goes down further to the next generation. Its a never ending cycle.

maybe if America (the real terrorist) left all would be solved..
    i dont understand how innocent people fighting back can be called terrorist?? someone explain that one to me..

they're not over here bustin down our doors watchin our tv and leavin dishes.. nah.. we overthere bombing they houses while they bless the food! and they're the terrorist?? they're gonna always resent us.. raise they kids to fight us.. they aint ? like we are.. i for one commend them.. fight on..

i mean seriously?? if we left u think they'd make it halfway cross the atlantic ocean?? we're in no danger..
  • dpresidential
    edited January 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    maybe if America (the real terrorist) left all would be solved..
    i dont understand how innocent people fighting back can be called terrorist?? someone explain that one to me..

they're not over here bustin down our doors watchin our tv and leavin dishes.. nah.. we overthere bombing they houses while they bless the food! and they're the terrorist?? they're gonna always resent us.. raise they kids to fight us.. they aint ? like we are.. i for one commend them.. fight on..

i mean seriously?? if we left u think they'd make it halfway cross the atlantic ocean?? we're in no danger..

You do know that Osama Bin Laden declared war on us when we helped Saudi Arabia right? Osama Bin Laden wanted to use his forces, which were responsible for keeping Russia at bay in Afghanistan, to help "the Holy Land" in Saudi Arabia. Instead, the Saudis ' asked the United States for help. As a result oft he United States stepping on the "Holy Land" Osama declared the West the "infidels." So terrorists are innocent?
  • dpresidential
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Also, do you remember the Terrorist attack on the train system in Madrid Spain? If not then here's a recollection: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Madrid_train_bombings I guess you would say the Spanish were responsible for what happened, instead of the sick people who detonated the bombs right?

My funny question of the day:

"If any of you who think it was America's fault for the terrorist attacks all across the world were to know the terrorist's language and went over their with your "western" way of thinking, do you not think you would get chopped by AK-47 fire? Do you not think you would appear on their next beheading video? Damn, that was 2 questions.
  • CapitalB
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You do know that Osama Bin Laden declared war on us when we helped Saudi Arabia right? Osama Bin Laden wanted to use his forces, which were responsible for keeping Russia at bay in Afghanistan, to help "the Holy Land" in Saudi Arabia. Instead, the Saudis ' asked the United States for help. As a result oft he United States stepping on the "Holy Land" Osama declared the West the "infidels." So terrorists are innocent?

? me and 10 of the homies can declare war on America.. does that makes us a threat?!?! but for the sake of argument lets say we are.. i bet u we'd get killed in a heartbeat.. drone planes'll be watchin our every move and so fourth.. blow up my car while im innit my house while im takin a ? and thats the end of that.. but nah.. it nots goin down like that.. they bombin INNOCENT people.. by the 100s of thousands.. how many Americans have the "terrorist" killed?? and dont gimme that 9-11 ? .. so again.. who's really the terrorist?? ? u sittin on ur computer typin aint worried about a thing.. meanwhile them ? in afghanistan and iraq cant walk without lookin over they shoulder.. who's bein terrorized??

and honestly i dont give a ? about whats happening in Spain.. that aint none of my ? business.. let Spain handle its on problems.. ? we runnin to the rescue for when we cant rescue ourselves?!? and fyi.. the us have been puttin sanctions on the mideast for some time now.. imagine ur kids dyin of a common cold because the medicine is unavailable because china wont allow europe to send shipments.. ud be sayin ? china right!?!

? who dont understand politics usually give the lame excuse im voting "for the lessor of two evils"
    who's the greater evil in this case??
  • It's Not Cool Bruh
    It's Not Cool Bruh Members Posts: 215
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? me and 10 of the homies can declare war on America.. does that makes us a threat?!?! but for the sake of argument lets say we are.. i bet u we'd get killed in a heartbeat.. drone planes'll be watchin our every move and so fourth.. blow up my car while im innit my house while im takin a ? and thats the end of that.. but nah.. it nots goin down like that.. they bombin INNOCENT people.. by the 100s of thousands.. how many Americans have the "terrorist" killed?? and dont gimme that 9-11 ? .. so again.. who's really the terrorist?? ? u sittin on ur computer typin aint worried about a thing.. meanwhile them ? in afghanistan and iraq cant walk without lookin over they shoulder.. who's bein terrorized??

and honestly i dont give a ? about whats happening in Spain.. that aint none of my ? business.. let Spain handle its on problems.. ? we runnin to the rescue for when we cant rescue ourselves?!? and fyi.. the us have been puttin sanctions on the mideast for some time now.. imagine ur kids dyin of a common cold because the medicine is unavailable because china wont allow europe to send shipments.. ud be sayin ? china right!?!

? who dont understand politics usually give the lame excuse im voting "for the lessor of two evils"
    who's the greater evil in this case??

your heart bleeds for these ? but they have no love for you, like ol buddy said they'd cut your ? head off if you went over there trying to talk sense. don't make them out to be peace loving, innocent, hippy people cause that is not the case AT ALL.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Here's a message from the Taliban of Tora Bora, I don't know if this text has been posted on the internet ye.

Seems relevant here though:
    Dear homeland brothers! Afghanistan’s oppressed Muslim Mujahedeen, the champions of the battlefield! Assalamualaikum Warahmatullah-e Waharakatah. You are watching that our oppressed Muslim brothers and sisters including children are martyred in different parts of the country by tyranny bombing of America. In this recent past days, our oppressed sleeping brothers and sisters including children were burned by the fire of the American's bombing while they were busy in their happy occasions, like marriage and Eid in Ningarhar, Kabul, Hirat, Helmand, and Khost. And your unaccountable brothers are spending their full cruelty-filled nights in Guantanamo bay, Bagram, Pui-e charkhl, and many other prisons without any proof of their crime. You know who is the most responsible for all of these.....? You know who are the biggest enemies of our religions, countries, faiths, and the betrayers of the foreign besiegers? The doers of all these crimes, the root of these entire disturbances and killers of our oppressed martyrs are our own Afghan unfaithful betrayers working for the Americans for some Dollars, who sell their faith, loyalty, belief and grace on some amount of Dollars. What do you think! These criminals are able to be forgiven? We know Islam is a religion of mercy and we are Muslim, so that we must also be merciful. We know that if we killed him his Afghan wife and Afghan children will suffer a lot of difficulties. But this bacterium will become a means of killing a lot of Muslim brothers and sisters, will make a lot of orphans and will widow a lot of virgins in pour society. It will plunder our Afghan grace and will push our country to the hand of the besiegers. Therefore to defend against these big crimes we punish them on selected punishments by Allah. (The only reward for those who make war upon Allah and his messengers and strive after corruption and the land will be that the will be killed or crucified) You are watching that this person "Khushhal" son of "Umar" and grandson of "Umara khan" was captured in the "Ningarhah" district of "Muhamand dara" village "Dake" on (4) November of (2008) by the Mujahedeen of Tora bora Jihde Mahaz with a car, And after his acknowledgement on all his crimes was ordered to be killed according to the ordinance of Sharia. Point to be noted that we had been following this betrayer since we had captured a previous betrayer named "Miarajudduun" son of "Abdulmalik" on (17) June (2007) in Tora bora, he told us about "Kushhal" so that we have finally captured him with a phone, certificates, and a GPS, and after complete investigation he is punished to death. Kushhal has been working individually for --[edited out]-- Both will be safe and sound, we'll consider them as ours. Else you can do whatever you want but we will do whatever we were doing, we are doing, and we will do with all the betrayers, wait for that consequence. Allah-o-Akbar Allah-o-Akbar Allah-o-Akbar Long live Islamic Imaret and Mujahidin Death for the Kingdom.
    Near the end, the betrayer is shot and left to die slowly.
  • QB - 2nd Edition
    QB - 2nd Edition Members Posts: 445
    edited January 2010
    Options
    its effective

if something gets you what you want

then its effective

whether its wrong or right

but who's to say
  • dpresidential
    edited January 2010
    Options
    its effective

if something gets you what you want

then its effective

whether its wrong or right

but who's to say

What has it got them that they wanted? Israel is still around. The "Western Devil" aka The United States is still around, and they are the single most significant cause for people being prejudice towards the people of Islam. That seems like an L when considering what they wanted to accomplish.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The Jackal wrote: »
    I mean Muslim extremist seem to be getting their point across. Everyone is fearful of going on t.v and talking bad about them. Companies refuse to allow pictures of Mohammad. Fearful people are allowing their rights to be taken away for security. It seems they are going about and archiving what they want.

You know how it is. You better watch what the ? comes flying out of your mouth or im going to hijack a plan and fly it into your house.

Offensive depictions of Muhommad are the LEAST of their issues though. THeir REAL issues (territory in isreal, the existence of the U.S.A., world wide materialism/sin, the existence of catholics and Jews, etc.) have not budged and they've been blowin' up ? for centuries.

All it does is make people take notice, but it rarely leads to any real change. Israel will never give in to Hammas, U.S.A will never falter (and if we do, it won't be because of some sand-nigguh blowin his ? up on a airplane), and jews will prolly never lose their grip on the worlds financial infrastructure.

Until they figure out how to put on a suit and make back-room deals and organize a REAL military with UN backed gov'ts, they just blowin' ? up, hiding in caves, and makin' mixtapes like DJ Drama.
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What has it got them that they wanted? Israel is still around. The "Western Devil" aka The United States is still around, and they are the single most significant cause for people being prejudice towards the people of Islam. That seems like an L when considering what they wanted to accomplish.
    Are you playing devil's advocate or just that stupid to not understand the purpose of "terrorism"?
  • SoutCity
    SoutCity Members Posts: 1,901 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Actually I disagree terrorist are fighting back a corrupt country which are full of a bunch of hypocrites that ? thousands of innocent ppl in their native homes (Afghanistan and Middle Eastern countries.) These Western media outlets brainwash the average citizen thinking its a war on terrorism when its really not.

Finally someone with sense.
  • dpresidential
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Are you playing devil's advocate or just that stupid to not understand the purpose of "terrorism"?

Carlos,

I guess I'm just that stupid. If you think modern day terrorists are accomplishing the MAJOR goals that they wanted to accomplish then I guess...I'm stupid and you're smart. The one major thing they have accomplished...tricking the "bleeding hearts" to believe they are just justifiably defending themselves against us...the devil.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Interesting stuff. Makes you think about who really is the bad guy. Whats this from?

Some muslims are petitioning to get sharia law imposed over here. That will never happen though.
    It's from a video of the Taliban killing a betrayer.

Video here:
    http://theync.com/media.php?name=13521-brutal-new-execution

I'll post some "terrorist" websites later.
  • CapitalB
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Carlos,

I guess I'm just that stupid. If you think modern day terrorists are accomplishing the MAJOR goals that they wanted to accomplish then I guess...I'm stupid and you're smart. The one major thing they have accomplished...tricking the "bleeding hearts" to believe they are just justifiably defending themselves against us...the devil.

? dont blend me in with yall.. i mean i live in america.. thats about it.. i dont vote.. i dont pay taxes.. and i shop in the black market.. nothin about me says im american..
  • dpresidential
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? dont blend me in with yall.. i mean i live in america.. thats about it.. i dont vote.. i dont pay taxes.. and i shop in the black market.. nothin about me says im american..

Cap,
    Good for you. You are a free loader. Honest question, if The United States and Israel were whipped of the face of the Earth, you believe terrorists will cease being terrorists and will live in peace? Do you not think that their theologies contradict what you may think is a justifiable way to live?

By the way, my bad for saying us and having you feel like I was grouping you. I rep myself, my family and my country. Not you.
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    United Snakes Military = Terrorist Extremist always on pre-empted strikes which is supposed to be against the constitution.
  • dpresidential
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Mr. AJ wrote: »
    United Snakes Military = Terrorist Extremist always on pre-empted strikes which is supposed to be against the constitution.

The Constitution is not a suicide pact. Constitutional lawyers like to say that alot... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Constitution_is_not_a_suicide_pact

It's true. And about the preemptive strikes being against the constitution...Source?
  • CapitalB
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Cap,
    Good for you. You are a free loader. Honest question, if The United States and Israel were whipped of the face of the Earth, you believe terrorists will cease being terrorists and will live in peace? Do you not think that their theologies contradict what you may think is a justifiable way to live?

By the way, my bad for saying us and having you feel like I was grouping you. I rep myself, my family and my country. Not you.

for one.. i aint a freeloader.. i pay CASH for mines... im jus not a simpleton.. cant hustle a hustla..
    now onto ur question.. ? America IS the terrorist.. but say for sake of argument we are the innocent ones defending ourselves (haha) if we were to get wiped out aswell as Israel it may do the world some good... u know that feeling when the school bully finally graduates? haha

and who are we to determine what's "justifiable living?" i can see if america was the perfect place.. but its not.. fix home first then worry about others..
    but aint no point in goin back and fourth with u.. aint nothin go change ur mind and aint nothin gonna change mines..
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    edited January 2010
    Options
    LOL. Patriots are funny. Especially black ones
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited January 2010
    Options
    AMerica is in the wrong and so are the middle easterners
    had they never comitted 911 we wouldnt be on they ass like we are
    But America has a history of injustice so i'm sure its in the wrong too
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    edited January 2010
    Options
    AMerica is in the wrong and so are the middle easterners
    had they never comitted 911 we wouldnt be on they ass like we are
    But America has a history of injustice so i'm sure its in the wrong too
    America's government was behind 9-11. And America was invading their countries decades prior to that ? anyway