Worst video game release ever??

Options
freshb651
freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in IllGaming
I'm going with NBA 2k10 for PS3 such a dissapointment with all the glitches and dropped games and promises of patches to fix these things, it was clearly an unfinished game.I might go with Live11 this year.

Comments

• adorable thughighnes
    adorable thughighnes Members Posts: 1,788 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    somebody delete this ? thread
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm going with Rouge Warrior
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    I'm going with Rouge Warrior

Cosign. Game got like a 1.5 out of 10 review. lol

Or maybe HAZE
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if we talkin this gen...then...

infamous or prototype, both games were laughable...
  • VIBE
    edited January 2010
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    if we talkin this gen...then...

infamous or prototype, both games were laughable...

I have both, Prototype isn't as fun as infamous at all but is an okay game. Prototype is just a bit lacking on graphics and a decent story line. Not worst game of all time at all though.

But if you think infamous is the worst video game release then you are super mistaken. It just wasn't of YOUR preference.
  • VIBE
    edited January 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Cosign. Game got like a 1.5 out of 10 review. lol

Or maybe HAZE

Yeah, HAZE lol my dad thinks that game is good lmao, he likes war games a lot a lot and that's all he plays. Sometimes he picks up on other fps's and loves 'em, he's just a shooter fan in general. He could care less about story lines.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    u gotta have REAL ? taste in games if you think infamous is one of the worst games ever.
  • infamous118
    infamous118 Members Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • One Spliff
    edited January 2010
    Options
    u gotta have REAL ? taste in games if you think infamous is one of the worst games ever.

where did i say infamous was one of the worst games ever ?

still trying to mis-quote me i see....

@ vibe

of course its preference....but...

its 2010

in 2010 i expect the best from my next gen games, not games with wack ass gfx that look like they were meant for the ps2, both prototype and infamous are horrible looking, gameplay and storyline are unoriginal and corny...

they may be fun games to run thru,but i think there should be way more depth to a game to constitute it as at least decent.... but i can only comment on the games ive played this gen...and those 2 stand out as the wackest...

i mean...what is so good about infamous for example ?...? was hyped up ridiculously i play it n then think wtf to myself...like running up buildings and shooting electricity makes a good game ?...may make a fun game...but a good or great game ?...na....take assassins creed n uncharted for example, if i compare the adventure/action, platform style gameplay and gfx aspects from both games and compare them infamous n prototype...their not even in same league.....so why the hype ?

sum will use the open world argument, but gta looks great....so...

tbh im alot like your pops....i love my shooters....lol.....im ? with dead space right now...i'd probably love haze...lol

as for worst game all time, i have no idea...
  • VIBE
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Spliff, nice response man. Broke it down well. I haven't completed Infamous or even Prototype so I cannot say anything about story lines. Yeah, the electricity on infamous is dope as hell though. The only thing about infamous is that he wants to grab everything and climb it and that gets annoying at times, especially when I'm trying to do something else.
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    the worst game this gen that was hyped up to be something awesome has got to be Lair. That games controls were a new kind of broken. 2012 broke. And what sucked even worse about that was that the developer came out saying the game was SUPPOSED to control like that and even put out some sort of book on how you were supposed to control the game.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Superman 64

close thread...now
  • muzicluvr1986
    muzicluvr1986 Members Posts: 709
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Shaq Fu (Sega Genesis)
    Jumper (Xbox 360)
    Superman N64
    Prototype (xb360/ps3)
    Bionic Commando (360/PS3)
    Rogue Warrior
    Sonic Unleashed

10mstax.jpg@ anybody sayin INFAMOUS is one of the WORST games ever. smh
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Infamous was dope as ? , yea the gfx aint all that but the game is ill
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Haze & Lair. I gave them both a fair chance by renting them and both were as bad as advertised. Haven't played Lair since they put in the analog control patch tho. Anybody know if it helped?
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    infamous bad? PFFTT!! jew crazy man! that game was pretty dope. the game got me the most out of my PS3 after MGS4(and bluray). they better come with the sequel. game launch fails? mass effect 2 midnight release at my local gamestop, i was the only mofucka there lol, and i wasnt even there for the 360 port lol. close second? modern warfare 2. i dont care how much money this game made, this release exposed all the people i've been losing to and i felt better lol :

6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a740d544970b-600wi [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Cardenas/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG] 129026059693000734.jpgModern-Warfare-2.jpg
  • One Spliff
    edited January 2010
    Options
    zoomzoomp5 wrote: »
    infamous bad? PFFTT!! jew crazy man! that game was pretty dope. the game got me the most out of my PS3 after MGS4(and bluray). they better come with the sequel. game launch fails? mass effect 2 midnight release at my local gamestop, i was the only mofucka there lol, and i wasnt even there for the 360 port lol. close second? modern warfare 2. i dont care how much money this game made, this release exposed all the people i've been losing to and i felt better lol :

6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a740d544970b-600wi [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Cardenas/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG] 129026059693000734.jpgModern-Warfare-2.jpg

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

n mgs4 n infamous shud never be mentioned in the same sentence...

n im not disputing the fact that infamous is a fun game or 'ill' or 'dope' as some of y'all put it...i jus cant condone a game looking that bad in 2010, espicially with all the money i've spent on my ps3, games, HD tv, accessories etc...i cant be playing a game that looks so bad, its an insult...prototype looked even worse.
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    good point on the hardware. it sucks when you got an true HDTV and notice how ? the game really looks. BUT back to the topic at hand, i give another LAUCE to MAG now. i think all it has riding is the massive multi player perk which i dont give a ? about. they ? up releasing after MW2 and right before battlefield bad company.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    any console sonic game after it went 3d should be mentioned....hopefully this new one will be better, its supposed to be completely 2d like the originals and only sonic is in it
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    zoomzoomp5 wrote: »
    good point on the hardware. it sucks when you got an true HDTV and notice how ? the game really looks. BUT back to the topic at hand, i give another LAUCE to MAG now. i think all it has riding is the massive multi player perk which i dont give a ? about. they ? up releasing after MW2 and right before battlefield bad company.

I honestly think MAG is gonna flop quality wise......it isn't the worst release ever....but MW2 is the most overrated game of all-time....that ? is trash...
  • One Spliff
    edited January 2010
    Options
    but MW2 is the most overrated game of all-time....that ? is trash...

u kno that lil 2 secoond window of fury n rage people get wen they read or see read sum ? up ? backwrads dumba ass ? ?

is this how y'all feel when i birate games like infamous ?

cos thats how i jus felt

most overrated game of all time ?...it sold like 10 mill in 10 minutes...the game is ? in the gaming form...smh...

please refrain from the 'hate'
  • themadlionsfan
    edited January 2010
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    u kno that lil 2 secoond window of fury n rage people get wen they read or see read sum ? up ? backwrads dumba ass ? ?

is this how y'all feel when i birate games like infamous ?

cos thats how i jus felt

most overrated game of all time ?...it sold like 10 mill in 10 minutes...the game is ? in the gaming form...smh...

please refrain from the 'hate'

its not hate homie.....the campaign is waaaaaay too short....and in the multiplayer the maps are too big.....waaaaaaaaaay to many campers....every gun is a rail gun....you can put a scope on a pistol and pick somebody off halkway across the map with two shots in the leg and ? them....the health system is busted then that killstreak ? is just terrible....somebody camps in a dark corner gets about 20 kills and then calls in a strike team essentially ending the game......I don't give a damn how many copies it sold......IT WAS GONNA SELL REGARDLESS JUST OF SHEAR ANTICIPATION AND THE HYPE FROM THE ORIGINAL MW......but in my humble opinion....that ? is trash....I rented....played it.....wasn't feelin it....and believe it or not....I'm not the only one that feels that way....you can check out youtube and you will hear harsher opinions than mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8cnbQzxIYw

and there are plenty more who feel this game is ? up....no hate buddy....I'm just not feeling it
  • One Spliff
    edited January 2010
    Options
    its not hate homie.....the campaign is waaaaaay too short....and in the multiplayer the maps are too big.....waaaaaaaaaay to many campers....every gun is a rail gun....you can put a scope on a pistol and pick somebody off halkway across the map with two shots in the leg and ? them....the health system is busted then that killstreak ? is just terrible....somebody camps in a dark corner gets about 20 kills and then calls in a strike team essentially ending the game......I don't give a damn how many copies it sold......IT WAS GONNA SELL REGARDLESS JUST OF SHEAR ANTICIPATION AND THE HYPE FROM THE ORIGINAL MW......but in my humble opinion....that ? is trash....I rented....played it.....wasn't feelin it....and believe it or not....I'm not the only one that feels that way....you can check out youtube and you will hear harsher opinions than mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8cnbQzxIYw

and there are plenty more who feel this game is ? up....no hate buddy....I'm just not feeling it

lol u only rented it ?....come on...u gotta cop n play b4 u can make a real judegement, multiplayer takes a while to adjust to...i sucked at first....now i run tings.

1. campaign is short, n not as good as first 1....but thats fine by me, i didnt buy the game for campiagn, thats merely a bonus

2. multiplayer makes too big ?...lol...the hell ?...i play ground war mostly so i cant co-sign that...even in 12 man games the maps are fine, there like 15 diff maps...majority are perfectly sized imo...

3. campers is a problem u will have in any online shooter, it doesnt even have to be a shooter...it can be any online game, u always guna run into cheats, lames etc....camping really is not a problem if u know the maps (which is why u shud buy not rent)...soon as i leanred maps campers didnt have any leverage over me anymore...

4. duno wat u mean by rail gun, u mean they 2 powerful ?....again...u cudnt be more wrong, the differnce in wepaon power, speed, feel, sound, mobility, efficiency is very evident...the game got the weaponry spot on.

5. u cant put scopes on pistols...wtf ?....come on bruh....n u certainly cant ? um from half away across the map wid 2 shots, lol....u jus makin ? up now.

6. health system is goat...love it...suits cod perfectly.

7. killstreaks annoy the ? outta of me at first, they really giv noobs too much credit...but then i switched up my killstreak rewrds along with my style of play...7 kills = harrier strike...9 kills = pavelow.....after dat ? i wasnt complain no more, lol....i unleash hell with tha harrier n pavelow combination

imo cod takes time to adjust to...but once u settle on a playing style, class/weapons/perks, learn the maps...the game is great....for example...i play ground war only nower days, but it took me a while to find out the ground war suits my style of play perfectly....12 man can be abit dull, n like u said..sum maps r too big for 12 man, i also notice theres more camping in 12 man TDM...free for all can be amazing and fun, but too many cheap deaths.....ground war (18 man TDN n ? ) is the ? ...and imo is the pinnacle of COD....they need to make more game modes availble in 18 man.

my only complaint...is sometimes the lag n switching of hosts....also i'd prefer if u could choose which servers/games u wanted to join....cos i aint always in the mood for certain maps, so giving players that freedom to choose would be much better....i also think TDM n ? should'nt be restricted to 10 minutes...increas the win limit, then u cna increase the time limit.....i'd be clocking some craaaazy ass scores if i jus had a lil more time...

tbh...pety ? dont bother me in games....people who suck or take longer to adapt liek to pick up on pety ? to excuse their n00bness...giv it more time, u can be like me.
  • themadlionsfan
    edited January 2010
    Options
    we will have to agree to disagree...that ? is trash in my opinion.....and I don't have to keep playing a game over and over again to "get the feel" of it to know If I like it or not.....I have 400 more deaths than kills on Killzone 2 but I love that ? and I loved it the second I put that ? on....MW2....naw....I'll pass
  • One Spliff
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have 400 more deaths than kills on Killzone 2 but I love that ? and I loved it the second I put that ? on....

lol....ok then.....i used to run tings on killzone, the game was ? jus like mw2....

but u kno wat ?...killzine 2 had it haters...people whould complain of its feel and sluggish ness bla bla...same ol gaming haterism, it comes from sucking n being pety...

i ran killzone....so much so that i went to the killzone forums and made a thread announcing myself the greatest KZ player in europe...the thread was met with anger, resentment and a whole alotta jealously...but my stats spoke 4 themselves...

i'll ? on anybody in any shooter...let it be halo, cod, killzone, resistance, mag...i dont care.

re cop cod...strap up with the tar-21, holagraphic scope, FMJ, stopping power, steady aim...n i bet u wont be complaining about oversized maps and campers....