Worst video game release ever??

Options

Comments

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    lol....ok then.....i used to run tings on killzone, the game was ? jus like mw2....

but u kno wat ?...killzine 2 had it haters...people whould complain of its feel and sluggish ness bla bla...same ol gaming haterism, it comes from sucking n being pety...

i ran killzone....so much so that i went to the killzone forums and made a thread announcing myself the greatest KZ player in europe...the thread was met with anger, resentment and a whole alotta jealously...but my stats spoke 4 themselves...

i'll ? on anybody in any shooter...let it be halo, cod, killzone, resistance, mag...i dont care.

re cop cod...strap up with the tar-21, holagraphic scope, FMJ, stopping power, steady aim...n i bet u wont be complaining about oversized maps and campers....

hmmm....you might wanna challenge Fguerro7 in Killzone 2 then....that kid is nasty.....
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm with themadlionsfan on this point. MW2 is not as great as people make it seem. Its a fun MP game. But the campaign is wack. And there are oo many bugs. Of course it sold well, but thats because it had a better hype man than Flavor Flav........ MW1. I couldn't believe the amount of people proclaiming it at GOTY. It wasn't even the best shooter on either system.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    I'm with themadlionsfan on this point. MW2 is not as great as people make it seem. Its a fun MP game. But the campaign is wack. And there are oo many bugs. Of course it sold well, but thats because it had a better hype man than Flavor Flav........ MW1. I couldn't believe the amount of people proclaiming it at GOTY. It wasn't even the best shooter on either system.

cosign this whole post, if the next IW COD is wack then Im calling it a fluke, COD4 the best game they gonna ever make.

Just like Halo1 was a fluke, every game after was straight garbage.
  • One Spliff
    edited February 2010
    Options
    salty low ratio ass ?
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I was amped to play MW2 and while i did enjoy it at first. I grew tired of it rather quickly.. But i play Socom Confrontation and ColdFront.. to me those games are light yrs ahead in terms a strategy and teamwork.. the graphics may not be as good .. but overall to me its just better. Oh and I thought the campaign for a MW2 was superb.. but maybe thats because they destroyed D.C. haha
  • ImGettingOld
    ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Turok was a dope game on the 64, the new one is the one they ? up on.
  • BiGG_DuBB 760
    BiGG_DuBB 760 Members Posts: 74
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Legends of Wrestling..... i still cant believe i bought that game
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited February 2010
    Options
    smash brothers brawl in recent memory is the biggest failure by far

melee was such an improvement or the original and then they go and drop this ? ?

massive letdown, floaty gameplay, sonic sucks, RANDOM TRIPPING!? mechanics dumbed down EVEN FURTHER, the game was already easy as hell, wtf were they thinking

all in all the game was certified trash
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i dont get how the same madden gets released every year and ? be all crazy about it
  • One Spliff
    edited February 2010
    Options
    deeroc22 wrote: »
    I was amped to play MW2 and while i did enjoy it at first. I grew tired of it rather quickly.. But i play Socom Confrontation and ColdFront.. to me those games are light yrs ahead in terms a strategy and teamwork.. the graphics may not be as good .. but overall to me its just better. Oh and I thought the campaign for a MW2 was superb.. but maybe thats because they destroyed D.C. haha

mw2 campaign is great, but i think people compare it to the first one...in comparison it was good/decent....i think ppl prob compare multiplayer with mw1 also....i neva pld mw1 tho.

socom ?

say it aint so...game sucks man lol...gfx were just about acceptable, n it took me too long to adapt to it, the movements n controls were'nt that good... its not even in the same league as cod...i hate 3rd person tho unless its a single player type game....3rd person MW2 sucks ass to....
  • VIBE
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The thing about MW2 is the campaign. See, that MP is supposed to be your so called bonus. The campaign on MW1 was even wack, this one even more. When I buy a game I would love to have best of both worlds (if it includes mp) The only reason it made it's money was due to the online mp. No one cared for it's storyline and now even more don't due to it was ? . If uncharted had better/a bit bigger maps, more players online it would've ? on MW2 period but wouldn't have had as big as a fan base.

I see plenty of complaining about the campers and it is beyond the truth, it gets super irritating when you are constantly being killed due to campers, most of the times there isn't a way around to get to them because the next way around there's 2 more sitting there scoped on the entrance or walkways. The only place that is pretty camper free is Wastelands and that is a horrible map, it's too plain and everyone goes to the same stupid spot, underground so they can simply get flash banged, and blown up. Too easy of a map. The whole k/d ratio is like trying to be gangster, if you ain't doing well you aint "hard" or "cool" enough, then they dog you on it or whatever it may be. I don't even care about my ratio, I play for fun and yeah, its nice to get plenty of kills and streaks but who cares if you dont? People bounce when they ain't doing well, now that ? needs something like a 10 min suspension from the damn game because it's annoying when I'm either losing/winning in ? /TDM and people leave. One time it was two people, me vs one other dude because people "backout".

Overall, MW2 is pretty much lame. I'll play max 5-10 games and get bored. The campaign replay value is low, the spec ops once completed is what, a one time thing to mess with? It isn't the worst but def. one of the most disappointing games of '09. Infamous gfx wise wasn't that bad, ? , MW2 still has paper/grainy textures for ground and walls etc. Funny you complain about "next gen gfx" when MW2 is worse than Infamous.
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    SOCOM Confrontation wasnt the worst but it was damn disappointing (especially considering how much fun I had with Combined Assault on PS2...Citadel 32 player eleven 30 minute rounds equals HOURS upon HOURS of the most online fun I have ever had in any war game to date)

once SOCOM 4 comes out and puts the series back on track..COD is gonna be collecting dust
  • One Spliff
    edited February 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    The thing about MW2 is the campaign. See, that MP is supposed to be your so called bonus. The campaign on MW1 was even wack, this one even more. When I buy a game I would love to have best of both worlds (if it includes mp) The only reason it made it's money was due to the online mp. No one cared for it's storyline and now even more don't due to it was ? . If uncharted had better/a bit bigger maps, more players online it would've ? on MW2 period but wouldn't have had as big as a fan base.

I see plenty of complaining about the campers and it is beyond the truth, it gets super irritating when you are constantly being killed due to campers, most of the times there isn't a way around to get to them because the next way around there's 2 more sitting there scoped on the entrance or walkways. The only place that is pretty camper free is Wastelands and that is a horrible map, it's too plain and everyone goes to the same stupid spot, underground so they can simply get flash banged, and blown up. Too easy of a map. The whole k/d ratio is like trying to be gangster, if you ain't doing well you aint "hard" or "cool" enough, then they dog you on it or whatever it may be. I don't even care about my ratio, I play for fun and yeah, its nice to get plenty of kills and streaks but who cares if you dont? People bounce when they ain't doing well, now that ? needs something like a 10 min suspension from the damn game because it's annoying when I'm either losing/winning in ? /TDM and people leave. One time it was two people, me vs one other dude because people "backout".

Overall, MW2 is pretty much lame. I'll play max 5-10 games and get bored. The campaign replay value is low, the spec ops once completed is what, a one time thing to mess with? It isn't the worst but def. one of the most disappointing games of '09. Infamous gfx wise wasn't that bad, ? , MW2 still has paper/grainy textures for ground and walls etc. Funny you complain about "next gen gfx" when MW2 is worse than Infamous.

uh oh...time to for me to break out the fact file once again....*deep breathe*

"men lie, women lie...numbers don't"

bcotton:

time played : 2 days, 11 hours, 56 m
    ratio: 0.92

joshua:

time played: 2 hours, 57 mins
    ratio: 0.38

VIBE:

time played: 4 days, 17 hours, 17 minutes
    ratio: 0.72

madlionsfan:

rented the game...lol

u kno y'all gon think im an ? ....but....im almsot certain that there is a direct correlation between people who slander COD and low K/d ratios....

vibe, you cool fam...but your post is full of contradiction....im pretty much addicted to cod and i LOVE it, you say its 'lame' n the biggest dissapointment of the year...yet u've clocked more playing time than me ?....the hell ?....

mw1 campaign wack ?....ok...thats your opinion i guess...but i thought it was epic...

you say its 'super irratating' when you get killed by campers and go on to complain about a maps lack of depth, n then in the same sentence say that you play for fun n that u dotn care of u get plenty of kills n streaks...lol

i honestly think that if u did infact get plenty of kills and streaks and didnt get n00bed by campers, that you would in fact enjoy this game a whole lot more......wasteland a horrible map ?...lol...come on man....learn how to play the game n use ya brain a lil more n cod plays like a dream....wasteland is a great map bruh.

same goes to bcotton who says he only used shield n plays for fun, n calls the game 'super wack'....wow....u must have alot of freetime on your hands to continue to play a game thats super wack....i always see you playing cod on my psn friends list, n every day your ratio continues to plumit....i aint hating or poking fun...but seriously...who enjoys dying in a game like cod ?....admit it...u try, u fail, so u slander the game....its cool man....jus keep at it, u'll get there

same goes tyo madlionsfan....ii mean...i aint hating...or trying to be an ? ...but damn...jus becos u suck at a game, doesnt mean that game sucks....i admit ther eppl who suck n still enjoy the game, but their obviously the ones who are'nt delusional.

i can understand someone like joshua becos he only played for a couple of hours...which is how much y'all shud of played for if the game was really that 'lame' or 'wack'...n at least he acknowledged the fact the mp was fun....

i feel sorry 4 y'all i really do...cos y'all make the same excuses i was makin when i first got the game, the only difference is i actually grew and got better and managed to completely irradicate all of the obstacles you speak of such as n00b tubers, campers, lamers, bad maps...there only a handful of maps i cud play at first...as i got better...every map became a fav of mine, lol

i mean....i think thats the beauty of a game like cod...i enjoyed it even wen i sucked, but the difference is i didnt hate on the game because i knew as soon as i learnt the maps, the tables wud turn....it jus seems the tables never turned 4 y'alll (took me months to learn all maps cos i onyl play high, otherwise my ratio wud be twice as high)....i mean im naturally competitive, maybe thats why i love the game so much...n nothing is more fun than owning on cod...y'all say u play 4 fun n dont care aboout ratio, ..which is a contradiction in itsslf becos u then hate on the game n continue to play, lol......but i bet if u did care about ratio n actually got better, the game wud be even more fun......try it...try actually improving at the game, campers simply do not become a problem once u are good....wasteland becomes your fav map once u are good...killstreaks ?...hell...its YOU who will be gettin all the killstreaks once u get good at the game....all the ? i see ppl slander cod with, are exctly the things which n00b gamers would complain of simpyl becos they suck...its childish.

infamous better gfx than cod ?....off yaself for that comment.

infamous looked like syphon filter on the ps1...the ? was horrible bruh...on my TV, cod looks beautiful.
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    uh oh...time to for me to break out the fact file once again....*deep breathe*

"men lie, women lie...numbers don't"

bcotton:

time played : 2 days, 11 hours, 56 m
    ratio: 0.92

joshua:

time played: 2 hours, 57 mins
    ratio: 0.38

VIBE:

time played: 4 days, 17 hours, 17 minutes
    ratio: 0.72

madlionsfan:

rented the game...lol

u kno y'all gon think im an ? ....but....im almsot certain that there is a direct correlation between people who slander COD and low K/d ratios....

vibe, you cool fam...but your post is full of contradiction....im pretty much addicted to cod and i LOVE it, you say its 'lame' n the biggest dissapointment of the year...yet u've clocked more playing time than me ?....the hell ?....

mw1 campaign wack ?....ok...thats your opinion i guess...but i thought it was epic...

you say its 'super irratating' when you get killed by campers and go on to complain about a maps lack of depth, n then in the same sentence say that you play for fun n that u dotn care of u get plenty of kills n streaks...lol

i honestly think that if u did infact get plenty of kills and streaks and didnt get n00bed by campers, that you would in fact enjoy this game a whole lot more......wasteland a horrible map ?...lol...come on man....learn how to play the game n use ya brain a lil more n cod plays like a dream....wasteland is a great map bruh.

same goes to bcotton who says he only used shield n plays for fun, n calls the game 'super wack'....wow....u must have alot of freetime on your hands to continue to play a game thats super wack....i always see you playing cod on my psn friends list, n every day your ratio continues to plumit....i aint hating or poking fun...but seriously...who enjoys dying in a game like cod ?....admit it...u try, u fail, so u slander the game....its cool man....jus keep at it, u'll get there

same goes tyo madlionsfan....ii mean...i aint hating...or trying to be an ? ...but damn...jus becos u suck at a game, doesnt mean that game sucks....i admit ther eppl who suck n still enjoy the game, but their obviously the ones who are'nt delusional.

i can understand someone like joshua becos he only played for a couple of hours...which is how much y'all shud of played for if the game was really that 'lame' or 'wack'...n at least he acknowledged the fact the mp was fun....

i feel sorry 4 y'all i really do...cos y'all make the same excuses i was makin when i first got the game, the only difference is i actually grew and got better and managed to completely irradicate all of the obstacles you speak of such as n00b tubers, campers, lamers, bad maps...there only a handful of maps i cud play at first...as i got better...every map became a fav of mine, lol

i mean....i think thats the beauty of a game like cod...i enjoyed it even wen i sucked, but the difference is i didnt hate on the game because i knew as soon as i learnt the maps, the tables wud turn....it jus seems the tables never turned 4 y'alll (took me months to learn all maps cos i onyl play high, otherwise my ratio wud be twice as high)....i mean im naturally competitive, maybe thats why i love the game so much...n nothing is more fun than owning on cod...y'all say u play 4 fun n dont care aboout ratio, ..which is a contradiction in itsslf becos u then hate on the game n continue to play, lol......but i bet if u did care about ratio n actually got better, the game wud be even more fun......try it...try actually improving at the game, campers simply do not become a problem once u are good....wasteland becomes your fav map once u are good...killstreaks ?...hell...its YOU who will be gettin all the killstreaks once u get good at the game....all the ? i see ppl slander cod with, are exctly the things which n00b gamers would complain of simpyl becos they suck...its childish.

infamous better gfx than cod ?....off yaself for that comment.

infamous looked like syphon filter on the ps1...the ? was horrible bruh...on my TV, cod looks beautiful.

(joe pesci voice) ok ok ok ok ok ok ok

U reachin with that Syphon Filter comparison since i got it on my PS3 lol and THAT game looks like ? in retrospect...ur jus bein too damn harsh on Infamous...if we have learned anything, its that GRAPHICS DOESNT MAKE A GAME BETTER...it can give it better gameplay, story, controls, etc
    lets be real, the GTA series looked liked ? compared to other games during the previous generation but it didnt prevent it from being the biggest franchise of its time (commercially & critically)....

and as for the ? /death ratio...i never understood the big deal about that ? since i jus play for fun...but on the other hand i dont like to lose so logically enough I WANNA HAVE MORE KILLS THAN DEATHS....mine is one point something somethin lol not that high but i dont wear it as a badge of honor
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    son.....didn't I just tell you I got like 400 more deaths than kills on Killzone 2 and in the same sentence say I LOVE that ? ....it has nothing to do with me sucking.....I'm not a nerd who plays for video game prestige.....a high ? /death ratio means nothing to me.....damn.....relax....I'm apologize for shittin on your all time favorite game....its the greatest video game of all time....are you happy now?
  • One Spliff
    edited February 2010
    Options
    m. inferno wrote: »
    (joe pesci voice) ok ok ok ok ok ok ok

U reachin with that Syphon Filter comparison since i got it on my PS3 lol and THAT game looks like ? in retrospect...ur jus bein too damn harsh on Infamous...if we have learned anything, its that GRAPHICS DOESNT MAKE A GAME BETTER...it can give it better gameplay, story, controls, etc
    lets be real, the GTA series looked liked ? compared to other games during the previous generation but it didnt prevent it from being the biggest franchise of its time (commercially & critically)....

and as for the ? /death ratio...i never understood the big deal about that ? since i jus play for fun...but on the other hand i dont like to lose so logically enough I WANNA HAVE MORE KILLS THAN DEATHS....mine is one point something somethin lol not that high but i dont wear it as a badge of honor

@ your first sentence

lol, ok so im reachin a lil bit...but i swear to ? the first time i played infamous the first thing that came to mind where the wack ass syphon filter gfx....mind u ii loved syphon filter bk in the day...gabe logan was dat dude...lol

@ your second sentecne

exactly...i dont like to lose (anybody who likes losing is simply a loser, sorry)...? dying...i want more kills then deaths....but im a casual gamer, so u aint gon see me camping, n00b tubing or doing any lame ? just to maintain my ratio...i jus hav real good hand eye co-ordination, which makes up for my laidbackness....

it is wat it is.

props tho, cos i just remember that i wasnted to cop syphon filter from the ps store, lol...
  • One Spliff
    edited February 2010
    Options
    son.....didn't I just tell you I got like 400 more deaths than kills on Killzone 2 and in the same sentence say I LOVE that ? ....it has nothing to do with me sucking.....I'm not a nerd who plays for video game prestige.....a high ? /death ratio means nothing to me.....damn.....relax....I'm apologize for shittin on your all time favorite game....its the greatest video game of all time....are you happy now?

killzone was easy bruh...so depending on how long u had been playing....400 less kills is kinda poor....so i dont why u keep announcing it like its an achivement

i aint no nerd either, but damn...i jus dont like losing...im naturally competitive...dont mata wat it is im doing...jus how i be....dont hate cos u cant relate...

i jus found it kinda funny how u said those things about COD without even owning it, its a game that u need to giv time imo....

but im'a guess that no mata how muhc time u gav it...u'd still suck.

try again wen MW3 drops...its all good.
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol at the stats. that was pretty ruthless.
  • VIBE
    edited February 2010
    Options
    zoomzoomp5 wrote: »
    lol at the stats. that was pretty ruthless.

lol ruthless? I could've posted my stats lol he's getting at my hours. I've had it since it came out, I never said I didn't like to play it. Never said the MP was wack, said the game was for the campaign. MP is fun, no doubt. Yeah, the campers are irritating, I don't like to die 6 times in a row or anything like that lol. I enjoy to play evenly anyway. You're addicted to the COD, that's cool dude, that's all you. Like I said, I'll play that once or twice a day in a total of maybe 5-10 matches. I've clocked 4 days, means ? . You're just too defensive over a seriously average game. This isn't superb at all man, the MP is it's 1st best feature, the 2nd is Spec Ops. I don't see how my post was 'contradicting' at all lol you just basically flipped it to look like that lol but it's all good, we all have our own opinions and all that great ? .
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Worst game ever release are them movie games

As far as MW2 goes, i havent touch that game since i completed single player and spec ops. I would do mp but i end up getting annoyed and turn it off. I'm not too good at first person shooters on the consoles anyways

Infamous gfx do not suck so i dont know what spliff talking about...tekken 6 look worst than infamous
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Worst game ever release are them movie games

As far as MW2 goes, i havent touch that game since i completed single player and spec ops. I would do mp but i end up getting annoyed and turn it off. I'm not too good at first person shooters on the consoles anyways

Infamous gfx do not suck so i dont know what spliff talking about...tekken 6 look worst than infamous

i agree. MW2 is good but it still dont got ? on L4D2.
  • One Spliff
    edited February 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    lol ruthless? I could've posted my stats lol he's getting at my hours. I've had it since it came out, I never said I didn't like to play it. Never said the MP was wack, said the game was for the campaign. MP is fun, no doubt. Yeah, the campers are irritating, I don't like to die 6 times in a row or anything like that lol. I enjoy to play evenly anyway. You're addicted to the COD, that's cool dude, that's all you. Like I said, I'll play that once or twice a day in a total of maybe 5-10 matches. I've clocked 4 days, means ? . You're just too defensive over a seriously average game. This isn't superb at all man, the MP is it's 1st best feature, the 2nd is Spec Ops. I don't see how my post was 'contradicting' at all lol you just basically flipped it to look like that lol but it's all good, we all have our own opinions and all that great ? .

u've had it since it came out ?....um....so have i.....i've been playing it striaght for 2 months since it dropped, and ive enjoyed it more n more everyday...difference is im actually good at the game.....

point im makin is...if its the biggest dissapointment of 09, if its so lame...then how come u clocked more hours than me ?...lol....play sumthin else if its a seriously average game....i just aint buyin it thats all....i think the compalints are due to your failures...no hate, i jus call em how i see um...thats goes for the majority of ppl who complain about cod....

u say you dont like dying 6 times in a row or the campers killin u...or wasteland etc...ALL IM SAYIN....is that none of these things would be a problem if you were actually 'GOOD' at the game, you wouldnt call it average, lame or a dissapointment if you were actually 'GOOD' at the game, because the ? you moaning about really is only ? a n00b would moan about....

no joke...but you want me to giv you some tips ?....im serious....i bet if u improved your game u'd love COD like no other game...

let me help you man, same goes to bcotton n madlionsfan....leme giv y'all sum tips n i bet y'all wont be crying about campers, air support n bad maps etc....it aint cool makin excuses jus cos u suck at a game...no hate...im jus sayin...the ? aint a good look man...

i can help y'all...

@ vagrant

was there any differnce in the final product and the demo of infamous ?, because if there was...then i apologise...maybe im wrong...but if theres not, then i'll cop the demo again n see....but i remember the gfx being quite bad...

i do confess that back then i was usin a 42 inch, n i remember the brightness on it was kinda high...n when i switched to my 32 i noticed that the picture was better due to less backlight/contrast etc....i dont kno....but im copping the demo again...but...

i remember 3 things...

1. re checking my HDMI cable to make sure it was plugged in properly
    2. being reminded of syphon filter, lmao...a ps1 game, smh
    3. being reminded of the chracter models in final fantasy8, another ps1 game...the train in infamous reminded me of the train on theh world map of ff8...jus smh....

prototype was also awful gfx...

and storylines in both were so lame.

what about the AI in infamous ?...y'all guna defend that to ?....the AI was toatally ? , the game look unfininnished....pedestrians would walk, bump into a car, turn around...say sum random ? in a wierd accent, walk a lil more, bump into lampost, say sum random ? in a foriegn language, stop n turn around...cross the road....turn around....come back across the road, get run over, get back up, say sum random ? ....

the game was an insult.

sorry.
  • One Spliff
    edited February 2010
    Options
    dont get me started on the enemies in infamous..LOL...random hunchbacks in black hoddies strapped up with AK's, that would grunt and shout random ? ina wierd dialect...

i mean...y'all need to remember i aint even had my ps3 up to a year yet, so bk wen i pld infmaous i was relativly new to the ps3... and all i had played so far were top gamse with top gfx like..

killzone 2
    uncharted
    mgs4
    street fighter 4

etc

so when i first saw infamous, i think it was shock more than anything...but what a shock it was...i recall i felling of 'disgust' if im being honest.