focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in R&B & Alternatives

Comments

• Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Average song at best. I mean why follow the trend and put Lil Wayne on the track. Adding a rapper 9 times out of 10 ends any chance for a R&B song to be timeless. It dates the song IMO. ERYKAH , you could have done better babe.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I think its just a throw away track. It's ok
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    A big fat 'MEH'
  • focus
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Average song at best. I mean why follow the trend and put Lil Wayne on the track. Adding a rapper 9 times out of 10 ends any chance for a R&B song to be timeless. It dates the song IMO. ERYKAH , you could have done better babe.

The problem with this track is not Wayne, he actually put in an ok verse, or the beat....its Erykah's incoherent mumbling. I love her, but lets call a ? a ? .
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    song is cool...geesh it's the single...did u guys like "honey" from her last album...her albums always got her deep ? on them...
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    anybody got a download link?..that mediafire isnt workin
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    song is cool...geesh it's the single...did u guys like "honey" from her last album...her albums always got her deep ? on them...

This is the thing Badu is the type of artist that doesn't have to come out with what u call a typical single. Her musical ability is already established so why follow the trend and put a rapper on a single. She is a known as a trendsetter . I mean if she wanted to put a rapper on a single , why not put one of her baby daddies on it. I know they would have been able to give u better quality than this ish
  • focus
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    This is the thing Badu is the type of artist that doesn't have to come out with what u call a typical single. Her musical ability is already established so why follow the trend and put a rapper on a single. She is a known as a trendsetter . I mean if she wanted to put a rapper on a single , why not put one of her baby daddies on it. I know they would have been able to give u better quality than this ish

As a big fan, I know Erykah loves down south as well as all kinds of Hip-Hop. She appreciates a simple banger every now and again. The last concert of hers I went to she came out to "Pop my Truck" by Wine-O.

This track is reminiscent of "Danger", which I loved from her. It was very mainstream/ on trend and a rapper could've easily been on that too.
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I thought this song was hot....it has a forgetable verse by Wayne but Bilal and E. Badu carry the song....
  • quietaskept
    quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think its a dope song. I don't even mind Wayne on the track. My only gripe is that it is too repetitive. I believe she could have added more to the "jump up in the air and stay there."
  • mellowyellow
    mellowyellow Members Posts: 9
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Anybody know if Bilal is planning on putting out anything of his own? And I heard D'Angelo had something new too.