Worst video game release ever??

Comments

• One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    I would do mp but i end up getting annoyed and turn it off. I'm not too good at first person shooters on the consoles anyways

see...why cant people just admit it when they suk at a game, rather than make ? excuses...

if u dont like it dont play....lol...simple.
  • One Spliff
    edited February 2010
    its not hate homie.....the campaign is waaaaaay too short....and in the multiplayer the maps are too big.....waaaaaaaaaay to many campers....every gun is a rail gun....you can put a scope on a pistol and pick somebody off halkway across the map with two shots in the leg and ? them....the health system is busted then that killstreak ? is just terrible....somebody camps in a dark corner gets about 20 kills and then calls in a strike team essentially ending the game......I don't give a damn how many copies it sold......IT WAS GONNA SELL REGARDLESS JUST OF SHEAR ANTICIPATION AND THE HYPE FROM THE ORIGINAL MW......but in my humble opinion....that ? is trash....I rented....played it.....wasn't feelin it....and believe it or not....I'm not the only one that feels that way....you can check out youtube and you will hear harsher opinions than mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8cnbQzxIYw

and there are plenty more who feel this game is ? up....no hate buddy....I'm just not feeling it

lol @ this post....smh...jus smh....

so it turns out i do actually got u on my friends list....wow....u'd think that after all u said in this post, thats u would ahve actually played the GAME....let me open up my fact file once again...

themadlionsfan:

timeplayed: 16 minutes, 12 seconds
    ratio: 0.40

oh dear...

so in 16 minutes your telling me that....

a. played all the maps, and thought they were all too big right ?
    b. witnessed the excessive camping....all 16 minutes of it ?....
    c. tried out every gun...LMAO...oh dear....
    d. managed to rank up and get a scope on a pistol (a scope which never even existed, lmao)
    e. saw somebody camp in a dark corner n get 20 kills...all in 16 minutes of gameplay right ?....
    f. rented it, played it, wasnt feelin it....for how long again ?....oh yea....16 MINUTES !!!!!!

all i can do is shake my head...

n00bs are so funny.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    yes....

it took me 16 mintues to figure out that all the guns felt the same....
    in my very first multiplayer game I said to myself wtf is up with this big ass map...
    it took me 16 mintues to realize that the camping was excessive
    it took me 16 minutes to figure out that the health system is busted
    it took me 16 minutes to figure out all the assault rifles had unlimted range
    it took me 16 minutes to figure out that all I needed was a good hiding place to rack up kills
    it took me 16 minutes to figure out that the killstreak is ? because of the nuke....
    It took me 16 minuted to figure out this ? is gonna have plenty of bugs and glitches

believe it or not yes.....it took me 16 minutes to form an opinion that Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is not a game I want to practice and get good at........if that is your favorite game thats cool.....if thats the game u wanna spend all your gamin time with....fine by me.....if you bought the limited edition and sleep with the MW2 gas mask on....I ain't trippin....but dude....I ain't feelin it......I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.....and believe it or not there are alot more people that spent alot more time playing that feel the way I do.....i just copped AC 1 so I can play AC2...after that....I'm coppin Heavy Rain....GOW3 in March and Red Dead Redemption in April.....I may give MW2 another try in may or june.....if that makes u feel better....son....its just a game....a game I feel I ? up....no need to get your panties in a bunch about.....me gettin my head blown off has no effect on rather I like the game or not because I'm not concerned with being competitve on games anymore.....no since perfect dark when I acquired about 30 accuracy awards.....as long as I'm enjoyin my experiance...is all I care about evidence by my KZ2 ? /death ratio
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    One Spliff wrote: »
    see...why cant people just admit it when they suk at a game, rather than make ? excuses...

if u dont like it dont play....lol...simple.

Well in my defense i used to play counterstrike and half life on the pc heavy and i got used to mouse/keyboard set up. MW2 is the first first person shooter game that i actually bought for the consoles so it's taking me a while to break into the console controls. I still think mouse/keyboard still the best set up and if MW2 had supported it then it would've been a different story.

@ vagrant

was there any differnce in the final product and the demo of infamous ?, because if there was...then i apologise...maybe im wrong...but if theres not, then i'll cop the demo again n see....but i remember the gfx being quite bad...

i do confess that back then i was usin a 42 inch, n i remember the brightness on it was kinda high...n when i switched to my 32 i noticed that the picture was better due to less backlight/contrast etc....i dont kno....but im copping the demo again...but...

i remember 3 things...

1. re checking my HDMI cable to make sure it was plugged in properly
    2. being reminded of syphon filter, lmao...a ps1 game, smh
    3. being reminded of the chracter models in final fantasy8, another ps1 game...the train in infamous reminded me of the train on theh world map of ff8...jus smh....

prototype was also awful gfx...

and storylines in both were so lame.

what about the AI in infamous ?...y'all guna defend that to ?....the AI was toatally ? , the game look unfininnished....pedestrians would walk, bump into a car, turn around...say sum random ? in a wierd accent, walk a lil more, bump into lampost, say sum random ? in a foriegn language, stop n turn around...cross the road....turn around....come back across the road, get run over, get back up, say sum random ? ....

the game was an insult.

sorry.

Cmon Son, you gonna compare infamous to ps1 games, something must be wrong with your tv if you think the gfx that bad, and when did gfx becomes the deciding factor on whether a game is good or not?
  • One Spliff
    edited February 2010
    yes....

it took me 16 mintues to figure out that all the guns felt the same....
    in my very first multiplayer game I said to myself wtf is up with this big ass map...
    it took me 16 mintues to realize that the camping was excessive
    it took me 16 minutes to figure out that the health system is busted
    it took me 16 minutes to figure out all the assault rifles had unlimted range
    it took me 16 minutes to figure out that all I needed was a good hiding place to rack up kills
    it took me 16 minutes to figure out that the killstreak is ? because of the nuke....
    It took me 16 minuted to figure out this ? is gonna have plenty of bugs and glitches

believe it or not yes.....it took me 16 minutes to form an opinion that Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is not a game I want to practice and get good at........if that is your favorite game thats cool.....if thats the game u wanna spend all your gamin time with....fine by me.....if you bought the limited edition and sleep with the MW2 gas mask on....I ain't trippin....but dude....I ain't feelin it......I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.....and believe it or not there are alot more people that spent alot more time playing that feel the way I do.....i just copped AC 1 so I can play AC2...after that....I'm coppin Heavy Rain....GOW3 in March and Red Dead Redemption in April.....I may give MW2 another try in may or june.....if that makes u feel better....son....its just a game....a game I feel I ? up....no need to get your panties in a bunch about.....me gettin my head blown off has no effect on rather I like the game or not because I'm not concerned with being competitve on games anymore.....no since perfect dark when I acquired about 30 accuracy awards.....as long as I'm enjoyin my experiance...is all I care about evidence by my KZ2 ? /death ratio

lol @ u tryin to make out liek care about if u play it or not..or like i care what other games u play....lol....all im doing is showing u how stupid u are for frontin like u actually played mw2 when you have'nt....why r u lying when i got the facts n figures right infront of me ?....

all the guns feel the same after 16 minutes ?...so you tried them all in 16 mins, wow thats impressive ?...what about the unlocked ones ?...lol....

in your first map...u said wtf @ this big ass map....lol, come on bruh...u switching up now, u said 'maps' before, PLURAL...now u sayin 1 map was too big, lol...stop being pety n trying to save face cos u bin exposed....jus admit that were u talking ? and goin off other people opinions n NOT your own...

camping excessive in 16 minutes, ok fair enough...but every game u join is different, 16 mins is'nt enuf to form an opinion on camping....you realise that ytou dont even have access to other game modes until you unlock them, theres alot less camping in ground war than team deathmatch...but of course you never got that far.

all the assault rifles hav unlimited range ?...wtf ?...please stop...u realise that they only give you access to 2 rifles at the start of the game right ?...LOL r u even sure that its mw2 that ur playing ?...because u cant even try all of the rifles until u UNLOCK them, wow...r u really this dumb ?...so you ran round the map pickign up ALL the assault rifles n testing their range ?...all in 16 minutes... ?....seriously...wtf r u smokin on lol...i want some....not even i talk this much ? , lol

16 mins to figure all u need is a good hdiin palce to rack up kills....after playin 1 or 2 maps....you realise theres like 12-15 maps right ?....and that this applies for pretty much ALL online FPS games...dont mata what online shooter u play bruh, camping wil always be part of the game....u can cry about it or u can ? them, your choice

ur right the nuke is ? , but its only happened to me like 4-5 times since i got the game, so it aint that bad....n i still aint got 1, lol...

i havent come across any bugs or glicthes, or i havent noticed them... ive heard of them...and the game was a lil ? up in the first week...but again, im not pety, im a hetrosexual male n a casual gamer...so i dont care bout trivial ? .

serious question...how old are you ?....because you aint makin too much sense right about now, ? is embarrasing.

MW2 is the most overrated game of all-time....that ? is trash...

after 16 mins of gameplay....

3443a05.gif
  • One Spliff
    edited February 2010

Cmon Son, you gonna compare infamous to ps1 games, something must be wrong with your tv if you think the gfx that bad, and when did gfx becomes the deciding factor on whether a game is good or not?

it was a complete natural reaction to what i saw, honestly...infamous really did remind me of a couple ps1 games....nothing i can do to stop that, lol

i'm downlaoding the demo as we speak...i'll holla back.
  • One Spliff
    edited February 2010
    Well in my defense i used to play counterstrike and half life on the pc heavy and i got used to mouse/keyboard set up. MW2 is the first first person shooter game that i actually bought for the consoles so it's taking me a while to break into the console controls. I still think mouse/keyboard still the best set up and if MW2 had supported it then it would've been a different story.

i pld CS heavy also, i was the ? ....if u got an FPS brain, n good hand-eye...then u shdunt hav a problem tbh...cod really is'nt a hard game, nor is killzone...nor is any console based shooter for that matter...their all easy if u ? with fps bk in the day...

play single player and special ops until u get the hang of it...then jump online, soon as u learn the maps it will be smooth sailing after that...i hope anyway...doesnt seem that way for the majority of the other ps3 cod players on the ic...:(....i feel for y'all

i think all the good ic cod players must be on 360....cod is prob even easier on 360 with the controller to....
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    u've had it since it came out ?....um....so have i.....i've been playing it striaght for 2 months since it dropped, and ive enjoyed it more n more everyday...difference is im actually good at the game.....

point im makin is...if its the biggest dissapointment of 09, if its so lame...then how come u clocked more hours than me ?...lol....play sumthin else if its a seriously average game....i just aint buyin it thats all....i think the compalints are due to your failures...no hate, i jus call em how i see um...thats goes for the majority of ppl who complain about cod.....

I don't really recall saying that MP was a disappointment nor did I say I didn't like the MP. I said it's fun, I do enjoy to play it. I just don't care about my ratio is all. I don't like the campaign is all man lol the reason I say it's a disappointment as a whole is because of the stupid hype. The only thing that lived up was the MP and the single player should (imo) outshine that, like Uncharted 2 did. You see what I'm saying?? You keep ? on me saying I don't like the MP, which I never said man. Funny you think you're so good though lol you're probably average seeing my PS3 list pretty much averages out to about your ratio anyways lol it's not a HARD game to get use to or even TRY to play. I DONT try at all lol I just ? around everytime, like I said, I can really really care less about worrying about my ratio. I have a dude on my list who has a 312 ? streak, his ratio is like 3. something, like really?? It's that serious? lmao
  • One Spliff
    edited February 2010
    you said, and i quote...."Overall, MW2 is pretty much lame. I'll play max 5-10 games and get bored. The campaign replay value is low, the spec ops once completed is what, a one time thing to mess with? It isn't the worst but def. one of the most disappointing games of '09."

u even said..."If uncharted had better/a bit bigger maps, more players online it would've ? on MW2 period but wouldn't have had as big as a fan base. "

lol...

i dont get why u trying to backtrack now and play dumb....? stop flip flopping, u flat out called multiplayer lame, u said u get bored after 5-10 games (even tho thats normal), n u even had the audacity to try n say U2 cud of been better....SMH....jus smh...

N why are you trying to act like YOU DONT KNOW that cod is all about multiplayer....come on, u aint dumb...so stop the act.....cod is all about miltiplayer.....you said multiplayer shud be the bonus, but u damn well that it aint when it comes to cod...so overall you shuidnt be taking anything away from the game simply because the single player is more of a bonus...thats takes nothing away from the game bruh....and i hav no idea why u comparing it to U2....everybody know its the opposite with U2...i dont udnerstand why said that single player shud outshine multiplayer like u2...wtf ?....cod is a FPS for starters, an arcade style one at that....uncharted is an action adveture/platformer, lol...their compeltely different games so why shud they be the same in terms of singleplayer/multiplayer ???....u aint this dumb man....

take killzone2 for example....maaaaan....multiplayer waaaaaaaaaaaaay outshines single player, lol....thats how it shud be bruh., its what they infact AIM for, how else you gon get people to keep playing ?

u buy u2 for single player, u buy mw2 for for multiplayer...personally i bought mw2 for both, because i loved mw1 campaign...n im sure there some people who enjoyed u2 multiplayer (was wack as ? to me, u2 suits single player)

also how could u have been expecting so much from mw2, when you said yourself that mw1 campaign was wack ?...lol....i mean come on...you knew what to expect....you knew campaign was gon be short, u knew it was gon be similar to mw2....you knewthe onus is on multiplayer......so when u call it the biggest dissapointment of 09...u talkin about the whole game, including multiplayer.,..u kno damn well u talkin bout multiplayer also...

not to mention u was moaning bout n talkin bout super irratating campers and wastelands and the lame style of play that players incorperate....but tbh...after 4 days of play that is kind of embarassing...after 4 days+ of gameplay if u still gettin owned by campers, then quit and cop a wii or 1 of them new wakc ass wireless segas....because it sound like u've already stagnated....but hey...i guess u only play 4 fun right ?...so its all good....lol.....basically....

cod is ? if u anit wack.

retract the statements you made saying mw2 was lame, and talkin about u2 cud be better, n calling it the biggest disspoitnment of 09....n then we good...because otherwise if u dont, then u've pretty much just proven my point that only n00bs slander mw2...
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    lol @ trying to have an intelligent debate with a ?
  • One Spliff
    edited February 2010
    lol @ trying to have an intelligent debate with a ?

your 0.43 ratio speaks volumes...

stop stalking me, it aint cute no more.
  • earth two superman
    edited February 2010
    like i said before, I play and love mw2 and could give 2 ? about my ratio.

spliff, serious talk, for gods sake, do us all a favor and get a 360. They're very cheap and have lots of shooters you might like. I even heard they have one with zombies. and your constant ? and pompousness would fit right in with xbox live.
  • One Spliff
    edited February 2010
    like i said before, I play and love mw2 and could give 2 ? about my ratio.

spliff, serious talk, for gods sake, do us all a favor and get a 360. They're very cheap and have lots of shooters you might like. I even heard they have one with zombies. and your constant ? and pompousness would fit right in with xbox live.

lmao @ u tryin 2 sayin that the ps3 is too good for me...LOL....

i like l4d actually, the look of it anyway...looks like alot of fun....but the ps3 has enuf to keep me satisfied...

sorry, im staying.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    uh oh...time to for me to break out the fact file once again....*deep breathe*

"men lie, women lie...numbers don't"

bcotton:

time played : 2 days, 11 hours, 56 m
    ratio: 0.92

joshua:

time played: 2 hours, 57 mins
    ratio: 0.38

VIBE:

time played: 4 days, 17 hours, 17 minutes
    ratio: 0.72

madlionsfan:

rented the game...lol

i can understand someone like joshua becos he only played for a couple of hours...which is how much y'all shud of played for if the game was really that 'lame' or 'wack'...n at least he acknowledged the fact the mp was fun....

lol lol lol

you know a guy is serious about a game when he goes and pulls player stats lol

don't get me wrong, I don't hate MW2. I just think it was way overhyped. Especially when people started calling it GOTY or even best game ever. I was very disappointed with the SP. If you want to be considered a great game, your SP must be on point. The story had me hooked for a while, really had me interested through the build up, and then just fell off. Like they didn't know where to take it so they just hurried it.

The MP is great. Lots of fun. Like everyone said, campers and cheats mess up the game. But it does not bother me all that much. I still enjoy it. Still one of the best MP games I've played.

I just have not played it since I got AC2. I'm not a big FPS fan but I do enjoy them when I give it a try.

I don't think MW2 is a bad game. I'm just saying its not GOTY or the next Messiah as some people make it out to be.
  • One Spliff
    edited February 2010
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    lol lol lol

you know a guy is serious about a game when he goes and pulls player stats lol

don't get me wrong, I don't hate MW2. I just think it was way overhyped. Especially when people started calling it GOTY or even best game ever. I was very disappointed with the SP. If you want to be considered a great game, your SP must be on point. The story had me hooked for a while, really had me interested through the build up, and then just fell off. Like they didn't know where to take it so they just hurried it.

The MP is great. Lots of fun. Like everyone said, campers and cheats mess up the game. But it does not bother me all that much. I still enjoy it. Still one of the best MP games I've played.

I just have not played it since I got AC2. I'm not a big FPS fan but I do enjoy them when I give it a try.

I don't think MW2 is a bad game. I'm just saying its not GOTY or the next Messiah as some people make it out to be.

at least u talk sense...

the mw2 single player was a lil dissppointing in comparison to mw1...yea no doubt...n ive gon on record as saying its was wayyy to cliche n corny, almost liek they tried to hard...i didnt mind tho, cos it was still fun...MP is ? tho no doubt.

im ? with AC1 right now, i really like it...n cant wait to cop AC2...AC2 will be my fav game of all time by the looks of things, lol...cos ac1 catch alot of hate n ac2 suppoed to be 10 times better...

also got dead space in the mail today...

chea.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    I think my biggest gripe is people around here (locally) that haven't played anything besides MW1 until MW2 arrived, then proclaimed it as the greatest thing ever. They missed out on all the good games of 2009 and just praise the one they did play.

I need to go back to playing MW2. Just around the time I stopped playing I had just gotten to a rank where I finally got a decent gun. So maybe I can get my ratio a little more respectable.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    it just keeps going with you right spliff? gotta be right. you can't find me saying the MP was wack or lame, like you said, its a normality that you get bored after a few games. thats that dude lol you try too hard.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
  • One Spliff
    edited February 2010
    i jus tried the infmous demo, lol

ok, i admit it...it aint as bad as i remembered, but it looked worse on my old 42 inch if i recall...

i was jus playin it now...n the gfx are ight...but the ? still rememded me of two other ps1 games for some reaosn...the cars remind me of die hard trilogy, the 3rd part of the game (die hard with a vengeance) and it also reminded me of 'driver'...lol...driver was actually a pretty sick game...

i still think infamous sucks as a game tho, not my style....prototype gfx were even worse.

infmaous gfx def aint seeing mw2 tho like some guy said in thsi thread....
  • One Spliff
    edited February 2010
    MW2 is ass

your ratio was 0.92 yesterday, today its 0.91....1 month ago it was like 1.10

n u've pld the game nearly the same amount of time i have...

50n0pe.gif
  • One Spliff
    edited February 2010
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    it just keeps going with you right spliff? gotta be right. you can't find me saying the MP was wack or lame, like you said, its a normality that you get bored after a few games. thats that dude lol you try too hard.

ratio: 0.71

1t7qqq.gif
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Turning Point Fall Of Liberty.....whoever made that game should be shot
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited February 2010
    Turning Point Fall Of Liberty.....whoever made that game should be shot

smh i played it once...and that was that probably the worst launch title ever smh
  • earth two superman
    edited February 2010
    hey i had that bugs bunny game when i was a young un.
  • s_double
    s_double Members Posts: 7
    edited February 2010
    Spliff sonning em.

straight up, if your k/d ratio is below 1...then of course you'll hate the game. playing the game only 16 minutes and hating on it...cmon son...you an ? for that one, ? outta here with dat ? . if your good, you'll ? campers, get your accuracy up. your probably shooting and ain't hitting ? . ? if I was dying all the time then yeah I would probably hate a game too. MW2 is a dope game and I haven't played it in like 3 weeks. Campaign is dope, multiplayer is dope...stop hating.